Lock

I'm mad at the Lastings trade.

I see this being very similar to when Sori got traded to the Nats.
smh.gif

I'm pretty sure Milledge will have a monster year next year. Watch.

According to some ESPN sources, the Yanks and Twins have reached an agreement.

Leche, Hughes, and another prospect for Mr. Santana.

I would hate losing Leche. He was one of my favorite Yanks and now we gotta go dish out more money on an outfielder, possibly Jones. The thing with Jones isthat he's not a lead off type a guy as Leche was sometimes.

As much as I like Johan...

sick.gif

We just gave up our future...IMO and I say this with 100% confidence...within two years, Phil Hughes would've been our ace, at least...19 games.

Why do we have to trade the farm for the guy, THEN...have to sign him for no less than 150 million?

Supposedly, had the Yanks gave up Melky (And they did) they were def gonna sign Aaron Rowand, who wants 15 million a year...

andruw jones is still on the market right? i bet the yanks can get him for cheap after his horrendous year last year. i would have liked it if the yanks hadtraded kennedy instead of hughes but its all good since we still kept cano.

I can't wait to see what the Yanks payroll is gonna be next year and the year after...
eek.gif

Andruw will take nothing less than 16 million dollars per year i am certain of this he played gold glove caliber centerfield and won his 10th consecutive goldglove this year. Sure it was a bad year for him but this was only one he is a career .260 hitter anyway. In 2005 he hit 51 HRs and in 2006 he hit 42 HRs.Everyone who says he lost a step clearly isn't a Braves fan or just don't watch him play everyday as i do. Braves would've wanted him back butAndruw is clearly too expensive for the Braves to keep as everyone knows that Payroll is tight in Atlanta.

Melky is slightly overrated he can't hit but his defense is superb and has a great arm all he needs to work on is his hitting.

I am also hearing that Andruw Jones may sign with the Nationals but is still hearing offers from other teams. Andruw might earn 16-19 Million Dollars he got 14Million this year i'm sure someone will pay him he deserves it he is a true hall of famer i'm going to miss him.
frown.gif

We just gave up our future...IMO and I say this with 100% confidence...within two years, Phil Hughes would've been our ace, at least...19 games.
sick.gif
How can you complain about that deal?...You are getting the best pitcher in baseball, BAR NONE, who is still only 28 years old and dominatingbaseball games every single time he steps on the mound, and his prime years are still ahead of him. You're getting probably another 5+ years of Cy Youngcaliber pitching out of this guy for God's sake. Johan will win 20 games with the run support he'll get in NY. He instantly makes the Yankees FARbetter than they've been in the last 5-7 years, and you have absolutely no idea how the guys you're trading for him will turn out in the end, becausenone of them have proven a damn thing...

"Boohoo, we wanted Johan for Ian Kennedy and some trash, and the Twins didn't give him away! How dare they."
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yankees1129

andruw jones is still on the market right? i bet the yanks can get him for cheap after his horrendous year last year. i would have liked it if the yanks had traded kennedy instead of hughes but its all good since we still kept cano.
the yanks don't need andruw jones and no team is going to get him for "cheap." but some team will pay too much for him, so why not it bethe yankees.

this is so typical (pathetic) of the skankees...trade their young studs for the big name. it happens almost every off-season. they get more desperate every yr.fact is though, i guarantee acquiring johan wont win them a championship. i wonder what they'll do then, trade cano?
smh.gif

i guarantee acquiring johan wont win them a championship

wow. what a bold prediction.
eyes.gif

this isnt like a few years ago when the yanks traded for pitchers like randy johnson and kevin brown. this johan santana. you have to give up talent to gettalent.

also, this isnt a a done deal. who knows what the yanks have to give up to get santana. they might end up not geting him.

Originally Posted by Gothams Terror

indifferent.gif
@ Troy Percival signing with the "Rays"

just hang em up man damn

u know. I was rooting for him last year but at this point its not like he's gonna win. He's with the Rays for petes sake

[h3]Johan Santana Rumors[/h3]
When we left off last night, the Twins and Yankees were still haggling over the third player in a Johan Santana trade. The Twins wanted Alan Horne or Austin Jackson, according to Jon Heyman. Now comes word from Tyler Kepner that those two are considered untouchable in the deal by the Yanks. Dellin Betances, Ian Kennedy, and Jose Tabata round out the five that they will not include as the third player.

It's said that the Yankees will turn to Dan Haren if they don't reach an agreement with the Twins today or tomorrow. The Twins still like Jacoby Ellsbury more than Phil Hughes, so they're trying to get the Red Sox to replace Coco Crisp with him in their offer.

laugh.gif
looks like he wont be going to the yanks
pimp.gif

The Twins don't have a whole lot of wiggle room right now on their end of the discussions right now because there's several other top-flight pitchersavailable with lower demanded returns from teams...Dan Haren, Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir...If teams can't get Johan, they'll shrug it off and turn tothese other guys. This thing could drag out awhile, but once teams fail to get the other big names, they'll come back and give Minnesota what they want.

If that third prospect is a B level prospect, we're basically swapping Hughes for Santana. If Santna has a couple of great years and can be a middle-top ofthe rotation guy who eats innings in the later years of his contract, it is a FAIR deal. I still say no matter who we give up Hughes for, its not worth it butits pretty fair all things considered. I appreciate Melky but hes very replaceable.

btw regarding andruw jones, i read not too long ago boras wants $100 mil for him.

i guarantee acquiring johan wont win them a championship
yankees1129 wrote:
wow. what a bold prediction.
eyes.gif

this isnt like a few years ago when the yanks traded for pitchers like randy johnson and kevin brown.

Yes it is. People thought Kevin Brown and Randy Johnson were going to mow down the league. "
eek.gif
Big Unit AND Kevin Brown?!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
"

Imagine telling yourself right now, "Johan Santana AND Aaron Harang* together?!"

That was the reaction of having Randy and Kevin on the same team in 2005, and before that, having Clemens and Pettite on the same team from 1999 - 2003.

*I think the best two pitchers are Santana and Beckett, but I don't think Randy and Kevin were the best two pitchers back then, so I didn't want tothrow out the best two. But people thought that Randy and Kevin would be dynamic pitchers together, and I think people would expect the same from Santana andHarang, because Harang may not be most people pick for 'best in the league', but dude is filthy.

Yankee fans, I may be wrong here, but maybe you guys have a little better idea...Hasn't Austin Jackson had exactly one half of a good year? What would makehim untouchable?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yankee fans, I may be wrong here, but maybe you guys have a little better idea...Hasn't Austin Jackson had exactly one half of a good year? What would make him untouchable?

Hes similar to Melky Cabrera except hes even younger and has a higher ceiling (Tabata is a better prospect then both of them) He could be a complete 5 toolplayer if he shows any power and hes far from a throw away. You cant just say, here Jackson or Horne, just complete the deal. Yanks cant give in (more thanthey already have)

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

btw regarding andruw jones, i read not too long ago boras wants $100 mil for him.
roll.gif

Over what, 100 years?

laugh.gif
Yeah I dont know who will give him that but once all the CF's sign and maybe a team like the White Sox still need one, Kenny Williams might dosomething stupid and sign him. He already made a horrible move signing Linebrink.

Hes similar to Melky Cabrera except hes even younger and has a higher ceiling (Tabata is a better prospect then both of them) He could be a complete 5 tool player if he shows any power and hes far from a throw away. You cant just say, here Jackson or Horne, just complete the deal. Yanks cant give in (more than they already have)
I feel you...Austin was a STUD in High School...Used to play hoops with him in the summer. Kid coulda done anything he wanted with his career.
laugh.gif
Maybe it's just odd to see the Yankees at least some what guarded about their farm system.
laugh.gif
A couple of Rangers boards I visit talk about how badly Boras has tried to get the Rangers involved on Jones because Hicks has overpaid Borasguys in the past. I'd rather have Jones than Hunter, though. Both will be overpaid, but Jones his 2 years younger and his bat will play alot better inLF/RF than Hunter's will a few years from now when neither can handle CF. There is talk though that if the Rangers can land Fukudome, they may go afterJones and shore up the OF for the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom