Lebron IV vs Lebron VI

Aye whats up guys. I start Intramural Basketball soon and want some new basketball shoes. I'm thinking about getting either Lebron IV or VI, but can'tdecide.
Weight is not an issue nor is price.

Can some of you who have experience with them list some pros and cons? And which one would you choose in the end??

THANKS!!

Lebron 4
Pros: good traction, great fit, great cushioning
Cons: extremely heavy, long break-in time, not very flexible, subpar ankle support.

Lebron 6
Pros: great cushioning, good ankle support, lightweight, good fit
Cons: terrible traction that wears out quickly, sole separation issues, lacing system doesn't stay tight

Thanks man much appreciated. Both cons worry me, but I'll try to weigh it out.

IVs are it... these things form around the foot like crazy. The cuts on the sole make for great flexibility when running/cutting in any direction. Plus thedurability on these is crazy. I went a whole season (plus practices) with these looking brand new when the season retired. The VIs arent too durable and dontform to the foot quite well as the foamposite in the IV.

IV> VI mos def if weight is not an issue

That whole bottoming out with Hyperdunks got me kept away from them. Doesnt seem like enough support or stability for me too.

I gave the Vs a thought but when i tried them on they were so stiff and the zoom air was TOO responsive. I felt the court so much I dint feel any cushioning.

I am kinda leaning towards Lebron VI

Maybe it's just me, but when i wear my lebron 4's ( birthday/casual wear) I have them on for about anHOUR my DAMN toes start hurting..I can't get a size bigger cuz there gonna look like clown shoes...
grin.gif
..So imagine playin ball in them for 2-3 hours...
tired.gif

Lebron 6's: Is more comfortable, I wear'em and don't have any problems..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont have the 6s but i have the 4s and 5s.
The 4s are really tight at first. The more you wear them the more you get used to them. Great support, traction, durability. They are heavy tho
The 5s are much lighter in comparison, I have a .5 size bigger in the 5's and theyre lighter than my 4s. VERY comfortable, but it seems that there is
not AS much cushioning as the 4. But if you look at the bottoms of the 4s, theyre much higher off the ground than the 5s.
Not as much ankle support on the 5s, I think its due to the location of the strap on both shoes.
Sorry no help on the 6s

I'd go with the 4s... those are waaaaay better imo. But to actually play in I'd go with hyperdunks

But I was to choose...4s would be my choice

IVs are great, got 3 pair. I havent really balled in the VIs yet, they seem loose around the ankle but i tried them on with my ankle braces and they fit great,so i plan on trying them on the court pretty soon.

The Vs had great support, just not enough cushioning for me. The IVs and VIs are much better in that aspect.

@andfattoo: the VIs were loose at the ankle for me at first, but it was mainly because the glossy laces dint allow me to lace up tight. I went and bought newflat laces and after break the leather in a little, my VIs are now perfect.

Back
Top Bottom