LL Cool J appreciation Post Vol. A TRUE LEGEND

To some, a pioneer.
To many, a top 20 all time rapper.
To all, a permanent fixture in hiphop culture.

Give credit where credit is due! This dude is a true legend (WHICH MEANS HE HAD SKILL)
He would win battles, woo the ladies, and make strong albums for both genders to appreciate

Now the videos
pimp.gif

LL Cool J - Goin Back To Cali
Uploaded by hushhush112

and lets not forget that he was one of the first rappers to do MTV unplugged

Anyone who doesn't consider this dude a legend is either A.) too young, B.) not really into hip-hop like that or C.) an idiot.

Of course he's a legend, but dude should've stopped in 96 or whenever Mr. Smith dropped.

I don't know why, but whenever I hear "Around the Way Girl" I think of how I used to try to get girls by giving them candy in fifth grade.
laugh.gif

if being a Legend also includes withstanding the face of time, then naaa

but if being a legend is defined by what you did in your prime =
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Of course he's a legend, but dude should've stopped in 96 or whenever Mr. Smith dropped.
I'll admit I haven't bumped new LL since that album myself, so yeah, you're right. But dude has so much GOOD material prior to fallingoff, it's crazy.

no denying that LL is a living legend in the game and his accomplishments are well beyond most mc's.

apprecieated.

One of the greats. To last as long as he did was insane. I wish he would have stopped sooner but hey he made his moneya dn I have to respect that.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Anyone who doesn't consider this dude a legend is either A.) too young, B.) not really into hip-hop like that or C.) an idiot.
I see you Trife. Funny, because I had some joker try to argue with me about this very subject. LL is a legend. He is Hip Hop's first solosuperstar. And his catalog from 1987-1990 (MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT) is untouchable.

Yeah LL is a legend, no denying that. He did alot for the game in his prime. Hopefully we don't get a rash of other threads trying to praise a bunchof other "so called" legends.........

YO!
The last 7 or 8 years not with standing, dude survived about 4 eras over 15 years. "Ill Bomb" dropped in like what '99? Cat wasspitting through like 3 different White House administrations. DF!!!

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Yea great Mc, great artist, great rapper. LL Cool J
pimp.gif

He murdered Kool Moe Dee
laugh.gif

smokin.gif

I hate to bust your bubble but Kool Moe Dee raped LL Cool J

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO!
The last 7 or 8 years not with standing, dude survived about 4 eras over 15 years. "Ill Bomb" dropped in like what '99? Cat was spitting through like 3 different White House administrations. DF!!!
laugh.gif

Definitely top 10 in my book.

Dude has accomplished damn near every significant musical feet out there (save for going diamond).

Appreciated.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

Around The Way Girl is my favourite joint.
Imagine That is a good sex tune
nerd.gif
Thank you, I was gonna hurt somebody if y'all didn't mention Around The Way Girl.
laugh.gif

But Hey Lover is my favorite joint, so damn smooth, and real, because you can't always make a move on "that chick". Great music.

Back
Top Bottom