[::LAKERS vs. MAVERICKS THREAD |Mavs sweep Lakers, Congrats Mavs Fans::]

and Butler isnt even playing, if he was...Lakers would of got smacked by 25+

YEAH I SAID IT!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I won't be shocked if we go up 2-0 tomorrow.
How quickly we forget...

Exactly

I bet $100 bucks on Portland.

I seriously think we get beat in 6.
Hm.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Kobe is Kobe. But, the Lakers will only go as far as Gasol takes them. We all know this.

The Mavericks front line, and even with Haywood off the bench is 2x better than the depleted Hornets front line that they trotted out there. And Gasol was still inconsistent.

I will agree with Barkley's assessment that the Mavericks in 6.

At the end of the day, I'll take Chandler's toughness in the middle (over Gasoft), Dirk's automatic o (practically unguardable), Kidd's shooting (over DFish unless there's less than 10 seconds on the clock), and Jet's scoring off the bench than anybody off the bench. Yes, even over Odom, and definitely over Shannon and Blake.

Phil is hard headed and stubborn though.

We all know this.

As a result, Bynum will once again get the start, and that means LO coming off the bench, when it should be LO starting.

Dallas wins game 2.

Exits for real this time.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Unless Pau takes over 2H, Lakers are losing this game.

Unless Gasol takes over the 4th, the Lakers are losing this game

I'm quote-proof since page 4 or whatever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[Kanye] Ya'll can't tell me nothin' [/Kanye]

Originally Posted by University of Nike

I won't be shocked if we go up 2-0 tomorrow.
How quickly we forget...

Exactly

I bet $100 bucks on Portland.

I seriously think we get beat in 6.
Hm.

Kobe is Kobe. But, the Lakers will only go as far as Gasol takes them. We all know this.

The Mavericks front line, and even with Haywood off the bench is 2x better than the depleted Hornets front line that they trotted out there. And Gasol was still inconsistent.

I will agree with Barkley's assessment that the Mavericks in 6.

At the end of the day, I'll take Chandler's toughness in the middle (over Gasoft), Dirk's automatic o (practically unguardable), Kidd's shooting (over DFish unless there's less than 10 seconds on the clock), and Jet's scoring off the bench than anybody off the bench. Yes, even over Odom, and definitely over Shannon and Blake.

Phil is hard headed and stubborn though.

We all know this.

As a result, Bynum will once again get the start, and that means LO coming off the bench, when it should be LO starting.

Dallas wins game 2.

Exits for real this time.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Unless Pau takes over 2H, Lakers are losing this game.

Unless Gasol takes over the 4th, the Lakers are losing this game

I'm quote-proof since page 4 or whatever
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[Kanye] Ya'll can't tell me nothin' [/Kanye]

Sneakerpro said:

[h6]This year I told told myself I would be humble. Even tried the whole reverse jinx bit. But I can't do it. F the Lakers as a team, a organization and a fanbase. Mavs in 6. They ain't that damn good.[/h6]

Sneakerpro said:

[h6]This year I told told myself I would be humble. Even tried the whole reverse jinx bit. But I can't do it. F the Lakers as a team, a organization and a fanbase. Mavs in 6. They ain't that damn good.[/h6]

Originally Posted by enrique23

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

[table][tr][td] Sat 27[/td][td] @ Dallas[/td][td]  L 95-106[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] Mon 20[/td][td] vs Dallas[/td][td]  L 96-98[/td][/tr][/table]

what was that you said, boy?
This dude pull out regular season game stat
laugh.gif

It's the playoff now boy
It's going to take David Stern on your side if yall are to have any chances of coming back
laugh.gif

Rip.

obviously it's the playoffs.

according to the first post you made, that doesn't make a difference

"When you can't beat a soft team like the Mavs you know you're trash"

you didn't say "When you can't beat a soft team like that Mavs in the playoffs you know you're trash"
you said

you guys failed to beat them twice

Stick to the point.
We're talking playoff here dude. Regular season is trash. No body cares if Lakers beat Mavs 4 times in reg season. Playoff is where it actually count and Lakers look like they are having a hard time winning a game let alone winning 4 games from now on to come back and win the series.
laugh.gif

Once again. Lakers is trash right now. They are going down after Sunday if they playing like this

Originally Posted by KingjamesJP84

[table][tr][td] Sat 27[/td][td] @ Dallas[/td][td]  L 95-106[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td] Mon 20[/td][td] vs Dallas[/td][td]  L 96-98[/td][/tr][/table]

what was that you said, boy?
This dude pull out regular season game stat
laugh.gif

It's the playoff now boy
It's going to take David Stern on your side if yall are to have any chances of coming back
laugh.gif

Rip.

obviously it's the playoffs.

according to the first post you made, that doesn't make a difference

you didn't say "When you can't beat a soft team like that Mavs in the playoffs you know you're trash"
you said

you guys failed to beat them twice

Stick to the point.
We're talking playoff here dude. Regular season is trash. No body cares if Lakers beat Mavs 4 times in reg season. Playoff is where it actually count and Lakers look like they are having a hard time winning a game let alone winning 4 games from now on to come back and win the series.
laugh.gif

Once again. Lakers is trash right now. They are going down after Sunday if they playing like this

Originally Posted by ohitzsean

LAKERS will win 2 straight in DALLAS. BLEE DAT!
pimp.gif

2 in Dallas??? That might be a stretch. I think 1 is more realistic, but I think 2 is possible. A stretch, but possible.

Originally Posted by ohitzsean

LAKERS will win 2 straight in DALLAS. BLEE DAT!
pimp.gif

2 in Dallas??? That might be a stretch. I think 1 is more realistic, but I think 2 is possible. A stretch, but possible.

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Originally Posted by Freeze

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.
Damn straight. This era belongs to the Heat and the Bulls, mainly the Heat. There's been a complete power shift. Lakers will be irrelevant in a few more years. 

for a 3-4 season stretch probably  but time and time again the lakers have found a way to get back in the mix of things.

Not gonna lie, I took this loss hard. I'm confident in my team, but I can't front, this feels like the end of an era. Lakers, Boston, spurs, Kobe smh. I dont know what say right now. Let's get the next one lakers.
Damn straight. This era belongs to the Heat and the Bulls, mainly the Heat. There's been a complete power shift. Lakers will be irrelevant in a few more years. 

for a 3-4 season stretch probably  but time and time again the lakers have found a way to get back in the mix of things.

Posted this in the Lakeshow thread:

Well, imo I picked dallas to win this game as well tonight, and i'm not a fan of either team, (memphis, 3 years strong) just some observations that i've made, my two cents I guess. People who follow the Lakeshow more, can see if I've hit the problem on the head for you all

Their offense and defense right now both are in a funk, more specifically their defense. They can't really do anything with dirk, no one can. They definately shouldn't double him, too many shooters on dallas. Even when the lakers couldn't buy a three point shot, and couldn't score in that 3rd quarter, they were right there. But, what they have been doing through these first two games and this is really hurting them, is going over the top of those screens set for barea and JT, especially when they are being set so high. If they keep going over the top that far out, just like tonight, those guards will just B-Line around bynum, and gasol, and odom, and now they have a wide open floor to play with. Barea really opened the game with this for those who watched.

If they can stop doing that, guard dirk straight up, and rebound a little more efficiently, they can get a few more easy baskets, in transition. They aren't too deft in transition, but dallas in the halfcourt defensively, is extremely underrated, as shown in these first two games.

Oh yeah, and they can't play more than 6, maybe 7 players. The lakers bench is flat out awful.

We'll see what adjustments the lakeshow make in Game two.

Posted this in the Lakeshow thread:

Well, imo I picked dallas to win this game as well tonight, and i'm not a fan of either team, (memphis, 3 years strong) just some observations that i've made, my two cents I guess. People who follow the Lakeshow more, can see if I've hit the problem on the head for you all

Their offense and defense right now both are in a funk, more specifically their defense. They can't really do anything with dirk, no one can. They definately shouldn't double him, too many shooters on dallas. Even when the lakers couldn't buy a three point shot, and couldn't score in that 3rd quarter, they were right there. But, what they have been doing through these first two games and this is really hurting them, is going over the top of those screens set for barea and JT, especially when they are being set so high. If they keep going over the top that far out, just like tonight, those guards will just B-Line around bynum, and gasol, and odom, and now they have a wide open floor to play with. Barea really opened the game with this for those who watched.

If they can stop doing that, guard dirk straight up, and rebound a little more efficiently, they can get a few more easy baskets, in transition. They aren't too deft in transition, but dallas in the halfcourt defensively, is extremely underrated, as shown in these first two games.

Oh yeah, and they can't play more than 6, maybe 7 players. The lakers bench is flat out awful.

We'll see what adjustments the lakeshow make in Game two.

Mavs needs to finish off the lakers first before they can celebrate.... They have got to get rid of their "Choker" mentality
laugh.gif
....Remember what happened to miami?.... 

Mavs needs to finish off the lakers first before they can celebrate.... They have got to get rid of their "Choker" mentality
laugh.gif
....Remember what happened to miami?.... 

if the lakers got back into title contention next year with a slightly revamped lineup would people still consider this year as the end of a dynasty?

the lakers biggest problem to me isnt so much defense but inconsistency, more so on the offensive end, we KNOW what they are on defense

ron, pau (this year), fish, blake, brown, barnes, odom (entire career) - this group represents inconsistency

kobe, ron, pau, bynum, odom & whoever - lakers have to address their inconsistency and it has to start with the bench, and then decide what to do with fisher

i say make a move for D Will

if the lakers got back into title contention next year with a slightly revamped lineup would people still consider this year as the end of a dynasty?

the lakers biggest problem to me isnt so much defense but inconsistency, more so on the offensive end, we KNOW what they are on defense

ron, pau (this year), fish, blake, brown, barnes, odom (entire career) - this group represents inconsistency

kobe, ron, pau, bynum, odom & whoever - lakers have to address their inconsistency and it has to start with the bench, and then decide what to do with fisher

i say make a move for D Will

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

As much as I don't like Kobe, players like him come literally once a century. When he's gone, Lakers will have to replace him. Basically like the Spurs, they'll need a complete retooling, meaning future first round exits, potentially not making the playoffs, etc. Every team goes through this.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

As much as I don't like Kobe, players like him come literally once a century. When he's gone, Lakers will have to replace him. Basically like the Spurs, they'll need a complete retooling, meaning future first round exits, potentially not making the playoffs, etc. Every team goes through this.

Back
Top Bottom