Lg enV vs. Samsung U740

So my chocolate just broke for the hundreth time and now i'm looking into either getting an Lg enV or a Samsung U740. Which phone would you considerbetter? What are their pros and cons? And i also text a lot. Much help would be appreciated

Lg enV
vzw_env.jpg

Samsung U740
U740.jpg

I have heard wonderful things about the EnV. I think the concept for the U740 is pretty cool and unique, though.

dunno bout the other phone but i love the env... great for txt- great camera- great speakers...
r u not interested in the voyager?

the enV is great if you text alot. the phone is built like a tank, you would really have to try hard to break it. like said above, great camera, greatspeakers, video quality is eh but its a phone not a camcorder

get enV

my sister had the u740 but then got rid of it and got the new TV phone

and i have enV and i havent changed the phone for like 4 years

its awesome

They're basically the same phone.. but I have a U740 so go with that!

The Samsung is a PIECE .. I gave up my enV for a Treo, worst mistake I ever made. Go with the env.

if u have big hands dont get the u740 the buttons are small as hell. pros of the u740 is that its smaller than the env

Originally Posted by Ghettokrnxxx

get enV

its awesome

the enV has been out for this long?

Originally Posted by wohcttank

the enV is great if you text alot. the phone is built like a tank, you would really have to try hard to break it. like said above, great camera, great speakers, video quality is eh but its a phone not a camcorder

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pretty much.

Originally Posted by Dom90

Originally Posted by Ghettokrnxxx

get enV

its awesome

the enV has been out for this long?

no hes babling.

Originally Posted by wohcttank

the enV is great if you text alot. the phone is built like a tank, you would really have to try hard to break it. like said above, great camera, great speakers, video quality is eh but its a phone not a camcorder

I love my enV. I text pretty much all day long, and the keypad isn't too small to use like on some of the smartphones. I use it without a case andI've dropped it from high altitudes many times without it breaking (knocks on wood).

got an enV.... but contrary to someone else on this thread.. i traded in my treo and that was the mistake.. i loved the intuitivetyping and keyboard layout, and scheduling capabilities of the treo.. but i digress

enV + verizon's enV multimedia pack/cable+ bitpim + audacity + lameMP3 = all you need.
for those who don't know.. the last 3 programs enable you to "hack" the enV and add your own ringtones/wallpapers among other things.

**edit: I believe the enV has only been around for 2+ years.. don't think it's been 4 as previously stated by someone on this thread.

I have the U740 and love it. the only complaint I have is the smallness when texting. Like someone said, if you have big hands or long fingers then go w/ theenV. I personally love my phone though.

Originally Posted by offbad

got an enV.... but contrary to someone else on this thread.. i traded in my treo and that was the mistake.. i loved the intuitive typing and keyboard layout, and scheduling capabilities of the treo.. but i digress

enV + verizon's enV multimedia pack/cable+ bitpim + audacity + lameMP3 = all you need.
for those who don't know.. the last 3 programs enable you to "hack" the enV and add your own ringtones/wallpapers among other things.

**edit: I believe the enV has only been around for 2+ years.. don't think it's been 4 as previously stated by someone on this thread.

hacking it? anymore info?

i have this phone too, but i have no texting
ohwell.gif
so my phone is boring......

I have a black u740 and that was the best phone I had on VZW. I've since moved on to Sprint (via SERO, ftw!!) and a treo and I'm happy.
I need to sell my sch-u740 now, its only collecting dust and I doubt I'll go back to VZW.

u740 is awesome. i haven't used the enV, but the u740 is really reliable and is great for texting once you get used to it. i have big hands and i do alotof extreme sports and it hasn't broken yet. i'd get it because it's so much thinner

dude that said 4yrs prolly means that he has the v, the model before the enV. anyway, i have the enV its sturdy, and whatnot, mine survived a toilet swim. umbut like posted above, why not check out that voyager, its basically the enV with the touch screen outside.

Back
Top Bottom