**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Cuz they can say look we got us back deep into the playoffs in our 2nd year as the new front office. It’s all about stroking their own egos as executives

Cuz they can say look we got us back deep into the playoffs in our 2nd year as the new front office. It’s all about stroking their own egos as executives

Pretty damn sure your wildin if this is why you believe they're chasing 2 of the top 5 free agents + 1 of the top 5 players in the entire league when healthy.....

Sounds like you're cool with not making the playoff's again

maMEX.gif

Christ no not Whiteside

My brother is a huge Heat fan and he's willing to let dude go for just a second he's so over him :lol:

Did you not see Whiteside in the playoffs?!? No effort. His contract is damn near worse than Deng's too. I'm good. Just let deng expire or stretch him. Please don't take back any more **** contracts.

Reactions: God
Whiteside was down on himself because of his diminished role, he's still a really good center. I'll admit that he's more of an old-school center and he'd have trouble staying on the court against the Warriors, Celtics, Rockets, etc. but he's still light-years ahead of Lopez. This would alleviate the need for us to spent money to sign a center in free agency and we'd get to unload a really bad contract in Deng. Only issue is that we couldn't play him with Randle (if we were able to re-sign him)

Ball
PG/Hart
Bron/BI
Kuzma
Whiteside

Last edited:
Deng has 36 milion left on his contract.
Whiteside has 52 million left.

I'm good. Rather use that $8mil a year difference on a good player.

Whiteside was down on himself because of his diminished role, he's still a really good center. I'll admit that he's more of an old-school center and he'd have trouble staying on the court against the Warriors, Celtics, Rockets, etc. but he's still light-years ahead of Lopez. This would alleviate the need for us to spent money to sign a center in free agency and we'd get to unload a really bad contract in Deng. Only issue is that we couldn't play him with Randle (if we were able to re-sign him)

Ball
PG/Hart
Bron/BI
Kuzma
Whiteside

Julius is already a way more impactful player than Whiteside... I don’t see any benefit in bringing someone was as weak and uninspired as him.

I would be weary of any team that would be willing to trade for Deng lol

Pretty damn sure your wildin if this is why you believe they're chasing 2 of the top 5 free agents + 1 of the top 5 players in the entire league when healthy.....

Sounds like you're cool with not making the playoff's again

We have a good young team with potentially GREAT players that can contend for many years. Going after Lebron and trading all young assets for guys is short sighted. That would indicate they’re looking for instant success rather than sustained success. And we know damn well Lebron will have his first major career injury when he puts on that purple and gold, happens all the time to us

I genuinely don't understand the Lebron hate. Maybe its the remnants of the Lebron vs. Kobe debate from a decade ago?

The only thing we'd give up in signing Lebron is Randle b/c we'd have to rescind his rights in order to make space for two max guys (this is assuming we get Paul George and assuming we don't find a way to get rid of Deng's contract). I like Randle but if signing Lebron means we lose Julius Randle, every team in the league would let Randle walk. The next 3-4 years of Lebron >>>>>>>>>>> the next 3-4 years of Randle even if Lebron will be 37 by then.

Is the concern Lebron trying to play GM and making us trade away all of our other young guys?

We have a good young team with potentially GREAT players that can contend for many years. Going after Lebron and trading all young assets for guys is short sighted. That would indicate they’re looking for instant success rather than sustained success. And we know damn well Lebron will have his first major career injury when he puts on that purple and gold, happens all the time to us
I fear the damage is already done all this trade and no one is untouchable talk could potentially hurt our relationship with our young guys...could very well push them away

It’s not hate. He’s 34, signs 1 year deals and goes through this drama every summer, wants his own players like James jones, wants his coach, too controlling, plus doesn’t play D or give effort that much at this stage of his career. No thanks, rather have a young exciting team rather than watch Lebron-ball kicking it out to shooters for a year or two

Last edited:
I genuinely don't understand the Lebron hate. Maybe its the remnants of the Lebron vs. Kobe debate from a decade ago?

The only thing we'd give up in signing Lebron is Randle b/c we'd have to rescind his rights in order to make space for two max guys (this is assuming we get Paul George and assuming we don't find a way to get rid of Deng's contract). I like Randle but if signing Lebron means we lose Julius Randle, every team in the league would let Randle walk. The next 3-4 years of Lebron >>>>>>>>>>> the next 3-4 years of Randle even if Lebron will be 37 by then.

Is the concern Lebron trying to play GM and making us trade away all of our other young guys?

He's 34, going into his 16th NBA season, with almost 60,000 NBA minutes in his career. What good is he gonna be after 1-2-3 more seasons? You really wanna clear out our roster for his 1-2-3 years, and then start a complete rebuild all over again when he's done?

It’s not hate. He’s 34, signs 1 year deals and goes through this drama every summer, wants his own players like James jones, wants his coach, too controlling, plus doesn’t play D or give effort that much at this stage of his career. No thanks, rather have a young exciting team rather than watch Lebron ball kicking it out to shooters for a year or two
He's 34, going into his 16th NBA season, with almost 60,000 NBA minutes in his career. What good is he gonna be after 1-2-3 more seasons? You really wanna clear out our roster for his 1-2-3 years, and then start a complete rebuild all over again when he's done?

LeBron is the best player in basketball now and will be at least a top 5 player for the next 3 to 4 years. The dude's literally never been injured and even though he's declining, he's declining at such a slow rate he still the best.

And what is all this clear our roster talk? We have enough money to sign to Mac free agents. What makes you think we're going to clear our roster?

If LeBron has the mentality that we need to trade all of our young guys for I'll agree that we shouldn't sign them. I'm just saying you guys are jumping to conclusions.

I'm on the position less bandwagon that the Celts have mastered with the youngins... but if LeBron comes calling and says he has PG and for Rob to go get Kawhi you know with 100000000000% certainty that Magic will pull that trigger.

Now its just accepting that outcome, when LeBron inevitably pops an Achilles :frown:

I remember when Malone, Nash, and Kobe we're all gonna play at a high level for 3-4 more years, at least......

I don't remember this :lol:. I was a kid and remember being confused by everyone in the media saying win or lose, this team won't be together next year. They were saying that from the beginning of the season

Edit - nevermind, misread that

I'm on the position less bandwagon that the Celts have mastered with the youngins... but if LeBron comes calling and says he has PG and for Rob to go get Kawhi you know with 100000000000% certainty that Magic will pull that trigger.

Now its just accepting that outcome, when LeBron inevitably pops an Achilles :frown:

This is definitely Magic's dream scenario (minus the achilles)

Back
Top Bottom