Lock

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Beane Has High Asking Price For Haren

Did you expect anything different? Billy Beane is happy to field offers on Dan Haren and Joe Blanton, but he'll require a king's ransom for either pitcher. Jayson Stark says Beane asked the Yankees for two of Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy for Haren. With the Red Sox it was two of Clay Buchholz, Jon Lester, and Jacoby Ellsbury. The Mets would have to pony up Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez. With two starters under contract through 2010, Beane and the A's are sitting pretty.

One source of Stark echoes the popular sentiment that Miguel Cabrera in an Angels uniform would prompt a full-on A's firesale. That would include Huston Street, Dan Johnson, Mark Kotsay, and Rich Harden. You have to admit, that would be fun. Maybe the Brewers won't give up Rickie Weeks for Chad Cordero, but how about Street?
Good Lord those are some steeep asking prices. But, when they're under contract for 3 more years, I guess it makes sense.
Man I am really in the middle on what I want the A's to do. If the Angels add any more power, it would probably be smart for the A's to justrebuild until there move. But I really do not want to lose Haren. I mean he's under contract for 3 years still! I would be willing to part with Blantonthough, for the right price.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

i guarantee acquiring johan wont win them a championship
yankees1129 wrote:
wow. what a bold prediction.
eyes.gif

this isnt like a few years ago when the yanks traded for pitchers like randy johnson and kevin brown.

Yes it is. People thought Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson were going to mow down the league. "
eek.gif
Big Unit AND Kevin Brown?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
"

Imagine telling yourself right now, "Johan Santana AND Aaron Harang* together?!"

That was the reaction of having Randy and Kevin on the same team in 2005, and before that, having Clemens and Pettite on the same team from 1999 - 2003.

*I think the best two pitchers are Santana and Beckett, but I don't think Randy and Kevin were the best two pitchers back then, so I didn't want to throw out the best two. But people thought that Randy and Kevin would be dynamic pitchers together, and I think people would expect the same from Santana and Harang, because Harang may not be most people pick for 'best in the league', but dude is filthy.
Im a little confused about this post. Are you saying Yankee fans thought Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson were going to be great together? If so thats noteven close to true since Brown sucked for us in 04 coming off injurys. He came into the season as the fifth starter.

So I see the Blue Jays are still sitting on there hands as usual....wait a minute, I almost forgot we signed Matt Stairs!

Whoopee.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by rvr10

"Second baseman Kaz Matsui finalized a $16.5 million, three-year contract with the Houston Astros on Sunday, a little more than a month after helping the Colorado Rockies to their first World Series appearance."

Looks like Houston has found a replacement for Biggio. Burke to be traded????????

Most likely.

The Mets would have to pony up Carlos Gomez and Fernando Martinez.

Mets would be ******s to give up BOTH, especially after getting rid of Edge. A's are asking for wayy too much.

I wouldn't even stress it if the Mets are unable to find a top of the line starter, because the issue was our # 5, which is a spot that accounted for 15losses. Pedro is healthy (and pitched effectively when he came back late last season), and Maine/Ollie both had 15+ wins (Ollie was 16-10 with a 3.40 era and a1.62 whip, while Maine was 18-11 with a 3.70 era and a 1.26 whip)....their only issues were the big innings at times (as is the problem with most youngpitchers). El Duque is a very good # 4 starter, and the 5th the Mets could explore with either Pelfrey or Mulvey, or sign a veteran for cheap like a LivanHernandez or a Silva.

I just don't want the Mets to panic and make unnecessary trades getting rid of their youth, especially when this is Delgado's and Alou's finalseasons in NYC. The team improved defensively so far, and the bench is as strong as ever, I just want them to use some younger arms out of the pen. They missedthe playoffs because of the unreliable pen w/ all the injuries (word to Smitch, Burgos, Duaner Sanchez, Padilla, etc0, so there is no need to panic if teamsare asking for too much.

Lock up your daughters, DC/MD/VA parents...because Elijah Dukes is coming to town!
"Hey, dawg. It's on, dawg. You dead, dawg. I ain't even bulls-------. Your kids too, dawg. It don't even matter to me who is in the car with you. N-----, all I know is, n-----, when I see your m-----f------- a-- riding, dawg, it's on. As a matter of fact, I'm coming to your m-----f------ house."

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7522090

The Washington Nationals have acquired outfielder Elijah Dukes from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for a minor-league player, FOXSports.com has learned.

The identity of the minor-league player is not yet known, but he is not believed to be on the 40-man roster.

That clubhouse will be a combustion waiting to heppen...

Mez is right. We doo need a #4-5 starter than a #1. Especially with Pedro coming back and the emergence of Maine and the presence of Perez. El Duque has beengood in some starts but shouldnt be no more than a spot starter/long reliever. We could try Pelfrey in the rotation but this year is big for us to get into theplayoffs and I dont think Willie or Minaya has patience to do that. I expect them signing Colon or Hernandez.

Apparently Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has no problems dealing with agent Scott Boras anymore.

ESPN.com is reporting the Dodgers have made a two-year contract offer to 10-time Gold-Glover Andruw Jones.

The offer is reportedly only 2-years, $32 million.

Ronnie Belliard, Elijah Dukes, a new stadium... I'm absolutely making a trip to D.C. this baseball season.

Hell, last season of Yankee Stadium; might as well make an east coast swing.

KLJ: Coming to a Ballpark Near You!

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Pettitte to rejoin the Yankees!!!

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

so happy about this one

he was definitely needed for next year with the young guns being question marks.......oh and of course Mussina is always a question mark.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ Dukes and Milledge in the same clubhouse...

ya, i know...having two of the most talented prospering outfielders in all of baseball is AMAZING!
W
eek.gif
W

i seriously spazzed when i saw the news. my dude dukes is a NAT! i wanted us to acquire him so bad, and my wish was granted. dukes is a flat out freak! hispower is eek! i've never seen someone laser a ball out of stadium faster than dukes did at yankee stadium last yr. i liked the the trade for milledge but isaid i wish we would've got dukes instead, now we have both!
eek.gif
i'mso ecstatic right now!

PENA (25), MILLEDGE (22), DUKES (23)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
that is BY FAR the best young outfield assembled in baseball.if they all reach their unreal potential, LOOK OUT! all three could be a future all star! o ya, we also have this 23 yr old 3b thats pretty good...ryanzimmerman is his name.

ph_452668.jpg

pimp.gif
X INFINITE

Ronnie Belliard, Elijah Dukes, a new stadium... I'm absolutely making a trip to D.C. this baseball season.
ayo klj, i'll pick you up on the way homey!

Hell, last season of Yankee Stadium; might as well make an east coast swing.

KLJ: Coming to a Ballpark Near You!
i'm mapping out my summer road trips as we speak.

April 8th Reds/Brewers @ Miller Park

April 14th A's/White Sox @ U.S. Cellular Field
April 15th Reds/Cubs @ Wrigley

April 28th Reds/Cards @ Busch

June 2nd and 3rd Reds/Phillies @ Citizens Bank

June 20th Cards/BoSox @ Fenway
June 21st Reds/Yanks @ Yankee Stadium

June 27th, 28th, and 29th Reds/Indians @ Jacobs Field
pimp.gif

July 10th Reds/Cubs @ Wrigley
July 11th Reds/Brewers @ Miller Park

August 11th Orioles/Indians @ Jacobs Field
August 12th Reds/Pirates @ PNC Park

i'm going to try to get to Detroit during a Chicago trip. also plan on trying to get to Baltimore, D.C., and maybe Shea Stadium as well, just haven'tlooked into their schedules to find games that i could mix into other trips.

if it all works out, that would make 13 different ballparks in one summer
pimp.gif

ya, i know...having two of the most talented prospering outfielders in all of baseball is AMAZING!
Yep, acquiring the two players whose stock plummeted more than anyone else's in baseball over the last 12 months sure is a bang up job by theNats front office...
eyes.gif
... Especially pairing those two together, with yet another attitude/work ethic problem in Wily Mo...We'll see.

laugh.gif

son, u ain't lyin.....that "best" young outfield has the maturity of a young girl caught in R.Kelly's bedroom. Let's see if Dukes canavoid being arrested while in chocolate city.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif

son, u ain't lyin.....that "best" young outfield has the maturity of a young girl caught in R.Kelly's bedroom. Let's see if Dukes can avoid being arrested while in chocolate city.

manny will keep them in check and help them uncork the tremendous bottled up talents that both of them have been waiting to pop. their past will become anafterthought.
this team is going to be exciting
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Damn, that's awesome.

yeah, it looks awesome, but it's like thinking about what you would do if you won the lottery. it's fun to think about and it all sounds great,then reality kicks in. but i've been planning this for a while, so hopefully i can make it all happen.
I also got Reds season tickets for next year
pimp.gif

any of you Cincy area guys see a game you may want to go to, get at me (i won't be trying to make money, in some cases i'll give them away, justdon't want good seats to get wasted.) there will be PLENTY of games i can't go to.

any of you Cincy area guys see a game you may want to go to, get at me (i won't be trying to make money, in some cases i'll give them away, just don't want good seats to get wasted.) there will be PLENTY of games i can't go to.
That's music to my ears, man.

Back
Top Bottom