Legit Check: Banned Air Jordan 1s (2017 Restock)

I bought a pair of Size 11 Air Jordan 2016 Banned 1s on eBay. The seller claimed he got it from a friend when Nike restocked the pair in 2017 (which is why the size tag has 2017 dates). The initial pictures I saw seemed fine. When I received them, they felt pretty genuine in terms of the leather and quality. However, I did some additional research using the sneakerfile link below. A couple things concerned me:

1. According to the sites I've seen, the Nike Air on the tongue is not supposed to have any space with the bottom of the tag. However the attached image there appears to be a noticeable gap. I understand some pairs may be like this, but it's still something that caught my attention.

2. The other issue that is a little more concerning is the character in the shoe insert. According to legit checks, the character and the arrow are supposed to be pushed outwards, but what I received they appear to be pushed inwards, which supposedly is a sign of a fake.

3. The other thing the video & website mentioned was that the cut of the stitching is supposed to straight towards the Nike Swoosh and go down to the midsole. However the image attached shows a noticeable space between the stitching and the swoosh. This could be a common thing on size 11 pairs, but another thing to point out.

4. Potentially just an issue more with the shoe itself, but the stitching on the Nike Swoosh seems raw. There looks like there's parts of it sticking out and not completely sewn in. As the link mentions this could be a problem.

5. This is also minor, but the video in the link says the wrapping paper in the box should be more of a brownish color. However I noticed the paper in the box to be a lighter color and very smooth.

Attachments

• IMG-5155.jpg
    IMG-5155.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-5157.jpg
    IMG-5157.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-5153.jpg
    IMG-5153.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-5150.jpg
    IMG-5150.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-5169.jpg
    IMG-5169.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-5138.jpg
    IMG-5138.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-5139.jpg
    IMG-5139.jpg
    451.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-5137 (1).jpg
    IMG-5137 (1).jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-5140.jpg
    IMG-5140.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-5167.jpg
    IMG-5167.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 18
Additional images if anyone can provide assistance
I bought a pair of Size 11 Air Jordan 2016 Banned 1s on eBay. The seller claimed he got it from a friend when Nike restocked the pair in 2017 (which is why the size tag has 2017 dates). The initial pictures I saw seemed fine. When I received them, they felt pretty genuine in terms of the leather and quality. However, I did some additional research using the sneakerfile link below. A couple things concerned me:

1. According to the sites I've seen, the Nike Air on the tongue is not supposed to have any space with the bottom of the tag. However the attached image there appears to be a noticeable gap. I understand some pairs may be like this, but it's still something that caught my attention.

2. The other issue that is a little more concerning is the character in the shoe insert. According to legit checks, the character and the arrow are supposed to be pushed outwards, but what I received they appear to be pushed inwards, which supposedly is a sign of a fake.

3. The other thing the video & website mentioned was that the cut of the stitching is supposed to straight towards the Nike Swoosh and go down to the midsole. However the image attached shows a noticeable space between the stitching and the swoosh. This could be a common thing on size 11 pairs, but another thing to point out.

4. Potentially just an issue more with the shoe itself, but the stitching on the Nike Swoosh seems raw. There looks like there's parts of it sticking out and not completely sewn in. As the link mentions this could be a problem.

5. This is also minor, but the video in the link says the wrapping paper in the box should be more of a brownish color. However I noticed the paper in the box to be a lighter color and very smooth.

Additional images if anyone can help

Attachments

• IMG-5168.jpg
    IMG-5168.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-5164.jpg
    IMG-5164.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-5166.jpg
    IMG-5166.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-5163.jpg
    IMG-5163.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-5162.jpg
    IMG-5162.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 17
They are fake, the story is a lie, Nike does not restock Jordan 1's by making another batch of the exact same style after its initial production.

The tongue tag can have a gap from Nike, typically they don't or they may have a small gap. It is not a tell of a fake, but it is a red flag. That shoe insert is wrong as you mentioned. Everything about the box label text is pretty much off in design and font. That leather does not look good. Tongue tag text font is off. The size tag should not have a 2017 production date, these were only made in 2016.

Yup, definitely fake and that story is a lie, unless his friend lied to him. Doesn’t really matter though. That box label is terrible. The EURO, UK and cm sizes are definitely the wrong font and one I’ve personally never seen fakes use until today. Typically they try to use a font a lot closer to the authentic labels or correct font that Nike uses. That is definitely the worst font choice I’ve seen on a J1 fake box label. Take a look for yourself and you’ll clearly see a huge difference with the letters and numbers. Time to hit up the seller and ask for a refund. Worst case PayPal will back you if eBay doesn’t provided the seller doesn’t comply. Let us know how it turns out.
16C7BCF6-845D-49A3-A04C-5593B5B336DB.jpeg
A3F24E07-C2BD-47EB-A6F6-9F9FC9B18DB6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom