LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

our turn to watch
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

So if they all died on the original Oceanic 815 then the people who died throughout the show died twice?  *#$* is confusing.  Liked how it ended on the island, but I'm still confused about the flash sideways...

NO NO NO NO NO

THE island was REAL. EVERYTHING HAPPENED! The sideways world was the thing that wasn't real. It was a place for them to meet up after they died so they can move on to heaven together.

the alt timeline i think is just a meeting point for them when they all died the plane leaves Australia for LA. a reunion of sorts,   what i dont get is why have jack have a kid in the alt time line and why didnt ben want to be part of the reunion, and where is the cast.  maybe i'm wrong

great show had me hooked from beginning to end, it challenged your brain every week but there were 3 seasons of fluff.  these 6 seasons could be edited down to 3 seasons

The way Kimmel just summed it up was pretty good. I kind of agree with what him and Fox just said. (Minus the part about him dying during that turbulence.)

YUKU and NT on my phone FTL... But, I LOVED this episode and the ending. Could care less about the stuff they didn't answer right now. Maybe we'll get it on the DVD extras or we'll just have to keep rewatching looking for clues. Be back tomorrow. But, man I REALLY loved the ending.

I loved when it hit me what the alt reality might be, when memory hit them it was so strong, i'm like this is after, not a concurrent timeline.

Outstanding series.
pimp.gif
  I don't know where this goes down in TV history, but it's easily the best show I ever followed.  The "reconnecting" montages were very moving, especially Jack's at the end.  Plenty of room for interpretation, but that's what has made this series great imo.

FOR PPL WHO DID NOT UNDERSTAND AND HAVE QUESTIONS, THIS EPISODE WAS VERY SIMPLE. I WROTE THIS TO A GIRL WHO DID NOT GET IT EITHER.

She asked:

-i didn't think about it that way...but i wanted to know WHAT is the island exactly? was it hell or purgatory? and they all died but....how did they leave the island or whatever? what was the point of the flash forwards? lol im so confused! i can't wait to watch jimmy kimmel though hahaha

I wrote:

noooooo..the island has nothing to do with purgatory or hell or anything. Its just an island that basically harvest this energy that people want. Then you have two people are supposed to protect it. One wants off the island while the other one finds candidates to take over because he knows he will die and make sure that *#$%+* doesnt get off..

... See Everything we've watched on the island with them getting stranded, then some leaving while some get caught still there like Sawyer and Juliet in time jumps, all happened and was real. They were alive.

The alternative reality we just watched this whole season, everyone is dead in it. People eventually die right? This timeline could have happened 80 yrs from now when everyone that weve watchd is dead. From all the characters you watched from the old woman, farradays mom to whidmore to the entire cast. Just the main characters we saw found what they were happy with by Desmond who is the constant, and moved on. Ben for instance, still had unfinished business because his daughter didnt recognize him i guess. The alternative universe was limbo.

I'm not shocked to see a lot of people don't understand.

CAN'T wait to read writeups tomorrow DAMN!

They definitely all died in the crash. The images of the wrecked plane in the credits is proof of that.

Originally Posted by truestt

Everything that happened on the Island was real.
They didn't die in the crash.
They all died at individual times (like Boone died after the plane fell on him way back when, Jack died in the bamboo, etc)...the line from Christian about "some die way before you, some long after" was about Hurley and Sawyer and the rest that we didn't see die...we didn't see their deaths, but at some point in history, they die.
The sideways was heaven's waiting room where they would all meet up again once they were all dead.
How can this be true?

A few epsiodes back Michael came and talked to Hurley and told him whoever dies on the island stays on the island. Am i mistaken of that?

Also how come Faraday(sp) wasn't invited to the ending?

Thought the ending of island scene was pretty good, not great just average. The ending of flash sideways was garbage. If they are all dead how are they interacting with other people in there life. Like Locke with his girlfriend.

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

So if they all died on the original Oceanic 815 then the people who died throughout the show died twice?  *#$* is confusing.  Liked how it ended on the island, but I'm still confused about the flash sideways...

NO NO NO NO NO

THE island was REAL. EVERYTHING HAPPENED! The sideways world was the thing that wasn't real. It was a place for them to meet up after they died so they can move on to heaven together.
That makes a lot more sense.  So the flash sideways was them meeting in afterlife sometime down the road.  Good $$#$.  Damn, weak that it's over.  
frown.gif

Great ending, I am also wondering why Ben didn't want to join them. I was a bit confused at first but the sideways timeline was for the meeting point. They should put walt or mike in there but I guess mike is wondering the island. If Jack died before some others why did they wait for him to walk into the church? Was he not ready to move on? Was he harder to convince to move on?

Back
Top Bottom