Let’s Talk about L.A? Locals Chime In...

NT fam what’s good...moving to LA top of the year. What do I need to know about the city? Things to do? Places to hang out? Food? Locals chime in as well would like to get an idea what I’m looking forward to. Also if it helps I’ll be traveling and doing a lot of photography based in LA...

NYC guy here, LA is on the to-visit list -- here's my Yelp bookmark list:

FOOD
Howlin Ray's
Marugame Monzo
Republique
Leo's Tacos
Mariscos Jalisco
Tacos y Birria La Unica
Bavel
Crossroads
Dino's Chicken
Papa Cristos
Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong

COFFEE
Tilt Coffee
Installation Coffee
No Ghost Bears

https://niketalk.com/threads/los-angeles-things-to-do.591468/

Arts District and West LA-SaMo area is where you want to be. The rest of the LA is unfortunately a tent city occupied by crackheads, homeless, junkies etc..
You do know that the Arts District is next to skid row :lol: and the junkies sometimes wonder into the arts district. there are a lot of nicer quiet places. I enjoy Los Feliz, Koreatown, and some places in Mid-City. LA has something to offer for everyone, so that is an upside.

Ehh.. OP forget about all those trendy places are that are full of tourist, high prices no parking and traffic.

Long Beach is were its at :pimp:
Everything I need down here and when I wanna go to DTLA for a Lakers game i just hop on the Metro and its 35min and you dont have to worry about the traffic and paying for parking.
Plenty of things to do, lots of diverse places to eat and you can even hop over the bridge to San Pedro for more spots.

you should definitely hit up venice beach. santa monica is more quiet and peaceful. if you want to get into some things, venice nextdoor.

Yeah I guess since I’ll be living there I could always check next door. I’ve been to Venice a few times trying to see what else is out there...where are good places for night life, honeys etc

You will be surrounded by tech employees, tourists, and locals and it’s kinda weird and kinda cool

Tourism peak times are super annoying

Traffic sucks everywhere during any commute times

The best thing though is just be you here, everyone else is

Thanks bro!!

Old Pasadena- so awesome. Ton of bars and lounges, girls get ratchet.
Downtown Fullerton- great vibe as well a lot of bars lounges. Get the CSUF biddies
Hollywood. Good bars and clubs.
Long Beach is great as mentioned, ton of breweries
Burbank- few lounges cool yo walk around

Downtown Fullerton- great vibe as well a lot of bars lounges. Get the CSUF biddies

CSUF?

94D0B746-4C24-4244-AB38-143E24860C96.jpeg

[QU
OTE="Ube, post: 32254030, member: 40812"]Cal state Fullerton- local college in orange county[/QUOTE]

Fullerton was poppin back in the day. Would go there pretty often when I was going to Dominguez.

Females up there were nice.

youre gonna be in santa monica, u shouldnt have any problem finding anything to do

I lived in Santa Monica for 3 years.

Lots of shops, restaurants, and bars at 3rd Street Promenade.

Father's Office - amazing burgers and beers

Cha Cha Chicken - Caribbean food

If you want some Asian food, hit up Sawtelle Japantown, lots of Asian food options. Tsujita for ramen and ROC for soup dumplings.

Back
Top Bottom