Lil' Wayne - Carter 3 (Official Thread) Officially A Millie

Originally Posted by Slaptastic

This CD is 100% overrated.

Overrated? Have you looked at ANY of the posts in this thread?
roll.gif

My opinion on the album, i was a Wayne fan since his SQ mixtapes before most knew he was somewhat of a beast.

Coming up to TC3 i really had no hopes of this album being nearly as good as many thought it would be, Wayne had been spitting the most nonsensical lines everytime i heard him, i think it was burnout on his part because he releases so much music. TC3 seems to have more focus lyrically, not as random as his mixtapesbut as a whole the album really doesn't seem to have much of a direction, there's substance but its drowned out in randomness. The production is goodas most would expect, lyrics are okay... most Lil Wayne fans will be pleased but for someone that was already critical of Wayne this is just gonna give themmore ammo to be critical basically the people that don't see the hype about Lil Wayne probably won't appreciate the album but Lil Wayne stans will.

I will say for the supposed best rapper alive, he got outshined by damn near EVER guest rapper, Jay outshined him on Mr. Carter, Fab & Elz got him on YouAin't Got Nothin, Busta got him on La La and im pretty sure if he had Bun B or Andre3000 cameo's it would be the same result.

Overall its an okay album imo probably give a 3/5 3.5 at most, definitely can't play this joint all the way through, replay factor is no where near theprevious 2 Carter albums atleast imo. Can't say i'm disappointed in the album because i didn't have high expectations that many had, his die hardfans really thought he'd drop a classic, I thought otherwise.

Fav tracks
Let The Beat Build
A Millie
Mr. Carter
You Ain' Got Nothin
Comfortable
Shoot Me Down

man somebody please listen to La La with a car system cause this song goes hard wit the subs beating its turning into one of my favorite track

I swear some of yall go out ya way to hate on dude.

The CD aint the best ever, but its FAR from garbage.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

but theres a difference between sasha and wayne ... sasha never looks like kobe or jordan, wayne can rap as good as pac biigie jay-z etc..... on some occasions ... so your idea of the analogy doesnt make much sense ... blazin had the right idea

HWAT?!!

Dudes trip me out with that, like another dude can't be as good as Pac, Big, or Jay. More times than not, I feel Pac and Big get a lot of passesbecause they're dead. The man didn't say Wayne is better than any of them, but to say that he hasn't spit a verse or made a song as good as Pac,Big, Jay, etc. isn't farfetched at all. And that goes for a few other rappers as well. You acted like he said he took over the throne, not so.

This CD sucks. I honestly though it was gonna be good and kept trying to like it, but the only stuff I do like is the songs I heard before the album leaked.
Lil Wayne is never gonna again reach to the level he was on around Drought 3.

Cd is cool, alot of people seem to hate it just cause its wayne. you cannot satisfy everyone. its def. not a classic but is got some good stuff. if we look atthe type of music that has been coming out lately is it really that much worse? to me, its not but hey to each his own. Not a classic and not a disaster.

Also to who ever said he can rap as good as Biggie or Jay or any one else in that catergory please point me in that direction so i can enjoy those tunes. nohate but i dont think i have ever heard wayne and then said that was as good as jay or nas or big......

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

My opinion on the album, i was a Wayne fan since his SQ mixtapes before most knew he was somewhat of a beast.

Coming up to TC3 i really had no hopes of this album being nearly as good as many thought it would be, Wayne had been spitting the most nonsensical lines every time i heard him, i think it was burnout on his part because he releases so much music. TC3 seems to have more focus lyrically, not as random as his mixtapes but as a whole the album really doesn't seem to have much of a direction, there's substance but its drowned out in randomness. The production is good as most would expect, lyrics are okay... most Lil Wayne fans will be pleased but for someone that was already critical of Wayne this is just gonna give them more ammo to be critical basically the people that don't see the hype about Lil Wayne probably won't appreciate the album but Lil Wayne stans will.

I will say for the supposed best rapper alive, he got outshined by damn near EVER guest rapper, Jay outshined him on Mr. Carter, Fab & Elz got him on You Ain't Got Nothin, Busta got him on La La and im pretty sure if he had Bun B or Andre3000 cameo's it would be the same result.

Overall its an okay album imo probably give a 3/5 3.5 at most, definitely can't play this joint all the way through, replay factor is no where near the previous 2 Carter albums atleast imo. Can't say i'm disappointed in the album because i didn't have high expectations that many had, his die hard fans really thought he'd drop a classic, I thought otherwise.

Fav tracks
Let The Beat Build
A Millie
Mr. Carter
You Ain' Got Nothin
Comfortable
Shoot Me Down
Good analysis, but I beg to differ that Wayne got outshined by Jay on Mr. Carter.

They both came with flames.

Wayne ripped it each verse, IMO.

I'll agree though Fab outshined him.

agreed. not fire, but its dope enough. wasnt expecting that much but some tracks were dope. mr. carter, a millie, you aint got nothing (fab was sick wit it)and shoot me down. i got over the nonsense that wayne is lyrical. dudes just plain not. i like him cuz his flow and emotion. lol he sound like he stressin sobad in shoot me down tryin to get people to understand whats goin on in his codeined up head of his. 4-5 songs are memorable, rest are wateves in my opinion

I'll agree though Fab outshined him.
Juelz outshined them both.

haven't y'all heard?
y'all all herbs
i'll stick toothpicks...in y'all horsdeouvres

this dude seriously just rhymed "horsdeouvres". AYE!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by nightruans

Originally Posted by CarlMonday

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

T.I. - "No Matter What" > The Carter Tres

/thread

indifferent.gif
lies
denial.

*peeps avy*

smh.gif
laugh.gif
No denial, and I think No Matter What is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, but Mr. Carter= No Matter What.

What is Wayne puttin in ya'lls drinks?
roll.gif
"Even whenwinning's illogical, losing's still far from optional" > everything Wayne said on that track.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Juelz outshined them both.

haven't y'all heard?
y'all all herbs
i'll stick toothpicks...in y'all horsdeouvres

this dude seriously just rhymed "horsdeouvres". AYE!
pimp.gif
And you sloppy like seconds
Obey me like peasants
Or get opened up like presents
PLEASE
My young boys wildin' for respect
Slit your throat, have you smilin' with your neck
SAY CHEESE

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Okay im not a wayne fan...until recently...i never listend 2 c1 or c2....downloaded carter 3....and i really like the cd...

3 peat is a good song for the car
dr.carter wayne and jayz did there thing....
tie my hands is hands down one of the best songs in the cd....the mood is perfect.../
shootme down sounds like a shoot out in the country days....love it
comfortable is good
let the beat build is sick...production wise...dont really get what he is saying....

anyways most the songs in the cd r great! except lala and mrs.officer i can listen 2 any of these songs....good cd wayne.

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

It might be cool to route for Juelz, but no way in the world he had a better verse than Fab on this.

Only reason I like Elz more on it is because Fab's verse is "so old it's growing white hairs."

Back
Top Bottom