|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but you could literally say the same thing of Kerr when he was highly sought after with 0 experience as well. All teams wanted him. Literally same as Walton. Wins a championship right out the gate.

The Lakers met with Byron Scott twice this week, sources said, to discuss last year and philosophical issues going forward before making the decision not to pick up their option on him Sunday - Ramona Shelburne

:rofl:

2nd meeting was probably to make sure they heard Byron clearly on his "philosophies" then Mitch was probably like "nope."

50OIIeT.jpg

Last edited:
Byron wasn't a bad couch he just lacked talent and coached an awful team.

Ollie Luke combo would be good..Regardless who's head..Bring Bshaw in mix..No to JVG and Blatt at head..JVG couldn't handle Houston youngsters..

Byron wasn't a bad couch he just lacked talent and coached an awful team.
Its one thing to be old school as a coach its a whole different thing to be stubborn not willing to adapt to your personnel and not connecting to young talent..And I'm an older dude saying this..

@ComptonPrince
 has a legit point, @LiCeNseD To BaLL
. I know it's a not a popular take, but 'unpopular' doesn't mean 'incorrect'.

And you're approaching this with absolute thinking, btw. All or nothing. Some or none. "Sam Mitchell. Alvin Gentry. lolololololol"

Head coaching in sports is extremely... vanilla.

The fact that Walton is so highly regarded with literally ZERO head coaching experience (being a sub for Kerr is NOT head coaching; he didn't build that roster, implement anything he wanted to implement, talk about who to draft/trade for, etc) is exactly what the point is.

Just because there is Mitchell and Gentry doesn't mean it's the argument is debunked; it means that head coaching gigs aren't LITERALLY 100% white no matter how often it seems like it.

Nah I'm not being absolute, I agree there is a racial component to a lot of head coaching vacancies across all sports.

The Roonie rule didn't start to be implemented out of coincidence.

I feel you guys, I just thought it was funny how direct Compton said it.
Very non-PC way of saying it, that's all.

And I just wanted him to know the same point, not extreme on either side.
Examples like Kerr can debunk my way of thinking, but at the same time examples like DFish also can prove someone Black with no experience can also have opportunities thrown at him over people with much higher qualifications.

Sometimes the "who know you" concept seems more applicable than the color of ones skin.

But none the less, as a minority whose constantly applying for jobs and having my white friends with little to none experience get interviews while I don't get calls back, I am aware of how vanilla certain opportunities can be.

@ComptonPrince  has a legit point, @LiCeNseD To BaLL. I know it's a not a popular take, but 'unpopular' doesn't mean 'incorrect'.

And you're approaching this with absolute thinking, btw. All or nothing. Some or none. "Sam Mitchell. Alvin Gentry. lolololololol"

Head coaching in sports is extremely... vanilla.

The fact that Walton is so highly regarded with literally ZERO head coaching experience (being a sub for Kerr is NOT head coaching; he didn't build that roster, implement anything he wanted to implement, talk about who to draft/trade for, etc) is exactly what the point is.

Just because there is Mitchell and Gentry doesn't mean it's the argument is debunked; it means that head coaching gigs aren't LITERALLY 100% white no matter how often it seems like it.
Nah I'm not being absolute, I agree there is a racial component to a lot of head coaching vacancies across all sports.
If so, my bad then.

I'm not saying that like I don't believe you. Just saying I missed it, and if you said that, then I shouldn't have responded.

Compton is comedy :lol:

:rofl: @ him saying Luke's only being hired because he's a famous white person
Why does he get praise for being this "great" assistant with potential but Jarron Collins don't?

Because Luke's been more visible. That doesn't necessarily mean he's the better coaching prospect, but it's the reason why he has more hype. It's not a case of two coaches and one being a white guy with a famous last name.

In the end it's all just taking small examples and jumping to conclusions about their coaching ability... But in this case, Luke's given us more visible examples than Collins.

Because Luke's been more visible. That doesn't necessarily mean he's the better coaching prospect, but it's the reason why he has more hype. It's not a case of two coaches and one being a white guy with a famous last name.

In the end it's all just taking small examples and jumping to conclusions about their coaching ability... But in this case, Luke's given us more visible examples than Collins.
Disagree but ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom