Lord Willin'....10 years later

I remember when this dropped you couldn't go anywhere in VA without hearing "Grindin" playing. I popped it the cd player today and let it ride all the way through and still got that :smoking feeling. I may be biased being that the Clipse are hometown heroes, but how does everyone rate this CD?

Solid but not more than a 3.5/5. Some of the production on this album did not age well at all. Still has some classic songs though.

Solid but not more than a 3.5/5. Some of the production on this album did not age well at all. Still has some classic songs though.

I know its your opinion and alll but................that **** sucks!

This album was a classic. Hands down!

only beat that didn't age well was "Ego".

Aside from that, the really "signature" beats like "Let's Talk About" have a real nostalgic feel to them, like that's what Neptunes sounded like at their zenith.

3.5/5? What do you consider a 4, then?

^ I wouldn't argue if someone gave it a 4. Some of the beats were just real weak and even got worse (Young Boy, Ma I Don't Love Her, Ego and When the Last Time)

Plus I think "Hell Hath No Fury" smashes this album. But either way, it's a great album.

:smokin i remebr bumping this album in hs.. im from NY btw and i can distinctly remember not being able to walk into the lunch room without hearing someone do the grinding beat on the lunch table lol.. virginia is def my my fav song esp crusing through VA on 95

we smirked at the Simpson trial, yea i guess the chase was wild but what's the fuss about?

Yeah, I guess the chase was wild, But what's the fuss about?
See, plenty my partners feelin' like O.J.
Beat murder like the ish is OK, that's what our door say

Album is a solid 4 but a hood classic

I was born in NY and raised in VA....I went to school in Norfolk and lived in the 757 for a couple years.

I used to always see Pusha back in 2003-04 walking through Military Circle Mall carrying a LV duffle passing out mixtapes.

They rolled up to a party I threw off 42nd street way back in the day for all the bad chicks that were there.

Clipse in their prime are always appreciated.

"Where there's Demand.....someone will Supply"

This was my first ever CD. Got this back in 4th grade based not knowing a DAMN thing about what they were rapping about. I still bump this CD to this day. Gangsta Lean might be my favorite ode to mary J ever. Neptunes on the beats were 
sick.gif
. Definitely a classic album in my opinion

CLASSIC album still play it... Im in the club sippin on that new zay cognac in the number 9 Jordans with the duece trey on back -- I know its fab and not push or mal I just always liked that line lol

HHNF would be a 4.9/5

This is like 4.75/5 :lol:

It's funny you made this thread though cause in the past month, I've listened to this album 3 times, after only hearing parts of it back when it first came out.

Some bars that stuck out for me since it dropped though:

"When you broke, and they think you got money, ******** start showin you love, ya own people act funny,
I tear ****** heads off, I don't discriminate, waves, cornrows, or dreads, I will eliminate"
:x :wow:

Back
Top Bottom