Lets get a tips, tricks & steps 2 help Produce STICKY PL

Originally Posted by TW3EK

stuntastic what do u do? i see u popped up and got some knowledge... u producer, rap, engineer, or what?

laugh.gif
Right. Out of nowhere.
Welcome
pimp.gif

I think I'm just going to stick with the headphones because I'ma be rooming with some people (probably temporarily) and it probly wouldn't be agood idea to be producing on monitors in that situation.

They were from a pawn shop anyway and they didn't know how many hours were on the monitors so **Thumbs down

nah dont trust pawnshops on audio equipent... electronics period... i dunno... maybe im noided... id rather mess wit craigslist, ebay, or backpage,,,

Originally Posted by TW3EK

nah dont trust pawnshops on audio equipent... electronics period... i dunno... maybe im noided... id rather mess wit craigslist, ebay, or backpage,,,

Don't really trust none of them. But this was one of those ebay pawn shop sellers

a sound module is nothin but a keyboard say a motif but with no keys... it comes in the rack format so u can just screw it in and midi it up to a controller orkeyboard... #%+! is only for producers... if u just lookin to record vocals u don't need it...

lol nah... thanks...

i use reason 4... and a midi controller... hardware is waaaaaaaaaaay outta my "budget"... Honestly everyone is moving to software for production...even dre uses VSTs... nitti uses reason... dj khalil too... alot of cats... i heard timbo uses it from time to time... and we ALL know polow uses garage bandsometimes
laugh.gif

yeah hardware is mad expensive but ive been using fl studios and im a bit tired of using the qwerty keyboard

get reason and a midi controller... $175 total (reason 4 and 30 gigs of refills from ya boy for $75 and a midi controller for $100)...

and if u dont know exactly what a midi controller is its just a keyboard with no sounds that lets u control the sounds in programs and other midi devices...

i use the m audio keyrig 49e

yea... they got usb turntables now... i think they run bout $100... u can pretty much get usb anything...
laugh.gif

the next generation gone %!!* around and have usb as wall outlets... whole house one big computer and %+!%... no regular plugs... just usb and for the richfolks... firewire
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ usb outlets (<< firewire outlets)

If you got the money and a good controller (along with analog to digital interface) I would recommend a sound module. Some of them can be had for very cheap onebay (cheap as in 300...but your getting 3000 dollar sounds...)

Research the old analog synthesizers racks. Roland, Korg etc....

sonicsynth.com

synthopia.com

are good reference sites. Most keyboards have twin brother rack modules....

aight i just got my hands on Reason, i'll probably google it myself anyway, but...what's the best reason tutorial out there online? (of course,that's free)

good looks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BlackBenz

Akai XR20 yay or nay?

�hell nay...
laugh.gif

u definetly dont wanna do that... hardware = overrated... look at this punk +%@ machine

ud b gettin laughed at... FL users would prolly laugh at u... if u want some pags THAT bad get an mpd along wit a midi controller... hook em up to reason andgo at it... but that thing right there is a waste of money...

microkorg is a synth isnt it? if u dont have any other hardware i wouldnt suggest it... cop and mpd if u want some added fun... lol...

what u usin that keyrig with? get @ me on aim (cornrobcun)... i find it easier to help people in real time
laugh.gif

microkorg is a mini synth - comes with great sounds...but i wouldnt recommend it as #1 your first purchase and #2 your only midi keyboard...Dont just jump inthe game and not understand what your getting yourself into, do your research and test out products before you make a silly mistake

Ask yourself what you want to do...then go from there

Originally Posted by BlackBenz

ok so what is a midid controller actually

480463.jpg

that thing has no sounds in it... it will control whatever sounds/knobs/buttons u have in whatever midi capable program/device u hook it up to... u can alsoget pads that resemble an mpc... all of these hook up via midi out or usb cable...

Back
Top Bottom