LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by dreClark

UF planning on landing 2 QB's this year?

That's the plan.

Jay, I know he's in love with baseball cutting schools that won't let him play both, but what is his draft stock out of HS? Hopefully he goes to college to figure out what he wants to do.

He's my favorite QB this year and I'd hate to see him not even play a down.

Jerrard Randall, Driskell and Lemay? Top 3 ?

Naw.

Supposedly Wittek is the top QB on the board (that's from a second hand source). Not sure I believe it.

And Randall is still waiting for that offer. Things took an unexpected turn when UF told him he'd be sitting for a year. We offer him a Denard type of roll it's over.

Driskel would obviously take us out of the running for Wittick and Lemay.

Jerrard Randall, Driskell and Lemay? Top 3 ?
I'd say the Top 3 is Wittek, Driskell, Lemay, w/Randall just on the outside

If I had to guess who we end up with, it's Driskell & Randall

Gregg Williams' (Saints D-coordinator) son Chase enrolled early in January, and he's already 2nd on the depth chart at mike linebacker. He must have a sick knowledge of the game given his pedigree; I can see him being a bigger version of Cody Grimm.

Also, I've been to two scrimmages now and Tyrod looks great throwing the ball. Our scrimmages usually aren't that telling, but overall he's 14-24 (with a couple passes being dropped) for 272 yds and 2 TD, against our first team D. This being his third year in a row with these receivers, they're really hitting a groove. If the line protects him, he's gonna do big things in his senior year. I think our offense could be the best it's been since 99.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Niles Paul
pimp.gif

Yeah, he looked pretty good at the spring game. His ability to battle for the ball when it is in the air has improved a lot. Also, he broke the school record for the quickest 10 yard dash...translation...explosiveness off the line. I think he has the ability to be a Greg Jennings type of player at the next level if he keeps working and improving.

Dee Hart comibg back up to AA on May 22. Gunna make it official then. Close to cancelling the Auburn and Bama visits. Looks like we got the RB we had #1

Originally Posted by DLo13

Funk, explain this Unga situation to me.
Sorry, I was on holiday back in Portland and just got back last night.
At BYU there is a document/set of standards that each student promises to live by titled the "Honor Code". Some of what each student promises to live by in the Honor Code is to not have sexual relations outside of marriage, refrain from alcohol/tobacco/drug consumption, academic honesty, etc. Failure to abide these standards may result in academic probation or termination of student status. I know those are some of the potential negative consequences. I personally believe there are positive consequences from abiding the Honor Code, but that discussion does not belong in S&T or NT in general (in my opinion anyways...).

Looking at the situation in which both Unga and his girlfriend withdrew, I'm willing to bet the violation of the Honor Code was sexual in nature, of course I can't say 100% because it's really none of my business, but that's what it looks like. He voluntarily withdrew however, should any of you think that he was kicked out. I doubt he was "caught" but more likely he knew he made a mistake and wanted to go about doing things the right and proper way.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the situation.

He shoulda went to WVU to complete the munchkin quartet (Jock, Noel, Tavon and JG)

And DJ Pettaway to 'Bama.

The rich get richer.

Jajuan Story just got offered by Florida

LeMay likes that UGA has less competition at the QB spot now. Might make a verbal somewhere by the end of the month...

I'm gonna reserve my full excitement for Hart until it's official but
pimp.gif
. Now he needs to work on getting HaHa to switch.

dont be shocked when Driskel ends up being rated the #1 QB in this class... its gonna happen, 3 camps, 3 MVPs. Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!

2010 SS Eddrick Loften passed his requirements on his ACT test, he will be enrolling at Tennessee.
pimp.gif

Bubba Starling hanging around South Bend this week for the spring game.

Seems ideal for BK's offense.

Back
Top Bottom