Lock

I thought about their lineup,
eek.gif

laugh.gif

I feel bad for KLJ....WVU loses and now this....
laugh.gif

This was unexpected with the Tigers... They should've taken the angels deal instead and deal willis later....

Dammit....i wanted Miggy in Anaheim
mad.gif

I guess we can put Chone @ 3rd and get Tejada

the marlins are a fish out of water franchise (pun intended).
tongue.gif

they are about to achieve the unthinkable, and actually lower their already atrocious attendance:
marlinsfc8.jpg

roll.gif
sick.gif

as a nat fan i'm happy to see miguel out of our hairs, he was a certified nat killer. this also solidifies the marlins as the cellar dweller of the n.l.east (not that we were gonna be there anyways).

Tigers will be one of the top 3 in the AL now. I suspect the Yanks will get desperate after the Tigers improving their lineup and rotation and Minny SERIOUSLYconsidering the Sox offer. I expect them to throw in either Kennedey, Tabata or another one of their top tier prospects

[h3]Reagins Clears Things Up[/h3]
Angels GM Tony Reagins recently held court with the media to debunk most of the Angels rumors swirling about recently.
  • The Angels are not currently in the mix for Johan Santana. Reagins spoke to Bill Smith last night, but not about Johan.
  • The Angels haven't met with the Orioles, so there haven't been discussions about Erik Bedard and Miguel Tejada at the Meetings.
  • Reagins wasn't involved much with Miguel Cabrera before the Tigers snagged him.
  • On the less boring front, Reagins said "some interesting and exciting things have surfaced" with surprising new teams. Get your speculating caps on.
*puts speculation cap on*
A-Rod in a signa and trade?
laugh.gif

^ Would you give up Wood and Saunders for Tejada?
they want a cather and a pitcher. I would do it in a heartbeat

I don't know why the Orioles would want a catcher. I read that somewhere too, but its hard to believe. Unless they know they have a deal in place for R.Hernandez, which I doubt. Either way I hope Tejada does go to the Angels. If we got Wood I would most certainly be pleased. Ha. I just get the feeling thoughthat the Angles GM doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

Wait, do people still think D Train is good?

5+ ERA in the NL last year?

With the Tigers..

a large group of that team is getting up there in age

Zumaya might not be the same

Renteria's last stint in the AL didn't go so well

etc...Cabrera can damn sure rake tho, as can the whole lineup if healthy

I still like Clevelands chances for next year

And the tigers definitely better get it done this year, cause they gave up a whole bunch

^
I hear what you're saying but Train could get back on track in that ballpark. Plus he should have real run support as well as good pitching all aroundhim. He probably didn't give it his all in florida and it showed. This might be the kick in the pants that motivates him. All in all, real nice move forDetroit. Florida?
smh.gif
Sorry team.

Wait, do people still think D Train is good?

5+ ERA in the NL last year?
I was just talking to my boy about that.

Despite having a poor season (10-15, 5.17, 1.60 WHIP), he's still a career 3.78, 1.36 pitcher. He's also 14 games over .500; for an entire career inFlorida, I'd say that's pretty good.

The last time the marlins traded a star pitcher and 3rd baseman it really helped out the other team i.e. lowell and beckett to the red sox. I don'tunderstand the marlins level of competition. Does upper management just not care about the team or what. i know they make a profit every year because therepayroll is so low, but you'd expect a business entity worth hundreds of millions to want some sort of integrity or credibility. On another note, I wish theDodgers would have gotten willis and cabrera. Would've been an absolute perfect fit.

That ballpark will help, forgot about that. And yeah he's not bad, I just think he's an average to above average starter at this point

What I'm sayin pretty much is,
I'll take a healthy CC and Fausto and we'll win that division again, imo

The Marlins have won two titles in 10 years..

it's hard to see why, but hey, it happened

And I would gladly take that

On the less boring front, Reagins said "some interesting and exciting things have surfaced" with surprising new teams. Get your speculating caps on.
Danny Haren?
tongue.gif

but in all seriousness, Dtrain and Miggy in Detroit? The Tigers will have one hell of an offense, @$@! they can even DH Willis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

The Marlins have won two titles in 10 years..

it's hard to see why, but hey, it happened

And I would gladly take that

I'd take two titles in 100 years.
Those Marlins are greedy bastards!
mad.gif

8:12 p.m., from Steve Phillips
• The Mets offered Aaron Heilman, Carlos Gomez and Philip Humber for Erik Bedard.

Can someone, Detroit fans perhaps, give me an idea of what types of players these guys are that the Marlins are getting back? I don't follow baseball veryclosely anymore, other then my home team Marlins.
frown.gif

I would like the Yanks to get Bedard.
The O's would never trade within their division...i'm sure they do wanna get better @ some point.

Damn Tigers made out like bandits...AL is gettin' heavy.

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

Can someone, Detroit fans perhaps, give me an idea of what types of players these guys are that the Marlins are getting back? I don't follow baseball very closely anymore, other then my home team Marlins.
frown.gif

Cameron Maybin is gonna be a star
J RAIN 23 wrote:

the marlins are a fish out of water franchise (pun intended).
tongue.gif

they are about to achieve the unthinkable, and actually lower their already atrocious attendance:
marlinsfc8.jpg

roll.gif
sick.gif

as a nat fan i'm happy to see miguel out of our hairs, he was a certified nat killer. this also solidifies the marlins as the cellar dweller of the n.l. east (not that we were gonna be there anyways).

Back
Top Bottom