Lakers at Thunder Game 3: Thursday April 22/ Lakers lead (2-0)

Well, hopefully the thunder can hit more of there open shots that they are getting via the lakers, and their zone defense, as they are loading up anytime westbrook and durant have any type of isolations.

To counteract that, I think they need to put durant on the post against artest and work through him there. This way, they can stop that loading defense to a degree, get durant to operate way closer to the basket than the 28 feet that he was working from in game one, and hopefully the lakers double while he's on the the post so the thunder can get a chance to hit more of those open shots that I mentioned that they were getting.

Of course durant can't post up that well, but by initiating his point of attack from under 15 feet, it puts immense pressure on the lakers defense and it allows durant to get a lot more high quality shots.

They did very well in the open floor, scoring at will due in large part to westbrook. Hopefully they can improve on that avenue of scoring that they discovered in game 1.

The thunder are a good defensive team, but from what I see, their problem is just like the other 29 teams when they play the lakers. They'll force kobe or someone to shoot a bad shot but gasol, odom, bynum, etc. will kill on the offensive boards. This is a huge problem that I see.

All in all though, the thunder played well, but the Lakers size proved to be a bit of a difference. We'll see what game 2 has in store

Gona enjoy the holiday and hopefully see a Lakeshow W.

pimp.gif

The game is about adjustments, I expect the Thunder to utilize Russ Westbrook early and often.

Should be a good one, I'm on the hunt for some last minute tickets.

Everyone is talking about how bad Durant shot, etc. But the Lakers didn't exactly light up the gym either. Really only Pau and Bynum were effective and we still dominated most of the game. If the offense is actually clicking this game, we should win easily. I keep hoping KB is going to shoot better, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen so we just have to keep pounding it inside with Drew and Pau.

Westbrook will probably go for 40 though
laugh.gif

If the Thunder are going to have any shot of making this series last more than 5 games they need to win tonight.

But...

It ain't happening tonight.

I see Kobe going off for 30+ on a better shooting night. Pau will get close to 20 & 10. Bynum will have another double double and Lakers will take this one by 10+ .

i expect an even closer game but lakers should still have this.

no way durant gets shut down again.

hopefully okc is more comfortable in game 2. they looked nervous from the start and just weren't able to settle down.

durant needs to go off for them to have a shot at winning but artest is going to be in his face all day again.

i was looking forward to this series the most. i don't see LA sweeping, i think okc can win both of their home games but thats about it.

Control the tempo and feed Bynum on the block! Odom needs to be more aggressive,
Artest needs to start knocking down wide open shots...
Chick Hearn Ceremony is today.
If there's ever a game in which the Lakers should come out with fire, it's this one!!!

Lakers by 10-15!!!
pimp.gif

Defense won last game, I hope they keep the same intensity.

Kobe needs to go back to being a facilitator more often than not, give Gasol and Bynum the damn basketball more often.
I hate when they settle for a 3 pointer.

Why we got 2 threads going? Oh well. Lakers with the sweep, I only see us getting better because of the return of our regular line-ups. Kobe WILL shoot better.

Back
Top Bottom