LC and PC on Space Jam XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help NT. I actually just picked up another pair of Space Jams that are in great shape. I feel like they are legit, but the main concern I have is the Icy Sole. I know that sounds crazy, but I know there should be yellowing on shoes that were released back in 09. There is a little bit of yellowing, but nothing like the other pair that I have. Whatch think?

The soles look fine. As long as they're not blue...

Should I be concerned wit hthe ICY Soles?
Probably should.

Pairs with really icy soles are considered unauthorized pairs AKA fakes by many, but it's up to you to believe.

From what I saw in your pictures, yours should be fine.

Last edited:
I noticed that there is very slight yellowing towards the heel of the shoe, but I just wanted to get everyones opinion. I have another pair, which have yellowed a bit more than the ones you see up top.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards the shoes being one of those "unauthorized" pairs for the following reasons:

1) Even though it appears that the soles of your pair are yellowing, shoes from 2009 should have a lot more yellowing than that. What you have there is very slight yellowing and they are still very icy in my opinion. Most DS '09 Space Jams I've seen have soles that are totally yellowed even if they were stored well. Just my opinion. Here are some pics of soles of legit DS '09 Space Jams:

As you can see, these soles are not icy at all. Now compared it with the soles of your shoes right here:

The soles of your pair are still pretty much very icy compared to the shoes above. It's safe to say that there's a very huge and noticeable difference in terms of "icyness". I also disagree with what the other guy said that as long as the soles aren't blue you're fine. Who knows. Maybe the soles weren't tinted blue or the blue tint just faded away faster. Again, that's just my opinion.

2) The cut of the patent leather at the back of your pair is a bit higher than normal especially on the right shoe. That's mostly what separates the legit Space Jams from the "unauthorized" ones. "Unauthorized" Jams for some reason have a higher cut of the patent leather at the back and the difference is obvious. Here are some pics of legit pairs showing how the cut of the patent leather at the back should look like:

Here's another pic by someone from NT who took a side by side picture of his legit 09 Jams and a fresh "unauthorized" pair:

The one on the left is the unauthorized one and the one on the right is the legit one. Again, the picture shows the difference in the height of the patent leather. Not a big difference in the picture shown but if you compare it to your shoes right here:

That patent leather cut is definitely higher compared to the cut of the legit one.

So there you go. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I picked up these on CL with another pair of J's.

Luvthemsneakers,
Thanks for the in depth reveiw. My initial concern when I bought them were the ICY soles and the higher cut on the PL on the right shoe like you pointed out.

Last edited:
I picked up these on CL with another pair of J's.

Luvthemsneakers,
Thanks for the in depth reveiw. My initial concern when I bought them were the ICY soles and the higher cut on the PL on the right shoe like you pointed out. I thought I purchased an authentic pair, but now I dont know if the pair I have are legit.
No problem. Glad I was able to help. How much did you pay for them?

Well if you try to get Space Jams like that directly from the Chinese sellers who carry them, it'll probably cost you around $220-$230 shipped for a pair plus the risk of US Customs either seizing them or charging you a Customs fee that is usually over $50 from what I've heard. If the VNDS White Cements 4s are in good condition like a 9/10 or 9.5/10, I'd say you got both shoes for a good price. But then again it all depends if you're really ok with rocking these "questionable" Space Jams. I know that some people are really particular about the authenticity of their kicks but personally I don't mind owning and rocking "unauthorized" shoes as long as I didn't over pay for them from someone claiming that they are legit.

Last edited:
I'm 99.9999% sure these are one of the "Grey-Market" pairs coming out of China, just judging by the pics of the heel/back of the shoe. Where did you buy these, and for how much? If you haven't already, check out the "Legit Check Jordan 11 Concords" posting by @luvthemsneakers. It has a LOT of info about these Grey-Market pairs, and there's stuff about the Space Jams that will help answer your question. You're definitely right to be suspicious, I can tell you that much. Peace

Last edited:
These are fake the production date is the biggest giveaway the start should say 7/08/2009 and the leather is way to high i know the fakes have gotten grate but these are straight fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom