Losing friendships with people after they have kids unappreciation

Blazing before you drive your kids to school is kinda irresponsible bruh. Shouldn't be under any influence whatsoever when you have kids in a vehicle.
Blazing before you drive your kids to school is kinda irresponsible bruh. Shouldn't be under any influence whatsoever when you have kids in a vehicle.

i was holdin out hope that he walked to school with one of those oldschool boomboxes on his shoulders.

Funny this thread comes up, I literally just got a text from my boy talking about "come through on saturday it's boys night" I was floored at how I literally forgot dude existed, and this is a top 3 friend for me. Dude had a kid 2 years ago, and fell off the map.

Once you have kids, your family should be your priority. I'm 34 and married with 1 kid, and because I am extremely busy, I rarely kick it with my homeboys (all known for 25 plus years). Between the time I am at work, and the time caring for my daughter (the wife and I work opposite schedules), I barley have enough time for myself. By the time I get off work, it's too late to link up with cats (they work in the AM), and I gotta get up early every day for the for baby. My fam understands this, but when we link, it's still all love. For my homeboys with kids that I still hear are running around like they got no family, I just shake my head. IMO, real men put their family first, and handle business.
this. 

The older you get the less "friends" you have OP. Just a part of life.

My friends are family. Dudes I grew up with and I can go months without speaking to, but when we talk, it's like we never skipped a day.

Bout to see one of my boys next week and get a fifth of crown when I go down south.
This is it right here.  

I haven't seen my partna in about a year.  Him and his lady stay pumping out a new one every summer, but that hasn't changed a thing.  I can still slide through whenever, and stay the night if I please.  I got a few homies like that, and they kids call me Unk  

Some of ya'll seem lifeless
laugh.gif

Now I'm not oblivious like OP. I understood since HS that once you get older, you just lose friends. It's natural. Especially when you have a wife and kids. I understand the responsibilities and priorities that are in place. But, you can still link up with yo peoples every here and there more often than what some of ya'll saying. If it ever gets to the point where I'm kicking some of my supposed best homies once a year, ima just cut that **** off.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Now 4 years later i'm 35 and it's gotten worse as I predicted 4 years ago, friends i talk to daily have fallen under 10 now and not that much more than 5

Dang, I remember this thread :lol:

But yea I still have a few friends from HS I still communicate with. Group chat has kinda revived our friendships tbh :lol:

I haven't seen any of my friends since May. Texted only 4 of them since then. My mental health hasn't been good but i've always been ok with being a loner. Bestfriend had his first kid in June and going to the baptism next month.

Dang, I remember this thread :lol:

But yea I still have a few friends from HS I still communicate with. Group chat has kinda revived our friendships tbh :lol:

The GroupMe then iMessage group chat completely saved all my friendships after college. Its like 15 of us in it and we talk and chat every day. Married with kids, long term relationships, singles, we all in there.

Hardly see my friends now. Kinda bummed about it but its life b. Two of the homies are married wit kids, my cuz has a daughter now and I'm still searching for my purpose. I'm proud of the homies though, everybody's healthy and stable :pimp:

If they don’t have kids themselves...what are we even talking about anymore?

Sports? Politics? Bishes?

Lol nope. Group chats are gold tho. Every year me and my college friends do a girls trip. 3/4 of us are married with kids. Within the group me and my best friend talk everyday. Mainly about our kids lol

Back
Top Bottom