Lock

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Andruw will take nothing less than 16 million dollars per year i am certain of this he played gold glove caliber centerfield and won his 10th consecutive gold glove this year. Sure it was a bad year for him but this was only one he is a career .260 hitter anyway. In 2005 he hit 51 HRs and in 2006 he hit 42 HRs. Everyone who says he lost a step clearly isn't a Braves fan or just don't watch him play everyday as i do. Braves would've wanted him back but Andruw is clearly too expensive for the Braves to keep as everyone knows that Payroll is tight in Atlanta.

Melky is slightly overrated he can't hit but his defense is superb and has a great arm all he needs to work on is his hitting.

I am also hearing that Andruw Jones may sign with the Nationals but is still hearing offers from other teams. Andruw might earn 16-19 Million Dollars he got 14 Million this year i'm sure someone will pay him he deserves it he is a true hall of famer i'm going to miss him.
frown.gif

yea he was cool, inconsistant at times but braves have 2 prospects for centerfield already. they arent going to go out and pay for a multi-year deal.
they only need someone for 1, maybe 2 years to fill the void. They are possibly going to trade to get a cf at the upcoming winter meetings.

Baseball insiders are whispering that the Pirates are shopping outfielder Jason Bay, and that talks have heated up with the Indians in a multi-player deal that would include Cleveland backup catcher Kelly Shoppach.
grin.gif

I don't like Shoppach, but I don't like Bay either. I hate slow outfielders.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

^ Nationals is probably a little less likely now that they traded for Milledge.
hardly. the nats are still going to make a serious push for a.j.. if we amazingly acquired a.j., milledge would become our 4th outfielder eventhough i think he should def start over kearns in right.

I dont think Boston is really gonna give up Ellsbury. They're just trying to make it harder for the Yankees. The Twins are defnetly gonna trade Santana butI think the RedSox are gonna pullback again. I hate giving up Melky and Hughes. I love melky and Hughes was the future of the franchise. Joba showed hisamazing skills but he hasnt started yet.

Hughes didnt have a great season but he got injured, he was just starting to get his stuff and speed back. If we trade Melky we gonna have to make sure we getAaron Rowand.

We need help in the bullpen. Bring Vizcaino back. I heard theres a couple of good relivers in the farm so they need to do something about it.

KLJ,

I really think we need some added power in the corner outfield spots

I'd be for that trade

This comes as a surprise - the Padres and Jake Peavy are making progress on a three-year contract extension. Peavy is already set to earn $6.5MM in '08 and $11MM in '09. Peavy's extension would cover the 2010-12 seasons and be worth $17-17.5MM annually.
Crazy.

Props to Peavy for doing what's best for the team. On the open market, he'd get like 7/$150.

C.C., take notes.
ohwell.gif

KLJ,

I really think we need some added power in the corner outfield spots

I'd be for that trade
Yeah, that's true, but he really fell off this season. If definitely wouldn't be Shoppach for Bay straight up either.

[h3]Johan Santana Rumors[/h3]
UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 8:30pm: Hank weighs in, reiterating the deadline. He says the third player actually isn't the sticking point. Thanks Hank!

UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 7:30pm: The Yanks' deadline on their offer, which no one is taking seriously, is for end of day Monday. Brian Cashman has given Bill Smith a list of possibilities for the third player in the deal.

UPDATE, 12-2-07 at 6:15pm: Ken Rosenthal says Santana told the Twins he won't waive his no-trade clause during the season. It's now or never. The packages the Yankees and Red Sox are offering are definitely better than two draft picks, especially since there's no guarantee one of them will be a first-round pick. I'd be surprised if he's not moved this week.

i did not think epstein would include ellsbury in the deal. really don,t want to keep crisp over ellsbury but having santana
beckett,schill. dice-k, lester or wakefield, the rotation would be sick.

This comes as a surprise - the Padres and Jake Peavy are making progress on a three-year contract extension. Peavy is already set to earn $6.5MM in '08 and $11MM in '09. Peavy's extension would cover the 2010-12 seasons and be worth $17-17.5MM annually.

Noooo i want him to be a FA cause he has ties to Texas and Oswalt is his best bud in the offseason

27th4theHood wrote:
laugh.gif
kobe2NJ is back at it..
85yiiw3.jpg

Disneyland?
roll.gif
Disney sold the Angels 5 years ago, bud.

Keep up.

That's like someone saying they hate the Brewers because they hate the American League.
laugh.gif

I'm really torn about the Yanks getting Santana.

On one hand we would be getting a definitive #1 starter to compete with Beckett and the Red Sox; however the idea of giving up our young homegrown talent likeMelky and Hughes to get Santana saddens me
frown.gif

Imagine telling yourself right now, "Johan Santana AND Aaron Harang* together?!"
.......uuuummmmm.........
eek.gif
sounds cool with me, let'smake it happen. Dunn, Hopper, Alex Gonzalez, Scott Hatteberg, David Ross, and David Weathers for Johan. works for me, i should be a GM.
but I don't like Bay either. I hate slow outfielders.
you'd learn to like him. very underrated...you don't have to be fast to play the poles.
milledge would become our 4th outfielder even though i think he should def start over kearns in right.

Kearns plays a gold-glove caliber outfield and now that he finally got thru a full season for the first time ever, he'll report to springtraining healthy and be primed for a break out season.

Andy's back! Hopefully tom we have Santana!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Andy Pettitte decided to pitch for the New York Yankees in 2008 and put off retirement.
Pettitte's agent, Randy Hendricks, said Monday that the 35-year-old left-hander had started telling teammates on Sunday. Hendricks then informed Yankees general manager Brian Cashman of the news.
Hendricks said Yankees captain Derek Jeter and catcher Jorge Posada had lobbied Pettitte to return, and the pitcher consulted his wife.
"Players such as Jeter and Posada told him how much they needed him back, as did Brian Cashman and Joe Girardi," Hendricks said. "Andy decided this weekend that he didn't want to keep the Yankees on hold as they sought to determine their team for next year."
The decision came as the Yankees set a Monday deadline for the Minnesota Twins to decide whether they will trade them two-time AL Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana for pitcher Phil Hughes, center fielder Melky Cabrera and a midlevel prospect.
Pettitte had declined a $16 million option last month, saying he needed more time, and Posada said last week that Pettitte was leaning toward retirement. The pitcher had said late in the season that it had become increasingly difficult to be away from his family during the season.
Pettitte was 15-9 with a 4.05 ERA this year in his return to the Yankees following three seasons with his hometown Houston Astros. He went 11-3 after the All-Star break and was New York's most effective starter during the first-round playoff loss to Cleveland, pitching 6 1-3 scoreless innings in Game 2.
New York had said it could wait until next month for Pettitte to make a decision. Cashman said the $16 million option Pettitte declined was a standing offer.
All of the Yankees' major free agents have now decided to return, with Pettitte following Posada, third baseman Alex Rodriguez and closer Mariano Rivera. The only major change thus far as been replacing manager Joe Torre with Girardi.
New York's projected rotation now includes Pettitte, Chien-Ming Wang, Mike Mussina, Hughes and Joba Chamberlain, with Ian Kennedy in reserve. But Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said Sunday his preference was to make the deal for Santana, which would give New York a stronger ace as it competes to regain the AL East title from the World Series champion Boston Red Sox.
Still, Steinbrenner said he wasn't going to wait until past Monday for the Twins to decide.
Boston also is competing for Santana. The Red Sox are thought to have offered a package that would include pitcher Jon Lester or center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury but not both. Center fielder Coco Crisp also could be part of a trade.
"I'm not going to be played against the Red Sox. That's not something I'll do. That's not something the Yankees should ever do, and that's I think what they're trying to do now," Steinbrenner said. "So if they want the best offer that has been offered to them, then they need to make up their minds."
Steinbrenner wouldn't set a specific time Monday for pulling out.
"We'll see how it goes, but this is not an act. It's not a bluff. It's just reality," he said. "Because as much as I want Santana, and you can make that clear - for his sake, to know that I do want him - but the fact is that I'm not going to play the game. We've made them the best offer. And at this point, it's not going to get any better. So they can decide. At this point, it's up to them. I don't think they want to lose us in this thing, obviously. Nobody wants to lose the Yankees in a negotiation."

Beane Has High Asking Price For Haren

Did you expect anything different? Billy Beane is happy to field offers on Dan Haren and Joe Blanton, but he'll require a king's ransom for either pitcher. Jayson Stark says Beane asked the Yankees for two of Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy for Haren. With the Red Sox it was two of Clay Buchholz, Jon Lester, and Jacoby Ellsbury. The Mets would have to pony up Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez. With two starters under contract through 2010, Beane and the A's are sitting pretty.

One source of Stark echoes the popular sentiment that Miguel Cabrera in an Angels uniform would prompt a full-on A's firesale. That would include Huston Street, Dan Johnson, Mark Kotsay, and Rich Harden. You have to admit, that would be fun. Maybe the Brewers won't give up Rickie Weeks for Chad Cordero, but how about Street?
Good Lord those are some steeep asking prices. But, when they're under contract for 3 more years, I guess it makes sense.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

27th4theHood wrote:
laugh.gif
kobe2NJ is back at it..
85yiiw3.jpg
Disneyland?
roll.gif
Disney sold the Angels 5 years ago, bud.

Keep up.

That's like someone saying they hate the Brewers because they hate the American League.
laugh.gif

haha.
roll.gif
roll.gif

damn though @ santana going to the yankees.
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h3][/h3]
[h3]Details On Angels' Cabrera Offerhttp://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/details-on-ange.html[/h3]
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/details-on-ange.html
UPDATE, 12-3-07 at 10am: Peter Gammons says the Marlins are no longer insisting on both Adenhart and Santana. He thinks the deal can work.

[h3]http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/nationals-and-r.html[/h3]
[h3]Mr. Dukes Goes To Washington[/h3]
UPDATE, 12-3-07 at 2:18pm: The Washington Post's Dave Sheinin confirms that the Nats have acquired Dukes. That'd leave the Nats with four outfielders, five if Nick Johnson comes back and forces Dmitri Young to the outfield.

"Second baseman Kaz Matsui finalized a $16.5 million, three-year contract with the Houston Astros on Sunday, a little more than a month after helping theColorado Rockies to their first World Series appearance."

Looks like Houston has found a replacement for Biggio. Burke to be traded????????

Back
Top Bottom