Los Angeles, California

I stayed over there when i was younger.... Im STILL scared to be over there at night or daylight for that matter... LIKE THE REAL DEEP PART IS BAD
If you walking it's all bad in any gang area, but you can smash through Hillcreast and the Don's in a car with no problem.  The only problem is at night you better know where your going and get there, but if your car is known meaning you live over there or visit frequently your straight.  

I would let my little kinfolks borrow my ride to go over there, and spend the night with his girl all the time.  He always brought my ish back unscathed every time.  Ish ain't like it used to be in LA.  Times have soften the bad parts of the city up. 

These days you can go on Brynhurst flamed up not knowing anybody(in a car of course) as long as your not OD eyeballing fools.  It used to be a day when that was certain death. 

I don't be caring tho.  I do my business or kick it with my folks (IN DOORS) then I get on about my business.  The only time I'm nonchalant with it is when I'm in Inglewood.

Do understand tho that I follow my instincts, and get the hell on when I fell trouble a brewing.  But if your like in your 20's+ with a car your good living in these areas if you don't bang or OD with wearing colors.

That crazy stuff with the pronstar happens all the time tho.  One of the homies sister got it with a shotgun to the neck by her dude claiming he didn't know the gun was loaded BS.  Why even pick up the gun in the first place?

And I heard another dude killed someone on set

Last edited:
Yea man, my cousins just moved out of the Dons, I loved it over there. I wouldnt be opposed to living there but I wouldnt advise an out of towner to move out there.

Bottom line, almost every area in LA has a really nice side and a bad side.

If you walking it's all bad in any gang area, but you can smash through Hillcreast and the Don's in a car with no problem.  The only problem is at night you better know where your going and get there, but if your car is known meaning you live over there or visit frequently your straight.  

EXACTLY, but i would never ride over there at night in my car its a red mustang... im cool on that lol 

That crazy stuff with the pronstar happens all the time tho.  One of the homies sister got it with a shotgun to the neck by her dude claiming he didn't know the gun was loaded BS.  Why even pick up the gun in the first place?

And I heard another dude killed someone on set
And yeah thats crazy what happened to her smh .. you dont accidentally pull out a gun and shoot someone twice in two clearly different spots... smh sad

As a former out of towner, I can cosign this. Have to be aware of where you are in any given situation. Even places like Westwood or Brentwood have robberies (my own friends got jacked last year walking around the apartments near UCLA).

I've been in Compton, watts, south central, east l.a. and Boyle heights at night.

The only reason u guys will get assaulted is because u guys are some poonanny *** dudes and show the dudes that u are scared Lmao.

Valley born and bred. Taft 06', CSUN 11', I live in Winnetka, work in Burbank. The valley isnt to bad to live in but you will not want to make that commute. Like many have said Downtown is getting its revival so its only gonna get better there.

I'm a big fan of Los Feliz. Lots of great restaurants, safe to walk, centrally located so that would be my recommendation but again it all depends on what you're looking for and what you like to do.

Check out padmapper.com, it has a ton of filters you can use to zone in on the type of place you're looking for, and also look into getting a westside rentals account for a month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToneLow  

tumblr_llgl7iGrmo1qafrh6.gif

And yeah thats crazy what happened to her smh .. you dont accidentally pull out a gun and shoot someone twice in two clearly different spots... smh sad
Yea the color of your car and the model can create a problem for you foreal.  One of my big homies tried to sell me a '77 Malibu on 22's, and I was just like
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 you got me F'd up.  I do want my next car to be a glossed out wet red, but I ain't even going to play them games. 
Yea man, my cousins just moved out of the Dons, I loved it over there. I wouldnt be opposed to living there but I wouldnt advise an out of towner to move out there.

I love the hoods of especially the Ave's in Inglewood,  Any given day a unplanned block party could jump off, but naw I wouldn't advise he move in a area like that.  I was just trying to break down that media stigma they paint when it comes to areas like that. But if you stay in your lane, and don't come off like a certified buster your cool no matter where your from.  

DT is where he wants to be.  When I discovered DT after dark it changed my whole life.  The after hour joints and raves in DT cranked harder then the club IMO.  Except Van Guard in Hollywood.

Yea the color of your car and the model can create a problem for you foreal.  One of my big homies tried to sell me a '77 Malibu on 22's, and I was just like
laugh.gif
mean.gif
 you got me F'd up.  I do want my next car to be a glossed out wet red, but I ain't even going to play them games. 
Im already knowing lol I dont know why I got that color I regret it now never again lol

I have been living in Marina Del Rey for the past 2 years after grad in a condo that my parents bought but we decided to rent it out so I moved to Ktown and got a studio near vermont and 4th. Its about 700 sq feet and has 1 parking spot in a garage. I pay 1350 a month for the place which is a bit high but it has dryer and washer and its a fairly big studio. Honestly, there is a lot of crime in Ktown. I didn't think it would be this bad because I would just come to hang out in ktown but there are police helicopters always flying around and first day moving in, a cop was shot in front of my apartment complex. There's been about 5 shootings right around my area since I moved in 2 months ago so yeah it is pretty crazy and sad part is, I live in a more decent apartment complex compared to the others in ktown.

^^

This in all honesty just sounds like LA to me... There's always a Police Helicopter somewhere and if cops weren't constantly ******g with people all the time they wouldn't be getting shot at.

Last edited:
^^

You ain't missing much.. Without all the makeup they look below average. Haha.

ill be the judge of that :wink:

I'm out in Woodland Hills. I see a few pronstars. They do be average, but the sex is ridiculous. Had to pleasure of going to school w one. She don't do it anymore, but I hit her up time to time to chill.

Valley ain't that bad.

what school did u go to?

im in the northridge/porterranch area

Taft High. You right up the street fam

yeah i went to taft for 2 years. 07-09

I graduated '08. Where U graduate

I graduated in' 11 from Granada hills high

:smokin my man

I have been living in Marina Del Rey for the past 2 years after grad in a condo that my parents bought but we decided to rent it out so I moved to Ktown and got a studio near vermont and 4th. Its about 700 sq feet and has 1 parking spot in a garage. I pay 1350 a month for the place which is a bit high but it has dryer and washer and its a fairly big studio. Honestly, there is a lot of crime in Ktown. I didn't think it would be this bad because I would just come to hang out in ktown but there are police helicopters always flying around and first day moving in, a cop was shot in front of my apartment complex. There's been about 5 shootings right around my area since I moved in 2 months ago so yeah it is pretty crazy and sad part is, I live in a more decent apartment complex compared to the others in ktown.

I knw exactly where that is. Yeah that area is nice, but at night petty crime central.

Yea my boy used to stay on Vermont and 6th I think...

There's an iHop and CVS right around the corner.

Police was always hot in that area and the parking sucked. Everytime I was over there I would have to pay for parking.

Area looks nice but it was pretty sketchy.

OP prolly bougie

real life, when dudes leave MI for LA they always tryin to act like its another planet or somethin

Tell me more about Los Feliz. I'm planning on moving out of Monterey Park soon and I want some good options outside of the city. (I'm not Asian, if that matters :nerd: lol)

Los feliz is a predominantly white area with not many minorities btw. Rent is higher than most places but if you search enough you can find something comfortable. 900-1100

http://www.livelovely.com to search for apartments in Los Feliz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Feliz,_Los_Angeles,_California

http://www.walkscore.com/ Rates the walkability of the apartment you want to live in

Walkability is really important for you if you don't have a car so look for something 85+-- Walkscore will help you out a lot

:smoking :smoking

Last edited:
I've been in Compton, watts, south central, east l.a. and Boyle heights at night.
The only reason u guys will get assaulted is because u guys are some poonanny *** dudes and show the dudes that u are scared Lmao.
Come down Queen St with that attitude, in blue, and see what happens.

DTLA is still dirty IMO. To live like they advertise you gotta be in the centers like fig/olive/grand. That zip is expensive.

I rent to USC kids or I would've offered you a room at the house I rent out.

being somewhere at night once doesn't equate to living there :lol:

Tell me more about Los Feliz. I'm planning on moving out of Monterey Park soon and I want some good options outside of the city. (I'm not Asian, if that matters :nerd: lol)

Los feliz is a predominantly white area with not many minorities btw. Rent is higher than most places but if you search enough you can find something comfortable. 900-1100

http://www.livelovely.com to search for apartments in Los Feliz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Feliz,_Los_Angeles,_California

http://www.walkscore.com/ Rates the walkability of the apartment you want to live in

Walkability is really important for you if you don't have a car so look for something 85+-- Walkscore will help you out a lot

:smoking :smoking

You're a beast, night. Thanks for the info.

aight...so whats the best i could get for $800-850 a month for a studio...i work in Valencia right now keep in mind and already travel 20mins, but that's not permanent

Back
Top Bottom