Lock

I had my heart set on going to Boston for a weekend next year to catch a Braves/Sox series...

...but for the first time in years, no Braves/Sox in 2008. Braves get the AL West and Toronto in IL play. What happened to those "rivalries" MLBtried to force?

Although, I've always wanted to check out Toronto. I hear the city is nice, but the ballpark is a dump.

Originally Posted by DLo13

Although, I've always wanted to check out Toronto. I hear the city is nice, but the ballpark is a dump.

that's another park i'd like to be able to get to this summer, but it ranks last on the priority list. any time i think of the skydome, ican't help but think of when that couple was doing it in the hotel room during a game.
laugh.gif

Glad to see Pettitte back in the fold.
pimp.gif

Like someone mentioned in this thread, another reason I'm not gung-ho about us getting Santana is because we have gotten big name pitchers (like the BigUnit and Kevin Brown) and they weren't as successful in NY as they were with their prior teams.

"According to major league sources, the Mets are very close to acquiring Erik Bedard in exchange for Phillip Humber, Aaron Heilman, Ryan Church, and a player to be named later. This seems a little low knowing the Orioles in trade discussions, so I expect that they may be in talks. It is possible they offered Kevin Mulvey in the deal too, that could probably get it done, but I will look into it."

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ Dukes and Milledge in the same clubhouse...

I know who im taking if somone makes a Best MLB fighting team

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

"According to major league sources, the Mets are very close to acquiring Erik Bedard in exchange for Phillip Humber, Aaron Heilman, Ryan Church, and a player to be named later. This seems a little low knowing the Orioles in trade discussions, so I expect that they may be in talks. It is possible they offered Kevin Mulvey in the deal too, that could probably get it done, but I will look into it."

I wont even front, thats huge for the Mets if it happens. Bedard would be my second best option after Santana. A little bullpen tweaking here and there andthats a great team.

[h3]Johan Santana Rumors: Monday[/h3]
UPDATE, 12-3-07 at 10:16pm: Matthew Cerrone says the Twins have moved on from the Yankees and Red Sox, and are calling other teams to discuss Santana. Tyler Kepner says the Yanks have interpreted the Twins' nonresponse to their offer as a rejection. And Jayson Stark thinks this thing is on life support.

Peter Abraham, though, says the Yanks and Twins are meeting tonight (as we speak actually). And the Red Sox aren't putting out any deadline anyway.

pimp.gif
maybe there is a god?

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Apparently Dodgers GM Ned Colletti has no problems dealing with agent Scott Boras anymore.

ESPN.com is reporting the Dodgers have made a two-year contract offer to 10-time Gold-Glover Andruw Jones.

The offer is reportedly only 2-years, $32 million.

damn...
smh.gif

I had my heart set on going to Boston for a weekend next year to catch a Braves/Sox series...

...but for the first time in years, no Braves/Sox in 2008.

word Dlo. My fam and I were going to take a trip to Boston and I told them might as well catch a braves game.
Then i noticed that they dont even play Boston. What a croc...
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

UPDATE, 12-3-07 at 11:09pm: Yahoo's Tim Brown talked to a Boston official who believes the Yankees are "very close" to completing a Santana trade. However a source of mine just indicated that the meeting ended in a standoff because the Twins continue to demand Ian Kennedy in the deal.
The Twins are going to end up with nothing.
laugh.gif
If they piss Steinbrenner off, I don't doubt he'll walk and look else where just to looklike a hard-line negotiator...If the Yankees get out, the RedSox aren't giving up Jacoby Ellsbury. It'd suck to be stuck with him at the beginning of2008 and have him stick it to you near the trade deadline by not waving his no-trade...Those two draft picks aren't as valuable as Phil Hughes/Melky/thirdprospect...

BREAKING NEWS: TYLER CLIPPARD IS A NAT!
pimp.gif

Nats Note: A source with knowledge of the situation said the Nationals traded reliever Jonathan Albaladejo to the New York Yankees in exchange for right-hander Tyler Clippard, pending physical examinations of both players. The 22-year-old, who went 3-1 with a 6.33 ERA filling in for the Yankees this year, has a 3.52 ERA over five minor league seasons. He should immediately be a contender for Washington's rotation. Bowden did not return messages seeking comment on the deal.
believe it or not, when i thought of players i would realistically want from the skanks one of the main players was clip. he's got someserious stuff. i was incredibly impressed by his showing on sunday night baseball @ shea in his first major league start. i knew we could get him for cheap toosince he's overshadowed by hughes and kennedy. he'll def be competing for a spot in the starting rotation.

first milledge (22), then dukes (23), now clip (22), jimbo's not playing around with this youth movement!

wildKYcat wrote:
any of you Cincy area guys see a game you may want to go to, get at me (i won't be trying to make money, in some cases i'll give them away, just don't want good seats to get wasted.) there will be PLENTY of games i can't go to.
When will the schedules come out? Since they just played the Angels @ Cincy this year, that won't happen again for another few years, right?I thought that's how it was.

If not, and if they do play the Angels @ Cincy.. ... ... ... dibs?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

BREAKING NEWS: TYLER CLIPPARD IS A NAT!
pimp.gif

Nats Note: A source with knowledge of the situation said the Nationals traded reliever Jonathan Albaladejo to the New York Yankees in exchange for right-hander Tyler Clippard, pending physical examinations of both players. The 22-year-old, who went 3-1 with a 6.33 ERA filling in for the Yankees this year, has a 3.52 ERA over five minor league seasons. He should immediately be a contender for Washington's rotation. Bowden did not return messages seeking comment on the deal.

I'ma miss T-Clip...nh

Only reason Clip pitched well vs the Mets @ Shea was because they never even saw him before.

Clippard's 2nd start vs the Mets

June 16
Innings: 3.1
Hits: 5
Runs:5
Earned Runs:5
HR's allowed: 2
Walks: 3
Strikeouts:2

He had one good start, and that was in his debut. I'm just upset that I have to see pimple face a lot, I'll downgrade to standard 480p quality wenthose games are on.

smh @ the Twins...n's want Hughes, Melky AND Kennedy?...lol ****outtahere

Yanks need to go after Bedard if the Twins want to act that hard and if not him, Haren

GET IT DONE, CASHMAN

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

wildKYcat wrote:
any of you Cincy area guys see a game you may want to go to, get at me (i won't be trying to make money, in some cases i'll give them away, just don't want good seats to get wasted.) there will be PLENTY of games i can't go to.
When will the schedules come out? Since they just played the Angels @ Cincy this year, that won't happen again for another few years, right? I thought that's how it was.

If not, and if they do play the Angels @ Cincy.. ... ... ... dibs?
nerd.gif

No Halos/Reds this year.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/schedule/tentative.jsp?c_id=cin&year=2008

common son kennedy and hughes and melky.......it doesnt get better than that doggy, these guys want jeter too*@@*

Pretty much, you'd probably enjoy Toronto if you came on a nice summer day but the Skydome sucks and the atmosphere isn't anythingspecial. Tickets are dirt cheap but the ushers sometimes wont let you move down even if there are tons of empty seats
grin.gif

laugh.gif
Now the Twins are apparently close to a deal with the RedSox for the original Lester/Crisp/Lowrie package...Not sure why they'd prefer that toHughes/Melky+...As average as I think Melky is, he's better than Crisp, Hughes has more upset than Lester with less baggage...Doesn't make sense.

Word had circulated around the hotel was that the Reds spoke with the Giants about starting pitcher Tim Lincecum...
happy.gif
...with the names of top Cincinnati prospect Jay Bruce and third baseman Edwin Encarnacion floated as part the potential deal...
grin.gif
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
...Before the end of the day, it had proven to be untrue.
smile.gif

Braves and Cubs have made a small deal.

We needed Ohman to be our LOOGY, since it looks like Mahay will sign elsewhere. Infante is just for IF depth.

The Braves took care of two needs with one deal Tuesday morning when they traded right-hander Jose Ascanio to the Chicago Cubs for left-handed reliever Will Ohman and utility infielder Omar Infante.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: Mitchell findings to get pre-holiday release[/h1]
ESPN.com news services

Updated: December 4, 2007, 9:55 AM ET

Just in time for the holidays for the baseball fan on your list: The Mitchell report?

The San Francisco Chronicle reported that according to two officials with knowledge of former Sen. George Mitchell's probe of performance-enhancing drugs in baseball, the report will be released in the two weeks before Christmas, rather than during the winter meetings.

That means that teams could make deals during the winter meetings, only to learn two weeks later that the free agent they just signed faced possible discipline by Major League Baseball for past use of banned substances.

It is anticipated that the report will name names of current and former major league players who have used performance-enhancing substances including anabolic steroids and human growth hormone.

"The names of players will come out that people will be mad about," Los Angeles Angels owner Arte Moreno said of the report last week, according to the Los Angeles Times. "Some of my information is secondhand, but I know there's going to be names."

The Chronicle reported that on Monday, baseball's lead lawyer, Rob Manfred, advised teams to avoid commenting on Mitchell's findings or the names of players that are expected to be included in the report.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Source: Royals, Guillen agree to preliminary 3-year, $36M deal[/h1]
By Enrique Rojas
ESPNdeportes.com
(Archive)

Updated: December 4, 2007, 8:54 AM ET

NASHVILLE -- Outfielder Jose Guillen and the Kansas City Royals have reached a preliminary agreement for a three year, $36 million deal, a relative of the ballplayer told ESPNdeportes.com.

5753.jpg

Guillen
The agreement will be complete when Guillen passes a physical exam, scheduled for Tuesday. Guillen, 31, hit .290 with 23 home runs and 99 RBIs in 153 games with the Seattle Mariners last season. He had an opportunity to become a free agent when the Mariners declined an option of $9 million for 2008. In 11 seasons with eight different teams, Guillen hit .274 with 166 home runs and 673 RBIs. The outfielder averaged 27 home runs and 88 RBIs between 2003 and 2005 but was limited the next two seasons by wrist and right elbow operations. Last week, Guillen was questioned by the commissioner's office about his appearance on a list of baseball players who bought human growth hormone and steroids from a clinic in Florida, which is under federal investigation. According to records from the Rejuvenation Center of Palm Beach, Guillen spent more than $19,000 for hormones and steroids between May 2002 and June 2005. "We told the commissioner's office my version of this whole affair, which in some ways has been handled with some errors in the media," Guillen told ESPNdeportes.com last weekend. Enrique Rojas is a reporter and columnist for ESPNdeportes.com and ESPN.com.

Back
Top Bottom