|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he bought a new pad with the new lakers contract
031914-NBA-byron-scott-and-wife-at-NBA-all-star-2004-entertainment-ahn-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.82.jpg
  BEFORE THE DEAL

tumblr_nx11dtHWh31t7zat2o1_400.jpg
   AFTER THE DEAL

For my taste, he brings too much religion to the team with all the praying on court, the team chapel, and all the god talk in interviews. That stuff really bothers me

Were you ok with Phil Jackson and his meditating sessions, chants, lighting incense and his kind of spirituality ?

Mark Jackson would probably be the closest thing to another Byron-level hire.

Couldn't disagree more with that. Based on coaching style and actual coaching record. His players loved him. Everyone seemed to hate Byron.

The players did like him and stuck up for him, so I'll give him that. But he also had a bad relationship with management and his own assistants. He was very stubborn, which is probably what makes me think of Byron. Pair all that with his unimaginative offense, and it doesn't seem like a good fit to me.

Mark Jackson would probably be the closest thing to another Byron-level hire.
Wth has Luke done?

He hasn't shown any negative traits as a coach.

Last edited:

For my taste, he brings too much religion to the team with all the praying on court, the team chapel, and all the god talk in interviews. That stuff really bothers me
Were you ok with Phil Jackson and his meditating sessions, chants, lighting incense and his kind of spirituality ?
The Warriors became a historic team under a new coaching regime, with the same players. Mark Jackson was holding them back ultimately. His offense was extremely stagnant with all that offensive firepower. Dude was posting up guys like Iggy and Harrison Barnes, rather than using a motion offense, which is used by every team in the NBA now, except of course Byron Scott's Lakers. He also was hated by the entire organization, wouldn't listen, refused to get good assistants, etc. 

Mark Jackson is probably never getting a coaching job ever again. 

So asides from the coaching search, what's next for us?

Things got interesting now that we have lost our first round pick. How do we move ahead roster wise?

The interest in Luke isn't that he's a proven better coach, it's that he has potential. He's not a rehash that flamed out somewhere else already.
Nah he's just a white male with a famous last name....

Nah he's a a current assistant coach who experienced some success this year as a stand-in, was viewed as an intelligent player on the court, learned and "studied" from Phil Jackson while he was injured, and has received praise from Kerr and Phil.

That doesn't prove much but it warrants people thinking he has potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom