legit check on 1992 cardinal 7s! Help me out fam!

Thanks so much Tim. By the way my charcoals just crumbled a few minutes ago you were right. I can't wait to get a sole swap done on them

These ogs are going to make me broke! I can't get over the quality difference. Thanks motivated!!

Thanks I know just hope I can get that swap done soon. I was told to use the midsole of Jordan true flights?!

Thanks I know just hope I can get that swap done soon. I was told to use the midsole of Jordan true flights?!
they prob said that bc a pair of true flights would be cheaper to find..Its pretty much the same sole but I would look for a recent 7 to swap with if possible. Hurts my feelings to see them in that shape..lol

Yeah, agree with Timmy ...an actual pair of 7s will be 100 times better if you're determined to sole swap. They will fit better and look more on point as well.

Aside from the triangles, the sole & midsole on the True Flights are totally different.

Unfortunately if you're only collecting OGs and you plan on wearing them, you're gonna have to do a lot of restoration work nowadays, virtually all OGs through to the XIVs are likely to need a bit of repair here and there.

It's only really the Is and Xs you can be pretty sure of just wearing straight away without hassle.

II-IXs are straight crumble city

XIs and XIIs aren't too bad but will likely need the soles re-gluing (plastic tab on the XIIs will inevitably crack)

XIIIs and XIVs will have separation around the toebox

Good luck though bro ...if you do restore those VIIs, post some pics for us :smile:

Last edited:
Thanks fam! And yes I never had an issue with my powder blue 10s I regret selling but hey they are releasing again in February. I won't be purchasing though because I'm not a fan of new releases. Anyways my worry is with a retro of the 7s is there any difference in the size of the midsole. I found a pair of raptors so it will be perfect. Same size and all. Should the swap be clean without any issues?

No they'll never fit exactly, there's always gonna be discrepancies between shoes with different molds, but at least the 7s will be closer.

Back
Top Bottom