Let’s talk about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some Old heads are complicated lol.they bash on Jordan collabs or any new Silhouette, but they support any trash that Jordan brand has been releasing for the past years‍.

It just boils down to respect for MJ's legacy to some OG's in the culture. The younger crowd never watched MJ play and have no connection to him, Jordan brand is aware of this so they try to bridge the age gap with collaborations with relevant artist, niche colorways and stories to get the youth's attention. Personally the only thing that makes me want to cop is a dope colorway all the extra marketing doesn't mean anything to me.

It just boils down to respect for MJ's legacy to some OG's in the culture. The younger crowd never watched MJ play and have no connection to him, Jordan brand is aware of this so they try to bridge the age gap with collaborations with relevant artist, niche colorways and stories to get the youth's attention. Personally the only thing that makes me want to cop is a dope colorway all the extra marketing doesn't mean anything to me.
Yep I’m the same if a new color way it’s dope I’m copping. And I understand what you mean by the OGs respecting MJ legacy and all that. But let’s be real after MJ completely left the nba, he’s shoes became ***. Thank god for them constantly doing retros and new colorways for the OG shoes.

While new heads trash pretty much everything while offering little they could do better.

That’s because the brand is washed, in terms of making fashionable new models that have any kind of casual appeal. Back in the day, you could casually wear Js because they used nicer materials on the upper like leather. Newer models are dominated by cheap synthetic materials that look terrible with jeans and other non-athletic clothes.

I do not agree with the above statement. Yes, the materials are trash because they are synthetic and over priced to boot, but very few of them actually look fake.

Im not a fan of collabs. For a couple reasons. They take an original design and plaster extra pieces, zip ties, stitching and branding randomly on a shoe and it gets credit for great art. When the art is in the original design itself. They JB, intentionally limits them because for one, they would never sell out in GR numbers. And for two,because they want the shoe to have more of an appeal. Which to a lot unfortunately only think a shoe is worth their time if they think its exclusive.
To older guys we really never cared about much of that. It was just about the shoe and how much YOU wanted it. Now its about how much EVERYONE ELSE wants it. As far as newer models go, I like lots of newer stuff. I dont buy much though. But still do appreciate a new quality designed shoe. I couldnt be a shoe designer today. Everything damn near has been done and thought about. Thats why you always can have a new shoe that can be compared to a past model in some way. Sneaker designers are always trying to come up with the first ever something. Sometimes that leads into doing too much though. End of the day it just comes down to personal opinion.

Jordan Brand isn't doing a great job in keeping his legacy alive with the young folks like they did in the early 2000’s. example: Bred 4’s release, instead of educating the young heads on what mj accomplished wearing those sneakers and what it meant to pop culture they rather make references to actual bread. That’s just one release out of the thousands of botched opportunities in securing his dominance for years to come instead jb would rather want the kids to remember him as the MJ crying face. Old heads are passionate because we grew up with these colorways and models that aren’t getting the proper roll-outs it rightfully deserves. If JB told stories with every shoe like they did on SBB 1.0 we’d be having a totally different discussion

Which to a lot unfortunately only think a shoe is worth their time if they think its exclusive.
To older guys we really never cared about much of that. It was just about the shoe and how much YOU wanted it. Now its about how much EVERYONE ELSE wants it.
This!! That is all. “Older” heads always just wanted dope colorways. It was never about being limited or COST. Just bc something cost a lot doesn’t make it fly.

JB is doing just fine, look at FY numbers for the last 20 years. They are legitimately printing money

JB is doing just fine, look at FY numbers for the last 20 years. They are legitimately printing money
Without question they are. They do know what they are doing. Regardless of what we all think at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom