Lakers @ Cavs, 1/21/2010 on TNT @ 8PM ET Lebron vs Kobe Part Deux

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by Olvera23

Cavs want the lakers in the finals.

the Cavs need to be worried about getting to the Finals first
qft, just like all the other contenders, way too early to talk about that yet, it's not even All Star Break

I commend the Cav fans who are realist and talk from an un-biased view and not expecting their team to automatically earn a trip to the finals just becausethey're the best record in the East currently

QFT, and I rarely if ever agree with you.
laugh.gif

Lets get it.
pimp.gif

And JDB, why DON'T you want to play the Lakers in the Finals? You afraid of them?
nerd.gif

yeah really, i mean if we're gonna make bold statements here, why not just go for the lakers in the finals? would there be a better team to go against? idont think so. that would be the highlight of the 21st century here in ohio.

--Having the words Cavs and Finals in the same sentence isnt making a bold statement, because it is pretty concievable.
--Saying they are gonna win the Finals on the other hand...would be a bold statement.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif

Lets get it.
pimp.gif

And JDB, why DON'T you want to play the Lakers in the Finals? You afraid of them?
nerd.gif
Hell yeah he's afraid... Who wants to play the Lakers?
laugh.gif

I expect this to be a great game.

I hope Kobe doesn't try to do too much.

He's been soothing terrible with all his injuries
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif

Lets get it.
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

smh.gif
Dang man, gotta change my avy now. Thanks alot
tired.gif

damn guys its just a regular season game calm down lol ska should have locked it up until game time that way we could actually talk about the game and not thefinals lol

laugh.gif
OK OK guys, let me clear my statements.

1. I did get the job offer from JPMorgan yesterday, totally off-topic but I'm pumped and some of you were asking. I'll be in Commercial Banking in theBusiness Credit division, thanks for the posts guys. I'll be moving to the East side or downtown in the next few weeks.

2. As a basketball fan, I'D LOVE to see Cavs-Lakers in the Finals, I said the same thing last year during the playoffs, check my posts. As a Cavs fan, theLakers still worry me when totally healthy, and this city needs a championship more than a "dream basketball matchup," see what I mean? I'm justmuch more confident in the Cavs WINNING a title against DEN or SAS, I'm a little surprised I don't have any backing there but...I'm just beinghonest.

3. Olvera23: I misread your statement, sorry bro. You never said "we'd crush LA," and I thought that's what you were implying.

4. We need to focus on getting to the Finals, period. Enrique23: QFT x 10,000

5. My brother made me give him $200 cash and I have to proofread and edit his whole Masters paper for me to take a girl to the game tonight. Heading toMorton's happy hour and then the game...not a bad first date, right?
laugh.gif
Sec 124/125, Row 9.

--Finally gameday.
--Works perfect for me. Work 9-5 then just stroll over to Applebees for the game.
--Lets GO LAKERS!!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523
Congrats on the job.
pimp.gif

I see what you're saying, but as a fan and a competitor, I'm not one to root for a "better matchup" or the "easy route" for myteam. If you wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best. If we get the the Finals, I WANT the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers to be there.

But I digress, like a few have already said, it's only January...why the hell are we talking about June?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

^^Thanks guys, I appreciate the support, it's been a tough 4 months of unemployment. If anybody needs interview/resume tips PM me and I'll be happy tohelp.

And if I wasn't taking a girl to this game as a first date I'd 100% be holding a "Get Well Soon Tiger" sign at the game...

This thread right now
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I remember before the X-Mas game there was sooo much tension between LA and CLE fans...

I think we're actually finally being civilized people and talking realistically.

EVERYONE wants to see this as a potential finals matchup...if you are a basketball fan Lebron-Kobe finals would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

BUT it's way too early in the season to think this especially Cavs fan.

I hope and pray that the matchup happens not for the fact that Bron can beat Kobe in the finals, but the fact that they will both be in it. Best 2 players inthe world.

LeBron > Kobe. Kobe > LeBron. who cares?

Let's just be grateful that we get to witness and watch this two amazing players compete at the highest level every night.

Can't wait for the game tonight. Win or lose, this game may be a preview to something great in June
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Even if the Lakers lose, I'm hoping it's competitive and that the refs let the Lakers teams play.

I'll be disappointed if LeBron gets to bowl his way into the lane AND get foul calls. I'd be surprised, and disappointed, if Shaq picks up ticky tackfouls against Pau.

I'll be disappointed if the Lakers interior players play soft at both ends and reach on D, causing them to pick up a lot of bad fouls.

I just saw that Mo Williams is supposed to be out for tonight's game
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom