LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Let's agree to disagree.
I wanted the deal to be made, but I can understand why they chose to not make it.
Honestly, the Cavs deal was better for Wolves anyways. You don't have to give Klay the max and Wiggins could become a star. Getting Bennett is a low risk, high reward throw in.

Let's agree to disagree.
I wanted the deal to be made, but I can understand why they chose to not make it.
Honestly, the Cavs deal was better for Wolves anyways. You don't have to give Klay the max and Wiggins could become a star. Getting Bennett is a low risk, high reward throw in.
The thing is, the Cavs deal would have never happened if we decided to pull the trigger pre-draft.  The deal was there to be made.

I dont care what anyone says.  There is not one argument in world that convince me that Steph/Klay is a better combo to build around than Steph/Love.  Not a single one.

Last edited:
Maybe the team felt more comfortable paying Klay $15-16 million rather than $24 for Love :\.
I never really noticed it, but the team has no players under contract after the 2016 season.

The thing is, the Cavs deal would have never happened if we decided to pull the trigger pre-draft.  The deal was there to be made.

I dont care what anyone says.  There is not one argument in world that convince me that Steph/Klay is a better combo to build around than Steph/Love.  Not a single one.
While I don't disagree that Love would have been an instant improvement, I get comfort in the following. Klay enables Steph to be the superstar that he is. Steph is a defensive liability. He is not the strongest or quickest physical specimen. Meanwhile Klay is a great defender and I believe he will mature into one of the elite defenders in this league. He's got the size to guard a small forward to a big SG and the quickness/nimbleness to guard a point guard. This compensates for Curry's lack of defense and at the same time allows Curry to conserve energy to be the elite offensive player that he is. 

Credit to Myers for not caving into Minny's demands for Klay. Although Barnes, Lee, and pick weren't enough for Love, kudos to the Warriors for not budging and attempting to out-duel Cleveland and/or Chicago.

Credit to Myers for not caving into Minny's demands for Klay. Although Barnes, Lee, and pick weren't enough for Love, kudos to the Warriors for not budging and attempting to out-duel Cleveland and/or Chicago.
Sooo credit Myers for not improving the team while all the other teams got better via drafts trades and free agency ?
Will never beat okc with our roster or the spurs will be lucky to get passed the clips..
Warrior fans can't settle for just being a playoff team That was done after the we believe era . With curry/barnes/Iggy/love/bogut I fear no team with this lineup and is easily a heavy contender in the west ...

Last edited:
Sooo credit Myers for not improving the team while all the other teams got better via drafts trades and free agency ?
Will never beat okc with our roster or the spurs will be lucky to get passed the clips..
Warrior fans can't settle for just being a playoff team That was done after the we believe era . With curry/barnes/Iggy/love/bogut I fear no team with this lineup and is easily a heavy contender in the west ...
You don't have enough faith in Steph, Klay, Black Falcon, Dray, Ezeli, Speights, etc. Strong, young core. Livingston was a big get, unheralded move.

i wanted love but I'm glad we didnt mortgage the future of this team. no guarantee that he'd sign an extension after this season.

nothing leads me to believe that a line up featuring steph/love would take down okc or san antonio in a 7 game series. kd and westbrook alone would outscore the warriors with our perimeter defense

and i think we all agree that had bogut been healthy in the playoffs, that starting 5 would have made a deeper run in the playoffs

Last edited:
If (and it's a big if) the Warriors can stay somewhat healthy, they will go past the 1st round (possibly deeper).

Last edited:
@ChampCruThik .....I respect your opinion, but I flat out disagree with you on this.  I think in 10 years, we are going to look back and say that this is the single biggest mistake the Warriors have made in our lifetimes. 

Not the Mitch Richmond trade.

Not the Chris Webber trade.

Not the David Lee signing (yes, even bigger than this.)

Not the copious amounts of blown first round picks.

But THIS decision to not part with Klay to get Kevin Love will be the biggest mistake ever.  Unless Klay turns into a perennial All Star (which I dont see happening), this decision will haunt our team.

@ChampCruThik
.....I respect your opinion, but I flat out disagree with you on this.  I think in 10 years, we are going to look back and say that this is the single biggest mistake the Warriors have made in our lifetimes. 

But THIS decision to not part with Klay to get Kevin Love will be the biggest mistake ever.  Unless Klay turns into a perennial All Star (which I dont see happening), this decision will haunt our team.
You don't have enough faith in Steph, Klay, Black Falcon, Dray, Ezeli, Speights, etc. Strong, young core. Livingston was a big get, unheralded move.
I'm with you on this.. Myers being too damn conservative is going to just leave us in the second round AT BEST ... the whole splash brothers campaign is bogus shooters come and go ... I mean come on insert Anthony morrow and he shoots as good if not better than klay .. You wanna start taking defensive liabilities? we'll stick Iggy in there on the best offensive player heck even Barnes defense isn't too shabby... Kevin love is an elite top 10 even top 5 player klay isn't top anything ..

I say not in ten years but in 5 the klay Stan's will regret .. And the real warrior fans that wanna win now already regret it

Last edited:
@ChampCruThik
.....I respect your opinion, but I flat out disagree with you on this.  I think in 10 years, we are going to look back and say that this is the single biggest mistake the Warriors have made in our lifetimes. 

besides an aging kobe and Harden, there aren't any two guards coming out of the western conference that are touching klay in terms of his ability to play defense as well as score from the perimeter and midrange. the dude has done nothing but improve each of his first three seasons, which i believe he will continue to do, so i could see klay becoming an all star down the line.

Last edited:
hypothetically replacing klay with a streaky shooter in morrow?? and thinking that iggy can still consistently lock down the opposing team's number one scorer? i know not getting love is a tough pill to swallow, but let's not get carried away and become irrational

hypothetically replacing klay with a streaky shooter in morrow?? and thinking that iggy can still consistently lock down the opposing team's number one scorer? i know not getting love is a tough pill to swallow, but let's not get carried away and become irrational
Doesn't mater klay is streaky as hell also and morrow was just a figure of speech on how many SG are out there and klay being easily replaced

Doesn't mater klay is streaky as hell also and morrow was just a figure of speech on how many SG are out there and klay being easily replaced

i don't mean to overrate klay, but i strongly disagree that there are so many SGs out there that could replace klays value. come on now, in only his 3rd year, the dude avg 18 points while guarding the opposing pg, while allowing steph to work the perimeter

I am not trying to minimalize Klay Thompson. He is a good player. I just dont see him ever becoming a top 10 player.....or a superstar. And that is what Kevin Love is.

Should have made the trade, we didn't, time to move on

Very excited for this upcoming season with Kerr and think he will make a huge impact. Having Bogut and Ezeli healthy in crunch time will be key.

Steph playing a leading role on the USA team this summer will be good for his development, same with Klay.

Last edited:
I am not trying to minimalize Klay Thompson. He is a good player. I just dont see him ever becoming a top 10 player.....or a superstar. And that is what Kevin Love is.

i definitely agree that klay is not as much a superstar like klove, yet. i do believe that he has the potential to become a much better ball handler who'll be able to create his own shot off the dribble as opposed to being one dimensional on offense. he's shown many times this season that he's capable of such, just needs to do so more consistently. keep in mind, he just finished his 3rd season, is barely 25, and hasn't reached his ceiling (however high that is is tbd)

we missed out on love, but doesn't mean it's the end of the world, this team is young and if myers is willing to build off of a core of klay and steph, i trust his foresight. 2015 has a lot of centers that may test FA, including deandre and vucevic, both dudes who could play the role tyson chandler played on the mavs the year they won

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom