Legit check for satin 1

03BEA9D6-61D0-45B1-804A-C2966F9FB4BC.jpeg
Hey guys, this is my first post on here and I hope someone can help me. I copped a pair of satin 1s and I’m looking them over and I’m having my doubts. The thing that threw me off the most is the big air Jordan logo. I’ve seen posts with the same logo and then others with a way smaller metal logo. I’ll upload pics and I hope you can help me. Thank you!

It only let me upload10 pics but once I removed the insole, the stitching inside was white.

Attachments

• 4E770889-6400-4A22-9BC5-66E2E77F3CB1.jpeg
    4E770889-6400-4A22-9BC5-66E2E77F3CB1.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 30
  • E9E3C810-661E-413B-B675-57CBEA411DA7.jpeg
    E9E3C810-661E-413B-B675-57CBEA411DA7.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 9205557F-CCFF-4C96-A691-6E0574F87F41.jpeg
    9205557F-CCFF-4C96-A691-6E0574F87F41.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 35
  • A160A8D4-DAD6-44C3-BD8F-9FAAE2BCF310.jpeg
    A160A8D4-DAD6-44C3-BD8F-9FAAE2BCF310.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 6DD450A0-E3E8-4D63-B860-31CC4E4EFCA1.jpeg
    6DD450A0-E3E8-4D63-B860-31CC4E4EFCA1.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DB064CCF-4740-49AB-AD80-F77CE6A30B4E.jpeg
    DB064CCF-4740-49AB-AD80-F77CE6A30B4E.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 35
  • BDA3EC51-87DE-4B70-869C-C83E9F573400.jpeg
    BDA3EC51-87DE-4B70-869C-C83E9F573400.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 40
  • E2A78B14-7DEF-4195-8571-B240AA66814F.jpeg
    E2A78B14-7DEF-4195-8571-B240AA66814F.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 41
  • E9A01ABB-E9A3-42FB-B368-BFE5BEA04321.jpeg
    E9A01ABB-E9A3-42FB-B368-BFE5BEA04321.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 40
Here are more pics.

Attachments

• EB3263F9-24F9-4D48-AFB5-0B03FDBBA250.jpeg
    EB3263F9-24F9-4D48-AFB5-0B03FDBBA250.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 506EE87A-C206-40C7-8627-5BD31C3C3E0B.jpeg
    506EE87A-C206-40C7-8627-5BD31C3C3E0B.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 160
03BEA9D6-61D0-45B1-804A-C2966F9FB4BC.jpeg
Hey guys, this is my first post on here and I hope someone can help me. I copped a pair of satin 1s and I’m looking them over and I’m having my doubts. The thing that threw me off the most is the big air Jordan logo. I’ve seen posts with the same logo and then others with a way smaller metal logo. I’ll upload pics and I hope you can help me. Thank you!

It only let me upload10 pics but once I removed the insole, the stitching inside was white.

I have a reason to believe these are fake. On the inner sole, the strings shouldn't be taped down (China factories would do this). Since these shoes were produced in Vietnam factories, the strings should have been glued down.

They are fake.
The font on the box label is wrong. The satin on your pair does not look right. The ankle area of the back of the shoe is to pointy. The stamp on the box does not look correct. The swoosh is a bit too thick. The loose laces should be glued down, as someone already mentioned.

Here is a retail pair in a size 9.5:

They are fake.
The font on the box label is wrong. The satin on your pair does not look right. The ankle area of the back of the shoe is to pointy. The stamp on the box does not look correct. The swoosh is a bit too thick. The loose laces should be glued down, as someone already mentioned.

Here is a retail pair in a size 9.5:

In order for me to not get got again, what would you guys recommend me doing? The guy I got these from included a receipt from Nike and all and the order number checked out. I know it could be easy to just replace the real ones with the fake ones but damn. It's disappointing, to say the least.

I have a reason to believe these are fake. On the inner sole, the strings shouldn't be taped down (China factories would do this). Since these shoes were produced in Vietnam factories, the strings should have been glued down.

Where should be they glued down so on the next pair I'm looking at, I can buy with confidence? I'm just shocked because they seemed legit and dude even included and showed me the receipt from nike. I just have to get better at this so it doesn't happen again.

I also scanned the QR codes on the box and the shoes and they came up and opened the Nike app but didn’t direct me anywhere. Is this an indicator that they’re real or since they didn’t bring up a shoe,is it just generic? Please let me know.

I already said they are fake, did you look at the retail pair I posted? The label is wrong it has an extra 0 (zero) that should not be there and compare the font, its off, that should be enough proof.
-Both fake pairs and retail pairs QR codes take you to Nike.
-The other person already explained. There is literally only one place that has tape on the shoe, instead of tape there should have been glue in that area.
-I recommend that you get your money back and buy from StockX or Goat.

I already said they are fake, did you look at the retail pair I posted? The label is wrong it has an extra 0 (zero) that should not be there and compare the font, its off, that should be enough proof.
-Both fake pairs and retail pairs QR codes take you to Nike.
-The other person already explained. There is literally only one place that has tape on the shoe, instead of tape there should have been glue in that area.
-I recommend that you get your money back and buy from StockX or Goat.

Dang dude, no need to be rude man. I was just asking, I’m new to this. I got them legit checked here in Miami by 3 different peiple and compared them to theirs as well and they’re literally the same, even with their foot locker receipt. I am returning them to get my money back but thanks for ur help anyways.

The point of my statement was not to be rude, it was to get you to look at what I wrote and to compare to the pair I posted, I guess it was not clear. I don’t want you just to take my word as fact, I could always be wrong, but I think there is clear evidence in the box label that you can see for yourself. If you did compare your pair to the pair I posted, then you should be seeing clear differences in the label, this should be enough proof to see that your pair is fake. By your statement it seems like you are still unsure.

The point of my statement was not to be rude, it was to get you to look at what I wrote and to compare to the pair I posted, I guess it was not clear. I don’t want you just to take my word as fact, I could always be wrong, but I think there is clear evidence in the box label that you can see for yourself. If you did compare your pair to the pair I posted, then you should be seeing clear differences in the label, this should be enough proof to see that your pair is fake. By your statement it seems like you are still unsure.

Yes, you are right. I am still very unsure. I was looking at the images on my phone and it was hard to tell man. I'm on my laptop now and will be going over it now that I'm home. I understand you saying to not take your word as fact. I called Nike today and they said fakes shouldn't be able to bring up the Nike app or website and since this was a launch and sold out, it wouldn't bring up the shoe regardless on the app since it is no longer available. I appreciate your opinion very much, don't think I do. I came on here asking for help. I am going to take it by the Nike store in Sunrise as I was told by Nike that they could do a much better check to authenticate it. For my sake, I hope they do turn out to be real but I do see your reason on the label. There's no reason for there to be a 0 next to the 41. If not, then I guess I'll take my L and try to find a legit pair.

Just checked them out and man, it's really hard to tell that these are fake other than the label on the box man. They legit look just like the ones in the link and pictures you posted. The thing that confuses me is that the receipt he included matches up and even Nike stated it was the right order number and the UPC codes all match. I even watched videos on fakes and these have the blue tint in the tongue while the fakes had it as grey or white. Would it be possible that the fakes would be this good?

This is similar to this thread https://niketalk.com/threads/lc-jordan-travis-scott.685178/

Here is your proof that Fake QR codes do the same thing, below is a QR code from a fake sneaker. These photos are straight from the middle man in china that sells these fake sneakers to others:

Open this in your laptop and scan it with your phone. You may need to go into imgur and zoom in to get the QR code to read on your phone, I had to do that. I already tried and it works the same way a real pair would.

As Timmy already stated in the other thread, The employees that work at Nike store are not experts, they are mostly all regular sales people that don't know the difference between a good fake and a real pair. If they are claiming to do be better at authentication, then that means that they authenticate shoes with the same standards that StockX and Goat have in place, which I really doubt. I feel like this would have been big news if Nike was claiming to authenticate sneakers for free. Nike has thousands of shoes, there is no way that they can train their employees to authenticate every sneaker they sell, and I doubt that they keep an extra pair of Satins in-store to authenticate a shoe side by side. I am assuming their authentication process may be just to check if the Box label scans and if the QR code scans. Maybe their in-store System has a way to check if a QR code is valid? I just know the QR code scans the same way on a phone. They may possibly have an RFID reader that scans the box and can provided a unique code to them which they can check in their system, who knows.

How did you contact Nike? did you just call you local store? or did a Nike Representative tell you what store to go to? If you have those conversations, can you post them?

If you do take them to Nike then, then do me a favor and don't tell them about any flaws I listed, like the label. Just watch how they authenticate and ask them questions about their processes and how they arrive at their conclusion, I am very curious as to what they actually do, If they do authenticate sneakers. This is the second time I heard about this, but I thought I would have heard about this from other sources by now, especially on NT.

This is similar to this thread https://niketalk.com/threads/lc-jordan-travis-scott.685178/

Here is your proof that Fake QR codes do the same thing, below is a QR code from a fake sneaker. These photos are straight from the middle man in china that sells these fake sneakers to others:

Open this in your laptop and scan it with your phone. You may need to go into imgur and zoom in to get the QR code to read on your phone, I had to do that. I already tried and it works the same way a real pair would.

As Timmy already stated in the other thread, The employees that work at Nike store are not experts, they are mostly all regular sales people that don't know the difference between a good fake and a real pair. If they are claiming to do be better at authentication, then that means that they authenticate shoes with the same standards that StockX and Goat have in place, which I really doubt. I feel like this would have been big news if Nike was claiming to authenticate sneakers for free. Nike has thousands of shoes, there is no way that they can train their employees to authenticate every sneaker they sell, and I doubt that they keep an extra pair of Satins in-store to authenticate a shoe side by side. I am assuming their authentication process may be just to check if the Box label scans and if the QR code scans. Maybe their in-store System has a way to check if a QR code is valid? I just know the QR code scans the same way on a phone. They may possibly have an RFID reader that scans the box and can provided a unique code to them which they can check in their system, who knows.

How did you contact Nike? did you just call you local store? or did a Nike Representative tell you what store to go to? If you have those conversations, can you post them?

If you do take them to Nike then, then do me a favor and don't tell them about any flaws I listed, like the label. Just watch how they authenticate and ask them questions about their processes and how they arrive at their conclusion, I am very curious as to what they actually do, If they do authenticate sneakers. This is the second time I heard about this, but I thought I would have heard about this from other sources by now, especially on NT.

Dang, you're right on that fake tag then. That's a shame man, I thought that was supposed to make it harder for fakes to make it through. Would it be hard or easy for the guy who sold me these to make a fake nike receipt and have the UPC codes and all that match? Nike confirmed that the order number and the UPC codes all match. In regards to your question, yes. I contacted Nike support, they then told me to call corporate and I did. They told me that if everything matches up, it is a legit pair but before I could ask more questions, they transferred somewhere else and I spoke to a lady named Ashley. She was very nice and helpful and she said they should be legit and to take them by the Nike store so they can help me in making sure they're legit. I don't have any transcripts since it was over the phone. I am not sure what they use but I did call the Sunrise store before I made that hour trip down there and they said the same that you did. They aren't trained in spotting fakes but they ran the order number and all and they said they think they're real as well since the UPC matches up on the shoe and the receipt/order. I know you are an expert at this so I am taking your opinion very seriously so I probably am just going to get my money back on these. The seller said he'd give me a full refund once he had them in his hand. Should I ship them back and wait or just file a dispute off rip after shipping them back?

UPC codes are not unique. They are the same code for all size 9.5 - (00)193145672628. The number underneath the bar code on the box label is the UPC code, the UPC code is also on the size tag, above the production date. Fakes will have already got the all the correct UPC codes for all sizes.

Now all the seller needs is an order number from a size 9.5 bought from Nike, so that the UPC code matchs the order number. This is actually pretty simple to do. This can be done through eBay, once people win the shoe on SNKRS they post their order number on the listing, I see this all the time. That is just one way to get a correct number, there are many ways to get a correct order number, its not the hardest thing to do. Nike can't do more to help you after that, they can't confirm that the order was placed by the seller you bought them from because then they would then be giving out private information.

What they should be doing is keeping track of the QR codes or the RFID of the box, these are unique codes that could be implemented to trace back into their systems.

Do NOT get scammed again, If you return the shoes, as he asked, then the seller may not return you the money. Do not ship them back. File a claim first. Let PayPal step in first (or eBay if you used them ), you should be able to get all your money back and not have to pay for shipping

UPC codes are not unique. They are the same code for all size 9.5 - (00)193145672628. The number underneath the bar code on the box label is the UPC code, the UPC code is also on the size tag, above the production date. Fakes will have already got the all the correct UPC codes for all sizes.

Now all the seller needs is an order number from a size 9.5 bought from Nike, so that the UPC code matchs the order number. This is actually pretty simple to do. This can be done through eBay, once people win the shoe on SNKRS they post their order number on the listing, I see this all the time. That is just one way to get a correct number, there are many ways to get a correct order number, its not the hardest thing to do. Nike can't do more to help you after that, they can't confirm that the order was placed by the seller you bought them from because then they would then be giving out private information.

What they should be doing is keeping track of the QR codes or the RFID of the box, these are unique codes that could be implemented to trace back into their systems.

Do NOT get scammed again, If you return the shoes, as he asked, then the seller may not return you the money. Do not ship them back. File a claim first. Let PayPal step in first (or eBay if you used them ), you should be able to get all your money back and not have to pay for shipping

Alright man, you sound right and like you know your stuff. The seller was responsive and he said he’d give me a full refund once he has them so I should just file a dispute first? That seems dickish but so does selling me fake shoes so yeah, I guess I should do that first.

Thank you guys so much for your help!

As I have already said before, file a claim first. You need PayPal to be a third party to make sure this transaction goes as planned. If you ship on your own, PayPal will have no solid evidence that you did ship them back or the reason for doing that. Getting PayPal involved let’s them facilitate this transaction easily and the of selling counterfeit goods will be kept in PayPal records for this seller. I haven’t done this process through PayPal, I have done it through eBay. Most likely they would need evidence which I have already provided, Then they most likely will provide you with a prepaid tracking label to send the shoes back, which they can track. After they are sent back then you will get all your money back.

As I have already said before, file a claim first. You need PayPal to be a third party to make sure this transaction goes as planned. If you ship on your own, PayPal will have no solid evidence that you did ship them back or the reason for doing that. Getting PayPal involved let’s them facilitate this transaction easily and the of selling counterfeit goods will be kept in PayPal records for this seller. I haven’t done this process through PayPal, I have done it through eBay. Most likely they would need evidence which I have already provided, Then they most likely will provide you with a prepaid tracking label to send the shoes back, which they can track. After they are sent back then you will get all your money back.

Thank you so much man. Your help has been priceless and much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom