Lock

^^^^^^^
word around here in new england is that the RED SOX have moved to the front of the line involving SANTANA.
lester.crisp. lowrie,and another minor leaguer will go to minny. thing is SANTANA wants to be signed for 150 mil for 5-6 yrs. stay tuned

Are you #++@!*% serious Billy? We couldn't offer A LITTLE more for Milledge? WOW....

so basically nobody even wanted the kid.

Yeah right...The Mets could have turned Milledge into more than THAT...If they sit tight with Church/Schneider...Wow. They could have gottenLaird, Padilla and a prospect with some cash from Texas, I'm sure. I know for fact the Rangers had an eye for Milledge.

His value is tremendously over-rated, and nobody knows that more than a Mets fan who saw him play since his minor league days.

LOL it's so funny. Now all of a sudden all the Mets fans are saying: " We didn't need Lastings, he was never good" blah blah blah. But whenhe was on the team, they sweated him like if he was gonna be the best player in MLB history.

Minaya should've done that D-Train for Lastings deal last year.

lester.crisp. lowrie,and another minor leaguer

this cant be the best deal on the table...Hughes, Melky, and Kennedy is better...plus the last thing i need is the red sox getting Santana...i dont want tolisten to the Fansfor the next 7 years about him

RetroBaller

this cant be the best deal on the table...Hughes, Melky, and Kennedy is better...plus the last thing i need is the red sox getting Santana...i dont want to listen to the Fansfor the next 7 years about him

well the twins could use coco for c/f. lowrie is a very good s/s in triple-a. lester is decent and the other minor leaguer is a pitcher who is a goodprospect. the ny deal looks good but as a red sox fan i hope boston gets it done. first they wanted ellsbury and buckholz but theo said no way.

damn this is Kazmir all over again. I never thought Omar would do this. I dont mind trading Milledge...but for Church and Schneider? WTF?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Source: A-Rod's new contract would include incentives for home run record[/h1]
By Jerry Crasnick
ESPN.com

As the New York Yankees and agent Scott Boras move toward a 10-year deal for Alex Rodriguez, the most important number is etched in stone: If Rodriguez achieves all the goals laid out for him, he will finish with a total payout of $314 million.

A source with knowledge of the negotiations said the two sides are getting "close" on a deal that will pay Rodriguez $275 million in guaranteed money, $30 million for milestones based on home runs, and $9 million in deferred money that the Texas Rangers owe Rodriguez in conjunction with his decision to opt out of his last contract.

In addition, the deal is front loaded, with Rodriguez expected to receive $32 million in each of the first three seasons. Boras and the Yankees are now down to negotiating the final contract language, the source said.

Rodriguez, 32, won his third career Most Valuable Player Award this season after hitting 54 homers and driving in 156 runs for the Yankees. Both he and Boras came in for major criticism when it was reported during Game 4 of the World Series that Rodriguez was opting out of the final three years of his deal with New York.

Rodriguez reportedly rekindled talks with the Yankees on his own on the advice of billionaire investor Warren Buffett. Now he's close to signing a deal that would easily eclipse the record 10-year, $252 million contract he signed with Texas in December 2000.

As the New York Times reported, Rodriguez will receive $30 million from the Yankees when he passes Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Barry Bonds on the all-time home run list. Rodriguez will receive $6 million for home run Nos. 660, 714 and 755, as well as the two home runs that tie and pass Bonds for the record.

Rodriguez, who has 518 home runs, needs 245 over the next 10 years to overtake Bonds's current total of 762. The chances of Bonds returning to play in 2008 and padding his total decreased significantly when he was indicted by a federal grand jury for perjury and obstruction of justice.

Teams are prohibited from paying bonuses to players based on statistical achievements, but Major League Baseball and the Players Association have apparently signed off on Rodriguez's bonuses because the Yankees are classifying his home runs as historical milestones.

"That mountain has been climbed," said a source.

As the Associated Press recently reported, Texas is obligated to fund $9 million as part of a deferred compensation provision in Rodriguez's old contract. The money will be paid to Rodriguez, with interest, in $3 million increments over the next three seasons.

I'm starting to come around more that we are going to see 1 billion dollar contracts in our lifetime.

^ Milledge's attitude is the reason why his value is in the toilet.

Talented player, has potential to hit 20-25 HR's someday, but lets be real, there were plenty of days where he was lolligaggin' some fly balls, and hisroutes were extremely questionable. Remember the last game of the season (an important one) when Willis hit that double to RF, and Edge nonchalantly misplayedthe ball and jogged to it?

2 years ago everybody was interest in the kid (shoot, even 18 months ago the A's wanted him), but nobody is interested in him anymore. The Mets got whatthey could for him.

Omar stated he wanted to get stronger defensively up the middle, so Schneider is here to stay (he'll be our # 8 hitter so I could care less about hisaverage). Church is a pretty good ball player from all of the games I've seen him play (just had a bad start to last season), he has more doubles than anyMet had last season, and he'll hit 20-25 HR's, which isn't bad for a #7 hitter. If he does stay here in a Mets uniform, I think he would do a solidjob (the outfield has depth, so he doesn't even have to play everyday with Chavez/Gomez there).

In terms of where the team is right now, the only team they would be competing with are the Phillies in the division...and both teams have the same exact needs(SP and pen). Hopefully the Mets can find a top tier starter this off season, but I'll probably end up seeing some minor upgrades with depth (ie Silva,Dontrelle Willis, Livan Hernandez, etc).

you know acouple years ago we coulda got manny for lastings? we coulda got a starting pitcher too. i dont get this trade

Wow Mets took a huge L on this trade i remember saying that Milledge is mad overrated and you Mets fans were saying that he was going to be the best Metsplayer ever. I even said that Jeff Francoeur was way better than Milledge and you Mets fans said that they are about the same. No way Francoeur and Milledgeare the same Francoeur would never get traded for 2 journey players in Schneider And Church.
laugh.gif
Mike and the Mad Dog called Schneider And Church Journey players and Omar Minaya got alldefensive saying they are really good players.

To Nats Fans i hear that Andruw Jones is considering signing with the Nationals
frown.gif

[h3]Cardinals Sign Cesar Izturis[/h3]
According to Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Cards have signed shortstop Cesar Izturis to a one-year deal. The amount is $2.85MM with another $650K in incentives. You know the story with Izturis - anemic bat, stellar glove. He'll offer a bit more than Brendan Ryan would've and doesn't cost much. If John Mozeliak finds something better it will be easy to pull the plug.

This also signals the end of David Eckstein as a Cardinal, as expected.

Strauss adds that the team has "strong interest" in acquiring the Brewers' Chris Capuano. That's a reasonable target and a nice buy-low idea. The Brewers would like to unload him given their starter surplus and his rising salary. In a radio interview on 590AM, Post-Dispatch columnist Rick Hummel indicated it could be an even swap for Anthony Reyes.

The new D-Ray stadium looks nice! I can't stand the Dome they play in now
smh.gif

Plus, they should've kept their green colorway. The new jerseys are
sick.gif

7y4abrq.jpg

81hkm6d.jpg

8558v1u.jpg

Originally Posted by nnarum

The new D-Ray stadium looks nice! I can't stand the Dome they play in now
smh.gif

Plus, they should've kept their green colorway. The new jerseys are
sick.gif

7y4abrq.jpg

81hkm6d.jpg

8558v1u.jpg
Awesome.

But yeah, they could have kept their green uniforms. Not feeling the new Rays look at all.

Would I have liked to get more out of Edge? Sure, but his value is at a low, and Omar/Willie never liked his attitude from Day 1.

I would have kept him, but he'll have his time to shine and show everyone if he's capable of being a serviceable player. I hear DC may start him at thetop of the lineup, which is laughable considering he can't hit any breaking pitches to save his life.
laugh.gif

Reyes
Castillo
Wright
Beltran
Alou
Delgado
Church
Schnieder

We don't even need Church to play everyday, the Mets have an abundance of outfielders so they decided to get stronger defensively (thats Omar's excuseat least). He would probably play 5x out of every 7 games, and Chavez/Gomez will have plenty of opportunities (its obvious Omar is higher on Gomez thanMilledge). If those two stay, they would fit right in with the team IMO (Church will put up better numbers than Edge next season, thats for sure).

I still think they will only win 90 games though, especially if they don't get some depth in the pitching.

With all that said, I'm still neutral on the trade b/c I want to see how things pan out (whether any more moves are made down the line, and see how muchbetter defensively this team is (Schneider threw out 30% of baserunners last time I checked).

To Nats Fans i hear that Andruw Jones is considering signing with the Nationals
frown.gif

yep. i've been following the aj sweepstakes all off-season. talks are heating up! the thought of aj in dc is
eek.gif
. him and his pe jays patroling center in the new stadium would be
pimp.gif

The Rays new stadium is going to be absolutely amazing...Those pictures look great...

Their new jerseys though...
sick.gif
Yuck.

Fans on yankee mb's are moaning the fact we would have to give up Hughes for Santana. Johan is the pitcher we can only wish Hughes becomes.

Back
Top Bottom