List some "positive" rap songs, minimal swearing, positive message

For lack of a better word, but you know what I mean, just songs that have a message that generally extends beyond guns, drugs, jewels, and @*%!*#%. Imagine youhave a conservative mother whos ears are easily offended, list some songs you could play while giving her a ride to the drug store. I'm having a brain fartbut so far I have Nas- I Can, Big- Skys The Limit, R Kelly- You Saved Me, and I know 2Pac has a few and the backpack rappers. I'd prefer ones with videos,because I'm going to be Youtubing all day at work Saturday

go listen to Mos Def and Talib Kweli are BlackStar and go to town with the rest of there stuff...

Ghostface - All That I Got Is You

Some of the realest $@* EVER written��
pimp.gif

ghostface-all that i got is you is a sickkkk song
other upliftin i think r pretty good
gym class-beautiful day
atmosphere- sunshine

i never heard that song by ghostface great song but kanye west-hey mama and dmx- i miss you and pacs got alot of positive songs as well but if your intor&b check out some songs by lauren hill very soulful

hmmmmmmm let me ponder..........

Alright-Freeway
Everything I Am- Kanye West
Retrospect For Life- Common
every song on BE-Common
Good Life-Blu
Sister-Rhymefest
When Everything Is New-Little Brother
Freedom Of Preach-Ludacris
Sky's The Limit-Biggie
All That I Got Is You-Ghostface

laugh.gif
at Sky's The Limit being a positive song. You have got to bekidding me. You have to be. No disrespect to B.I.G., I like the song and all but that song is not positive. He is talking about robbin' fools, sockin'dudes in the mouth, blowing people's brains out, and a lot of other stuff.
laugh.gif

Go listen to all of Mos Def and Talib Kweli's stuff, all of it, ALL OF IT, and go from there thats all you really need though, then go to Asheru and BlueBlack, then go listen to Blu & Exile

Back
Top Bottom