LOL Boston College will Fire jeff Jagodzinski if he Interviews for the jets job

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

ESPN is reporting this when there is a link i will post it

Boston College coach Jeff Jagodzinski has been told he will be fired if he interviews for the head coaching vacancy with the New York Jets, which is scheduledfor Monday, according to sources.

[+] EnlargeIcon SMI

Jeff Jagodzinski has been head coach at Boston College the past two seasons.

Despite the threat from athletic director Gene DeFilippo, Jagodzinski plans to do the interview with the Jets, the sources said. Those sources said that in theevent Jagodzinski is fired, BC would promote offensive coordinator Steve Logan to head coach.

According to the sources, DeFilippo first told Jagodzinski on Saturday that he would fired if he interviewed and then reinforced the school's positionSunday. Jagodzinski declined to comment when reached by ESPN.

BC spokesman Chris Cameron told ESPN's Joe Schad the school would have no comment. But another BC source said Jagodzinski informed his coaching staff ofthe development this weekend after at least two discussions with DeFilippo.

The Jets did not have a reaction or confirm they are interested in Jagodzinski, but ESPN and other news outlets have reported his candidacy.

Jagodzinski, 45, has been head coach at Boston College the past two seasons, with the team finishing first in the ACC's Atlantic Division each year. In2007 the Eagles went 11-3, including a victory over Michigan State in the Champs Sports Bowl. This past season, BC finished 9-5 after losing to Vanderbilt inthe Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl.

Prior to coming to BC, Jagodzinski had worked as an NFL assistant since 1999. He was tight ends coach for the Packers from 1999-2002, then served in the samerole for the Falcons in 2003 and '04 before moving up to be Atlanta's offensive line coach in '05. He then went back to Green Bay as offensivecoordinator for the 2006 season before BC came calling.

Before coming to the NFL, Jagodzinski served on college staffs since 1989 with East Carolina, LSU, Northern Illinois, and Wisconsin-Whitewater (his almamater).

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN

Ridiculous
smh.gif

I would take that interview if he thinks the Jets are serious about hiring him...if he does I hope that he gets it..

BC
grin.gif

BC is in a position of power tho.
Sucks for coach jagz.

If he interviews, doesn't get job, gets fired, he's screwed. All the major college jobs are taken.

laugh.gif
wow tho
smh.gif

Good luck coach

If my employer knew I was interviewing for other positions while on their payroll/dime, best believe they would fire me.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=503541http://www.sportingnews.c...rn/viewtopic.php?t=503541

He is interviewing for the Jets. I think AD is well within his rights here. They took a chance on him just 2 years ago.I think programs like BC are sick ofbeing stepping stones but they should have buyouts in their contracts. But hey he wants to take a chance...but he better not get any money for forcing his ownfiring.

I dont know why the concept of 2 way contracts are so foreign in football.(One sided for coaches in NCAA,One sided for management in the NFL)

He is in a real pickle...the chances of him landing the Jets job are slim. Keep a job you already have or try your darndest to get the job of a life time

Just heard on VT boards that MA news is reporting he's pretty much gone as of right now.
laugh.gif

Damn, there is no way in hell he's getting the Jets job anyway.

As a coach though he has brought in some high level recruits but also lost out on some big time in-state guys who have decided to go elsewhere (especially thisyear a TE from Mass that played in the Under Armour Game is going to Georgia and an OL from Mass that played in the Army game committed to UNC) which is prettyrare for this area. There usually isn't a lot of huge local recruits so when there is you gotta try to get those guys to stick around. Can't reallyargue with his record, been to 2 ACC title games but it helps when you walk into a situation with Matt Ryan then with the defense this year (The d-coordinatorwas a hold over from the O'Brien days) so I don't know how much the program would fall off if he did get fired.

Back
Top Bottom