Lock

^^ just like glavine came back...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 715 asterisk

Andruw Jones has been pretty consistent with his numbers minus that Brady Anderson type season where he hit 51 homeruns.

He'll give Los Angeles around 30 homeruns, 90 RBI, and he'll hit .260.
AJ's 51 homer season doesn't even come close to a "Brady Anderson type season."

PITTSBURGH -- Former Pirates closer Salomon Torres, the majors' most-used reliever in 2006, was dealt Friday by Pittsburgh to the division rival Milwaukee Brewers for
pitching prospects Marino Salas and Kevin Roberts.

The Brewers -- rebuilding their bullpen since losing Francisco Cordero to Cincinnati and Scott Linebrink to Chicago via free agency -- landed a proven reliever who, until last season,
was one of the majors' most dependable and durable.

Torres should be a good fit for Milwaukee, as general manager Doug Melvin prefers relievers who can pitch often and multiple innings at a time. Brewers starters went seven
innings or more only 33 times last season, compared to 62 in 2006.

Rest of the Story

DENVER -- The Colorado Rockies are shipping utility infielder Jamey Carroll to the Cleveland Indians for a player to be named, freeing up money to pursue Tadahito Iguchi.
Carroll, who turns 34 in February, and his $2.15 million salary were deemed expendable even though the Rockies lost starting second baseman Kaz Matsui to the Houston Astros.
Carroll, a fan favorite for his all-out play, started at second base in 2005, when he hit a career-best .300 but he moved into a utility role last season, backing up the starters at second,
third and shortstop while his steady defense helped the Rockies reach their first World Series.

Rest of the Story

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Padres have offered a one-year contract to left fielder Milton Bradley, who tore up his right knee late in the season when his manager spun
him to the ground while trying to keep him from going after an umpire.
"We talked with Milton, we've made an offer, we think that he's seriously considering it and we're hopeful he'll be back with the San Diego Padres in 2008," CEO Sandy Alderson
said Thursday afternoon. "It's not firm or final yet."
Bradley was the second-half offensive catalyst for the Padres, who fell one win short of going to the playoffs for the third straight season...

Rest of the Story

BOSTON -- Mike Timlin's preference was to remain with the Boston Red Sox.
"The decision wasn't totally mine. It was my family's too," he said Friday after finalizing a $3 million, one-year contract. "At this point in my career, it's not just about me anymore."
Timlin's agents, Sam and Seth Levinson, checked out the market and told the 41-year-old right-hander he had choices.

Rest of the Story

Outfielder Kosuke Fukudome, a hot commodity on baseball's free-agent market, plans to make a formal announcement early next week on whether he
will remain in Japan in 2008 or pursue offers to play in the United States, his agent said.

Agent Joe Urbon spoke with general managers from interested Major League Baseball clubs by phone during the winter meetings in Nashville. Urbon passed along
the initial club offers Thursday via conference call to Fukudome, who will study the information with his family in Nagoya, Japan, before determining his next move.

The Chicago Cubs and White Sox, San Francisco Giants, Texas Rangers, San Diego Padres and Philadelphia Phillies have expressed varying degrees of interest in Fukudome,
a .305 career hitter with 192 home runs and a .397 on base percentage in 1,074 games for the Chunichi Dragons.

Rest of the Story

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Jose Guillen and Jay Gibbons were suspended Thursday for the first 15 days of next season for violating baseball's drug policy. The penalties
are an indication how the sport might treat players named in the Mitchell report, which could be released next week.
The pair were linked in media reports to the purchase of human growth hormone. Gary Matthews Jr., Rick Ankiel, Troy Glaus and Scott Schoeneweis also were linked to
performance-enhancing drugs, but baseball decided there was "insufficient evidence'' to determine they committed a doping violation. They were accused of receiving the substances before 2005.

Rest of the Story

Noooo...Andruw's gone.
frown.gif

Oh well I wish him the best as a Dodger though.

Hopefully our next centerfielder in Atlanta will try to achieve similar success like Andruw.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

So how close is Barry Bonds to the A's lookin?

Just like every other year, it get's rumored, then it falls off the map. We've had enough cheaters in our organization, I think we already wentover the limit.

In other A's news:
Coco Crisp's Agent Speaks
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2007/12/coco-crisps-age.html
Coco Crisp's agent, Steve Comte, supplied all sorts of quotes to the Boston Herald's Rob Bradford. Covelli's not a fourth outfielder, he's better than Jacoby Ellsbury, he's a proven commodity, stuff like that. It was interesting to read, and you can see where Crisp and Comte are coming from. But it doesn't really change anything, because if the Red Sox don't trade Crisp and he wants his $4.75MM next year, he's going to have to live with a reduced role.

Bradford mentions that the White Sox, A's, Rangers, and Braves have inquired on Crisp. The Padres, Twins, and Orioles have also been connected to him.

I thought the outfield was the only part of our lineup that was going to remain the same after the offseason (Swisher,Kotsay,Buck), but I guessafter the Geoff Jenkins and Coco rumors, I was wrong.

This could be the week when the starting-pitching market begins to shake out.

The week when Japanese free-agent right-hander Hiroki Kuroda signs with the Mariners, Dodgers or Diamondbacks. The week when the Diamondbacks or Indians trade for A's right-hander Dan Haren. Maybe even the week that the Mariners or Dodgers obtain Orioles left-hander Erik Bedard and some team finally acquires Twins lefty Johan Santana.

The trade of Haren could happen first - and the Diamondbacks and Indians, two clubs deep in young talent, are in the best position to make a deal, according to major-league sources.

The Indians' advantage is that they can offer superior major-league ready pitching, including righty Adam Miller, who projects as either a top-of-the-rotation starter or closer, and lefty Aaron Laffey, a sinker-baller who could develop into another Mark Buehrle.
pimp.gif

Sabathia, Carmona, Haren, Westbrook, Byrd = best rotation in baseball.

Looks like LoDuca found himself a taker for his services...

Lo Duca agrees to one-year deal with Nats

Updated: December 10, 2007, 10:17 PM ET

Paul Lo Duca is staying in the National League East, agreeing to a one-year contract with the Washington Nationals.

Lo Duca will be counted on to tutor backup Jesus Flores, who is considered Washington's catcher of the future.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3149188

[h2]The Dugout: Meet Dmitri Young and Friends[/h2]
Posted Dec 8th 2007 6:15AM by Jon Bois
Filed under: Washington, DC, Nationals, The Dugout
Earlierthis week, we saw the first glimpse of Dmitri Young in The Dugout since our move to FanHouse. We really had better not link specifically to someof our older dugouts starring our interpretation of Dmitri, but for those unfamiliar he's basically a really fat Ned Flanders.

Over the last few weeks, the Nationals have quickly become a team full of characters. Dmitri,Elijah Dukes, LastingsMilledge...I was expecting them to agree to terms with Raekwon the Chef, but I suppose their recent acquisition of Aaron Boone is close enough.

Boone meets Dmitri and pals in the latest Dugout, after the jump. It's a special occasion for us.
http://
[h1]The Dugout[/h1][table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [td]
**OnlineHost** Welcome to Nationals Clubhouse Chat!
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""] [/th] [td]
ActaFool: Aaron! Glad you're here, buddy!
Boonetang: hi

/looks around room
DukesOfHazzard: /glares
GoodGasMileage: /glares
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: /cheez-its
ActaFool: We're seeing a lot of new faces around here, so I was about to have a sort of "get to know each other" activity with everyone. You're just in time. Have a seat.
ActaFool: I've set out some markers and some paper. We're all going to draw a situation that makes us happy. When we're done, we'll show them to everybody. Let's get started!
Boonetang: /draws
DukesOfHazzard: /draws
GoodGasMileage: /draws
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: /huffs

hooooo ats some dank washable

/pupils dilate
ActaFool: Everyone finished? Aaron, let's see yours first!
Boonetang: k

mspaint1.jpg

Boonetang: its supposed to be me playing baseball

i drew the sun and stuff

it's not all that realistic i don't know it's not that good
ActaFool: I think it's just great! You playing baseball, how about that!
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: hoooooh s***

/indigo nostrils
ActaFool: Elijah, you want to go next?
DukesOfHazzard: aight

mspaint2.jpg

ActaFool: God, who is that?
DukesOfHazzard: /points at Aaron Boone

the lil man over there
Boonetang: aw
DukesOfHazzard: just wanna bust ya nuts is all
ActaFool: Um, well thank you for that.

Lastings, would you like to go next?
GoodGasMileage: yep
GoodGasMileage:
mspaint3.jpg

Boonetang: what
GoodGasMileage: just wanna bust ya nuts is all
Boonetang: d'aww corncobs!
ActaFool: Dmitri? You all right?
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: /fuschia marker stains all over face

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyesssssssss
ActaFool: Let's see your drawing!
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: .......

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ActaFool: Your drawing, please, Dmitri.
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: i aint done yet
ActaFool: Hey, it's just an exercise. You don't have to spent too much time on it. C'mon, let's take a look.
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: i said i aint f***in done
SteakGrowsOnDmitri: man f*** this im outty 5003
[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]
[/th] [td]
**OnlineHost** SteakGrowsOnDmitri has stumbled out of the chatroom.
Boonetang: i don't want to see

it's probably the opening banter from m-e-t-h-o-d man
Boonetang: i do not want to have my **** laid on a dresser and have them ****s banged with a spiked ****in bat
GoodGasMileage: haaaaa

that's it i'm lookin

/picks up paper
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
mspaint5.jpg
DukesOfHazzard: awwww its big d an lil d
DukesOfHazzard: wish he stayed an drew the cheez-its
[/td] [/tr][/table]

poke fun at the nationals all you want right now. you won't be laughing when we are a certified contender this year, trust. our outfield was awful lastyear and now it's our strong suit. pena, milledge, dukes = by far the best young outfield in baseball. we were last in runs last year, guarantee we will bein the upper half next year in that department.
* waits for J Rain to tell us all how great Lo Duca is *
on the contrary my friend. i'm not too thrilled with the signing of the irate italian paul lodouchea. i hated him as a mutt, and unlikemilledge my views won't change b/c he's now a nat. it's no biggie though, he's just gonna backup our own version of russell martin, jesusflores.

ZX7QB8cr.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i can't thank the mutts enough for letting him go

and just for the record wildkycat, you do jock me in a lot of threads.

Back
Top Bottom