Let's make everything about RACE (Unapologetically Black Thread)

1611337830741.png

I've never seen the word "alleged" used more than when a white person is the suspect of a crime...especially when race is involved:

"Moments after having an argument over an alleged road rage incident on Upland Road in Belmont, a Hudson man allegedly shouted a racial slur at the other man involved.

That man, Dean Kapsalis, 54, then allegedly drove at the victim, identified as 35-year-old Henry Tapia, a Black man from Boston, with his Dodge Dakota pickup truck, and hit and dragged him briefly before fleeing the scene, according to Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan in a press conference Wednesday evening"

never knew arsenio had to handle a situation like that.

that was just out of line on the part of those two rogues.

yes he’s a Tom uncle mf but his views on intellectuals and their role in government peaked my interest. It’s tiring watching white liberals using race to push their political agenda and line their pockets

yes he’s a Tom uncle mf but his views on intellectuals and their role in government peaked my interest. It’s tiring watching white liberals using race to push their political agenda and line their pockets
I agree with you on liberals.

1611683202904.png

From Birmingham, Ala., Angel Yvonne Davis lived in a section of town called “Dynamite Hill,” because of the violence used by white on Black to maintain residential segregation. Both of her parents were educators, working with the local NAACP, and instilling in their children not to accept the social oppression that American society gave black people.

When she was 15, Davis left Birmingham to attend the Elizabeth Irwin School in New York City. Davis also attended Brandies University, where Marxist philosophy influenced her. After graduating in 1961, she was further impacted as a social activist by the bomb killing of four black Sunday school girls in Birmingham in 1963. Davis began her doctoral studies in philosophy at the Johann Wolfgang von Goethe University in Frankfurt, Germany, but returned to the United States in 1967, when she decided that she could no longer stay away from the growing American racial conflict.
Davis relocated to southern California to work on her master degree at the University of San Diego; it was during this time that she became involved with the Student Non-violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), the Black Panthers, and the Communist Party. Though hired in 1969 to teach philosophy at UCLA, Davis was fired soon afterwards by their board of regents and then-governor Ronald Reagan for her affiliation with the Communist Party.

Though her case was appealed and overturned by the Supreme Court, by that time she was in hiding because of an incident at Soledad Prison. In August 1970, George Jackson and his brother Jonathan, prisoners at Soledad attempted to escape and were killed; the weapons were traced to Davis. For two months while underground, she was on the FBI ten most wanted lists. After apprehension she was jailed for almost a year and a half before being tried for murder and conspiracy. In June 1972, Davis was acquitted of both charges in a highly publicized trial.
She remained politically active while resuming her academic career at San Francisco State University. Davis also ran for Vice President in 1980 and 1984 on the Communist Party ticket. As a professor and author, she has written several books. They include, If They Come in the Morning 1971, Women, Race, and Class 1983, and Women, Culture, and Politics 1989. Her autobiography, Angela Davis: An Autobiography was published in 1974 and reissued in 1988.

Below is the letter Frederick Douglass wrote to Harriet Tubman:

Dear Harriet: I am glad to know that the story of your eventful life has been written by a kind lady, and that the same is soon to be published. You ask for what you do not need when you call upon me for a word of commendation. I need such words from you far more than you can need them from me, especially where your superior labors and devotion to the cause of the lately enslaved of our land are known as I know them. The difference between us is very marked. Most that I have done and suffered in the service of our cause has been in public, and I have received much encouragement at every step of the way. You, on the other hand, have labored in a private way. I have wrought in the day – you in the night. I have had the applause of the crowd and the satisfaction that comes of being approved by the multitude, while the most that you have done has been witnessed by a few trembling, scarred, and foot-sore bondmen and women, whom you have led out of the house of bondage, and whose heartfelt, “God bless you,” has been your only reward. The midnight sky and the silent stars have been the witnesses of your devotion to freedom and of your heroism. Excepting John Brown – of sacred memory – I know of no one who has willingly encountered more perils and hardships to serve our enslaved people than you have. Much that you have done would seem improbable to those who do not know you as I know you. It is to me a great pleasure and a great privilege to bear testimony for your character and your works, and to say to those to whom you may come, that I regard you in every way truthful and trustworthy.

Your friend,

Frederick Douglass

Liz Garbus and Jonathan Stack co-directed this documentary, which explores life behind the bars of Louisiana's notorious maximum-security prison, Angola. Stationed on an old slave plantation, Angola is populated overwhelmingly by black inmates, and staffed by a white administration. The stories of various inmates convey the injustice and futility but also the hope that is part of prison life. A prisoner puts forth exonerating evidence to the parole board, and another speaks prior to execution.

Back
Top Bottom