Leonardo DiCaprio's résumé.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Matt Damon should definitely get some appreciation as well.
grin.gif
 Damon is great, but not in the same breathe as DiCaprio. If we're gonna throw in Damon...we might as well throw in Brad Pitt too. He's up there with Damon imo.
Depp > Dicaprio.............. >Everyone else.

And i give it to Depp by just a small notch because of how diverse he is, but they are both amazing actors. 
pimp.gif

Day Lewis is usually considered the greatest actor of this era, or held in the top 3 at least.

I'd throw it like this...

Crowe
DiCaprio
Penn
Hanks (he's made some greats but IMO often plays the same thing)
Washington
Depp
De Niro
Ford (a personal favorite)

Day Lewis is usually considered the greatest actor of this era, or held in the top 3 at least.

I'd throw it like this...

Crowe
DiCaprio
Penn
Hanks (he's made some greats but IMO often plays the same thing)
Washington
Depp
De Niro
Ford (a personal favorite)

The only knock I have against Leo is that he cannot alter his accent for crap. He always sounds the same no matter what his role is. Even in Blood Diamond his voice was more or less the same as every other movie he's been in.

The only knock I have against Leo is that he cannot alter his accent for crap. He always sounds the same no matter what his role is. Even in Blood Diamond his voice was more or less the same as every other movie he's been in.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Yeah, he has a pretty distinct voice.

He also has a certain quality to his speech where it always seems like he's doing some theater performance instead of modern film acting. Kind of like 1930-40s style of acting. Anyone else notice that or am I just reaching?

He also has a certain quality to his speech where it always seems like he's doing some theater performance instead of modern film acting. Kind of like 1930-40s style of acting. Anyone else notice that or am I just reaching?

DiCaprio is definitely gettin it in, hes on pace to being a great

in no order potential greats that are still workin,

jack nicholson
daniel day lewis
tom hanks
russell crowe
penn
meryl streep (cant believe she got no love on here)
Johnny Depp
De Niro
Ford
al pacino
Gene Hackman
Kevin Spacey
Dustin Hoffman
clooney
brad pitt
will smith
mat damon
Kate Winslet
hopkins

but if were talking about resumes in film period, my hat goes to clint eastwood

DiCaprio is definitely gettin it in, hes on pace to being a great

in no order potential greats that are still workin,

jack nicholson
daniel day lewis
tom hanks
russell crowe
penn
meryl streep (cant believe she got no love on here)
Johnny Depp
De Niro
Ford
al pacino
Gene Hackman
Kevin Spacey
Dustin Hoffman
clooney
brad pitt
will smith
mat damon
Kate Winslet
hopkins

but if were talking about resumes in film period, my hat goes to clint eastwood

I've been saying this for quite some time. DiCaprio is the man. Def my favorite actor for the last few years.

Doesn't hurt that he's the 'to go guy' for the greatest director ever.

I've been saying this for quite some time. DiCaprio is the man. Def my favorite actor for the last few years.

Doesn't hurt that he's the 'to go guy' for the greatest director ever.

Leo can do no wrong at this point. His resume is flawless and he's only 35.

Greatest living actors IMO are

Deniro
Streep
Day Lewis
Pacino
Depp
Nicholson
Freeman
Dicaprio
Washington
Winslet
Blanchett
Penn
Pitt
Smith
Gosling

Leo can do no wrong at this point. His resume is flawless and he's only 35.

Greatest living actors IMO are

Deniro
Streep
Day Lewis
Pacino
Depp
Nicholson
Freeman
Dicaprio
Washington
Winslet
Blanchett
Penn
Pitt
Smith
Gosling

It's true for sure, his voice does seem the damn same all the time. It's weird though because it doesn't mess with the performance at all, it's just great.

Leo def one of my favorite actors. I don't mind Daniel Day Lewis at all, but his movies just aren't my thing. I respect There Will Be Blood but it's not a movie that gives me great replay value. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing I guess. Why DOESN'T he do more movies?

It's true for sure, his voice does seem the damn same all the time. It's weird though because it doesn't mess with the performance at all, it's just great.

Leo def one of my favorite actors. I don't mind Daniel Day Lewis at all, but his movies just aren't my thing. I respect There Will Be Blood but it's not a movie that gives me great replay value. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing I guess. Why DOESN'T he do more movies?

Day-Lewis is highly selective because he is a method actor and it takes him a long time to prepare for a role and he sometimes has trouble leaving the character once the filming ends. I've also read he doesn't like being away from his family so that's another factor.

Day-Lewis is highly selective because he is a method actor and it takes him a long time to prepare for a role and he sometimes has trouble leaving the character once the filming ends. I've also read he doesn't like being away from his family so that's another factor.

Leo's the man. He works with best director(s) in the world. He has the best resume of dames in the world, and manages to do it all out of the public eye.

Leo's the man. He works with best director(s) in the world. He has the best resume of dames in the world, and manages to do it all out of the public eye.

Back
Top Bottom