[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

I still got faith in the Lakers... We got this!

I have Faith in the Mavericks!

As long as we both have faith all is well mjrod.

I honestly think we have what it takes to beat LA. And that is a feeling I've never had but then again this is the first time we've seen each otheer in playoffs.

You also said Kobe would struggle against Dallas as he has been all season, clearly you were wrong.

Either way, If I'm Dallas I don't mind Kobe going off as long as Gasol and Odom are ghost. Same with Dirk, I don't really care if he goes off if everyone else is no where to be found.

Last game was terrible for both teams, it didn't even feel like a playoff game. Lets not blame the staples center fans, both teams just played
sick.gif
I was wrong? He had no assists and missed a big shot. If he didn't dish out the ball to this team, lost a buzzer beater, and didn't win..... how was I wrong?
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/18682/lakers-vs-mavericks-game-1-what-to-watch

"On isolation plays this season, Kobe shot 44.3 percent (fourth-highest in the league in iso situations) on 6.3 attempts per game, good for one point per play on average. Against the Mavs, he took more shots in isolation (8.0) but connected at a lower percentage (37.5), dropping the average points per play down to .87.

Continuing that theme, Kobe averaged 8.7 points per game on jumpers 15 feet or further, drilled to the tune of 36.3 percent. Against the Mavs, Bryant was good for just 4.3 points and 22.2 percent shooting."

Just reading the stats as they come in guys.  

I fully agree with both teams playing bad. I think we are all in for a good series.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

I still got faith in the Lakers... We got this!

I have Faith in the Mavericks!

As long as we both have faith all is well mjrod.

I honestly think we have what it takes to beat LA. And that is a feeling I've never had but then again this is the first time we've seen each otheer in playoffs.

You also said Kobe would struggle against Dallas as he has been all season, clearly you were wrong.

Either way, If I'm Dallas I don't mind Kobe going off as long as Gasol and Odom are ghost. Same with Dirk, I don't really care if he goes off if everyone else is no where to be found.

Last game was terrible for both teams, it didn't even feel like a playoff game. Lets not blame the staples center fans, both teams just played
sick.gif
I was wrong? He had no assists and missed a big shot. If he didn't dish out the ball to this team, lost a buzzer beater, and didn't win..... how was I wrong?
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/18682/lakers-vs-mavericks-game-1-what-to-watch

"On isolation plays this season, Kobe shot 44.3 percent (fourth-highest in the league in iso situations) on 6.3 attempts per game, good for one point per play on average. Against the Mavs, he took more shots in isolation (8.0) but connected at a lower percentage (37.5), dropping the average points per play down to .87.

Continuing that theme, Kobe averaged 8.7 points per game on jumpers 15 feet or further, drilled to the tune of 36.3 percent. Against the Mavs, Bryant was good for just 4.3 points and 22.2 percent shooting."

Just reading the stats as they come in guys.  

I fully agree with both teams playing bad. I think we are all in for a good series.

The one HUGE advantage the Lakers really have is size, and with Dirk out there, it negates a lot of it because nobody in their starting lineup can guard him. He's going to murder Pau and Bynum every single time.

Odom is their best chance at containing him, but then you can't go Odom/Pau/Bynum for long stretches because that creates other matchup issues and pulls another one of the bigs outta the paint anyways...

The Mavs don't match up particularly well with the Lakers, but Dirk negates a lot of those issues on his own because he's so difficult for them to defend.

The one HUGE advantage the Lakers really have is size, and with Dirk out there, it negates a lot of it because nobody in their starting lineup can guard him. He's going to murder Pau and Bynum every single time.

Odom is their best chance at containing him, but then you can't go Odom/Pau/Bynum for long stretches because that creates other matchup issues and pulls another one of the bigs outta the paint anyways...

The Mavs don't match up particularly well with the Lakers, but Dirk negates a lot of those issues on his own because he's so difficult for them to defend.

^
Very true. 

Just once for fun, I would love to see Phil go with Bynum/Pau/Odom/Ron/Kobe on the floor, and run a zone defense.  
laugh.gif

It'll never happen, but I just wanna see it once, 24 seconds, Phil should do that for the fans at least.

^
Very true. 

Just once for fun, I would love to see Phil go with Bynum/Pau/Odom/Ron/Kobe on the floor, and run a zone defense.  
laugh.gif

It'll never happen, but I just wanna see it once, 24 seconds, Phil should do that for the fans at least.

See the only thing with the three bigs out there is that it's still relatively easy for Dallas to match up with...

Bynum/Chandler
Pau/Dirk
Odom/Marion
KB/Brewer? I think that's probably my starter for Game 2
Fisher/Kidd

Then throw Kidd on Kobe late and Terry on whoever the point is... I think that's less a matchup issue for Dallas than the other way around... All Odom on Dirk does in that scenario is pull Gasol out of the paint on Marion and the advantage swings back Dirk's way with less length in the paint...

I don't think Stevenson ever sees the floor again if I'm Carlisle.

See the only thing with the three bigs out there is that it's still relatively easy for Dallas to match up with...

Bynum/Chandler
Pau/Dirk
Odom/Marion
Fisher/Kidd

Then throw Kidd on Kobe late and Terry on whoever the point is... I think that's less a matchup issue for Dallas than the other way around... All Odom on Dirk does in that scenario is pull Gasol out of the paint on Marion and the advantage swings back Dirk's way with less length in the paint...

I would say they need to run the triangle, but Kobe refuses to pass the ball. The guy is clearly the best player on the team (sorry Pau fans), but he's not so godlike that he's gonna win by himself. Dish the ball into the bigs. I honestly think Kobe wanted to put on a highlight show because he never even considered that the Mavs could possibly win. They can. I don't want to see Mamba take more than 19 shots tonight. You gotta use your bigs.

I would say they need to run the triangle, but Kobe refuses to pass the ball. The guy is clearly the best player on the team (sorry Pau fans), but he's not so godlike that he's gonna win by himself. Dish the ball into the bigs. I honestly think Kobe wanted to put on a highlight show because he never even considered that the Mavs could possibly win. They can. I don't want to see Mamba take more than 19 shots tonight. You gotta use your bigs.

^pau needs to go to work. he gets the ball faces up then passes back out. i dont want to see jumpshots i want to see him attacking the rim. how is dirk gonna gaurd him in the paint. he needs to realize that advantage and exploit it. kobes only shouldering the load pau isnt right now. i agree kobe shot too much, everyone does. however he shot almost 50% and pau had only 10? shots when he touches the ball on almost every possesion (besides when that BH shannon brown comes down n hoists) so the onus is on pau as much as phil n kobe if not more so.

^pau needs to go to work. he gets the ball faces up then passes back out. i dont want to see jumpshots i want to see him attacking the rim. how is dirk gonna gaurd him in the paint. he needs to realize that advantage and exploit it. kobes only shouldering the load pau isnt right now. i agree kobe shot too much, everyone does. however he shot almost 50% and pau had only 10? shots when he touches the ball on almost every possesion (besides when that BH shannon brown comes down n hoists) so the onus is on pau as much as phil n kobe if not more so.

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

C'mon dude, Kobe does pass the ball abundantly (by his standards), stop with the blind hate.  I agree on LA having to go into the triangle more, ever since they got Ron the triangle doesn't seem as fluid, but that's what you have to give up for his defense.  The Mavs are the worst team for Ron to play against, he's not tall enough to be that effective against Dirk, and since Dirk is a star he'll get calls when Ron tries to play overly aggressive on him.  Which leaves Ron to guard someone like Marion off ball, which is good for the Mavs because it takes the best perimeter defender on the court out of the game most of the time.
I'm still pulling for LA in 6, my prediction at the end of the playoffs was that they would end up 16-6

I thought they would beat NO 4-1 (ended up 4-2)

Thought they would beat the Mavs/Blazers 4-2

I think i'm the only person picking Memphis to reach the WCF and picked LA to beat them 4-1

Then picked LA to beat BOS/MIA in the Finals in 6

I underestimated the impact of Tyson Chandler being on the Mavs though, this is going to be a very tough series.

C'mon dude, Kobe does pass the ball abundantly (by his standards), stop with the blind hate.  I agree on LA having to go into the triangle more, ever since they got Ron the triangle doesn't seem as fluid, but that's what you have to give up for his defense.  The Mavs are the worst team for Ron to play against, he's not tall enough to be that effective against Dirk, and since Dirk is a star he'll get calls when Ron tries to play overly aggressive on him.  Which leaves Ron to guard someone like Marion off ball, which is good for the Mavs because it takes the best perimeter defender on the court out of the game most of the time.
I'm still pulling for LA in 6, my prediction at the end of the playoffs was that they would end up 16-6

I think i'm the only person picking Memphis to reach the WCF and picked LA to beat them 4-1

Then picked LA to beat BOS/MIA in the Finals in 6

I underestimated the impact of Tyson Chandler being on the Mavs though, this is going to be a very tough series.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Bynum/Chandler
Pau/Dirk
Odom/Marion
Fisher/Kidd

Yeah but I would like that for our defense.  Who the hell gonna score for Dallas in that lineup?  It would be Dirk, by himself, which is what I want. 

And I said Ron, not Fisher.  Let Kobe and Lamar do the ball handling, so they couldn't use Terry, and have Kobe/Pau/Lamar run the offense with Bynum down low for cheap @#$% and Ron can sit and spin for all I care. 
laugh.gif

If Marion takin Pau out top is my worry, I would welcome the hell outta that. 

This is never ever ever going to happen btw, Phil hasn't put that 5 out on the court even a single second the last 2 years. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif
  I just want to see it once, just to see how it would work.  Last year it wouldn't work at all because Lamar couldn't shoot a lick, this year, he's at least decent, he might be able to knock a shot or 2 down.  Oh well. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Bynum/Chandler
Pau/Dirk
Odom/Marion
Fisher/Kidd

Yeah but I would like that for our defense.  Who the hell gonna score for Dallas in that lineup?  It would be Dirk, by himself, which is what I want. 

And I said Ron, not Fisher.  Let Kobe and Lamar do the ball handling, so they couldn't use Terry, and have Kobe/Pau/Lamar run the offense with Bynum down low for cheap @#$% and Ron can sit and spin for all I care. 
laugh.gif

If Marion takin Pau out top is my worry, I would welcome the hell outta that. 

This is never ever ever going to happen btw, Phil hasn't put that 5 out on the court even a single second the last 2 years. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif
  I just want to see it once, just to see how it would work.  Last year it wouldn't work at all because Lamar couldn't shoot a lick, this year, he's at least decent, he might be able to knock a shot or 2 down.  Oh well. 
laugh.gif

Could have won game 1 but Phil ignorant %*@ decide to play the bench and let the Mavs come back. After this season please trade Shannon Dumb and Matt Sucks. Coulda woulda shoulda won game 1 when we were up 16. smh.
This thread might implode tonight too if we go down 0-2

Could have won game 1 but Phil ignorant %*@ decide to play the bench and let the Mavs come back. After this season please trade Shannon Dumb and Matt Sucks. Coulda woulda shoulda won game 1 when we were up 16. smh.
This thread might implode tonight too if we go down 0-2

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

Then picked MIA to beat LA/OKC in the Finals in 6

Fixed.

Heat is going to take the chip this year .
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CareFreeJR

Then picked MIA to beat LA/OKC in the Finals in 6

Fixed.

Heat is going to take the chip this year .
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Could have won game 1 but Phil ignorant %*@ decide to play the bench and let the Mavs come back. 

let me remind you the laker bench wasnt in at the time when they choked up the 16 point lead.

Back
Top Bottom