LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

supermanpunch.gif

Just saw the finale since I had to drive my dad to LAX Sunday night, so this is what I think happened.

The entire event on the island did happen. The alternate timeline was purgatory as previously mentioned in this thread. The reason certain people weren't at the church, such as Michael and Walt, was because their bond with the rest of the characters wasn't as significant. Michael appeared insane going after his son in the jungle when it was known to be dangerous and Walt left the island prematurely breaking or deteriorating his ties with the rest of the characters of the island, so it wasn't as important. Libby was there because she did have a connection with Hugo. Eko was not there because he had already believed what he did was right, so that was why he was not in the church and was seen leaving with his brother Yemi in the episode in which he died. The reason Ben stayed back was because he still had to repent for his sins with the whole mass murder of the Dharma Initiative, so he's unable to go to Heaven, yet.

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

It was the Dress.......man, I never liked Kate before that dress
Man that made my heart hurt. ^
Dudes pulled out the big guns cuz they knew people were gonna be pissed. You know they thought of that dress season 4 and sat on it.
laugh.gif

Finale summed it up for me. I thought it was good. Of course I would have liked some other trivial things answered but they really have no actual meaning to the story. I am really sad that the show ended though. I wish there was more to write about with out making it pointless.

One thing I always wondered about was the significance of alcohol in Lost.

nycknicks alluded to it with the scene where horace was drinking near the sonar fence.

One other scene that stuck out to me was when MIB came to recruit Sawyer and saywer poured the MIB a drink. MIB smelled it and put it down.

NYCKNICKS -- WHERE ARE YOU??? TELL US ALL THE THINGS YOU COULDN"T TELL US!!!!!

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Juilet > Kate in the dress > Alex
Alex fell off so damn bad when I found out the actress whos like early 20s is dating Jeff Goldblum. 
indifferent.gif

Falcon4567 wrote:

supermanpunch.gif

I jumped out my seat when Jack pulled out the dragon punch. I thought notLocke was gonna hit him back with that kamehameha or some +*@+. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

supermanpunch.gif
Thank you!! Right Click Save As... 

The most entertaining scene IMO of the finale.  A handicap vs a surgeon to the death!
laugh.gif

I thought I could stay away but when I saw this I just had to...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

When I put a laughing emotion, it's because I was dying laughing at how CORNY it was.  Everything from all these emotional tear jerker scenes to Jack jumping from a rock like a KUNG FU master was just too much. 
You really thought Jack jumped from the rock like a kung fu master?
roll.gif
Dude had higher ground, took advantage of that and had his fist raised to attack. You acting like he did the bicycle kick or the helicopter kick to take Locke down.
To ANSWER your question and after watching it again... YES it looked like a freaking scene from Crouching Tiger
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

supermanpunch.gif
Thank you!! Right Click Save As... 

The most entertaining scene IMO of the finale.  A handicap vs a surgeon to the death!
laugh.gif

I thought I could stay away but when I saw this I just had to...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

When I put a laughing emotion, it's because I was dying laughing at how CORNY it was.  Everything from all these emotional tear jerker scenes to Jack jumping from a rock like a KUNG FU master was just too much. 
You really thought Jack jumped from the rock like a kung fu master?
roll.gif
Dude had higher ground, took advantage of that and had his fist raised to attack. You acting like he did the bicycle kick or the helicopter kick to take Locke down.
To ANSWER you question and after watching it again... YES it looked like a freaking scene from Crouching Tiger
laugh.gif
I can understand getting pissed cuz people are saying your favorite show of all time is on some bulls**t. But how you gonna get mad because of the way a shot looked to someone? Jack was on his Dragon Ball Z for a second there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

NYCKNICKS -- WHERE ARE YOU??? TELL US ALL THE THINGS YOU COULDN"T TELL US!!!!!

That dude knew noting beyond spoilers posted at different websites and fooled a lot of people.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Those of you that liked the series finale really think this wasn't done on the fly?

I liked it but I really feel that seasons 4-6 was planned writing and development and seasons 1-3 wasn't.
Im thinking you mean the opposite, 1-3 was planned writing and development while 4-6 wasnt...
if not, pass whatever you are smoking over here.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by DubA169

yeah, yeah the whole show not answering mysteries is allegorical to mankinds search for meaning....

or they just winged it after they wrote themselves into a corner. I personally think that is the case.

laugh.gif
This dude can't "let go."
Why do lost fans get mad that people dont think this is gods gift to us. The writing was great at the beginning the end I dont know where they went. I liked the show but it was really disappointing.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

no man... i just wanted the answers to fit in with the rest of the series. that's all. i wanted it to be one cohesive story. i wanted to be able to re-watch the series without seeing dozens of dead ends.

the last episode itself was beautifully done. But the series to me is fundamentally flawed. i can't recommend it to a friend without saying, "don't get caught up in anything mysterious, it goes nowhere"
You got caught up in the mystery wayyyyy too much, that's your fault.

it's not my fault at all man. It wasn't subtle, they hammered it into your head that Walt and Aaron were supposed to be special. i didn't make that up in any form.

that's cool that you love the show but you can't just dismiss criticism by saying the audience is at fault for caring about mysteries that the show introduced. 
COULDN'T agree with you more

EBW ....
laugh.gif

But, I agree. I also think "The End" was the best episode of any show I have ever watched. I. DONT. CARE. WHAT. ANYBODY. SAYS. Call me a Stan, fan boy, whatever it doesn't change my view.... It was a GREAT ending to the GREATEST show I ever watched!!!

Sorry can't quote on my phone...

But yes I feel seasons 1-3 was just buildng & building to nothing..especially season 3. Glad they ended there with all worthless plot lines. I felt seasons 4-6 flowed better as a story.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

EBW ....
laugh.gif

But, I agree. I also think "The End" was the best episode of any show I have ever watched. I. DONT. CARE. WHAT. ANYBODY. SAYS. Call me a Stan, fan boy, whatever it doesn't change my view.... It was a GREAT ending to the GREATEST show I ever watched!!!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I agree with franchise3.

If you don't want to explain something, don't introduce it.

They could've been "spiritual" the entire time. No, they gave us superhuman kids, scientific experiments, island-driving, time travel, electro-magnetism, multi-million dollar conspiracies, Egyptian mythology, distant history, etc.

"That's just how it is" isn't good enough.

Originally Posted by Crook

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

no man... i just wanted the answers to fit in with the rest of the series. that's all. i wanted it to be one cohesive story. i wanted to be able to re-watch the series without seeing dozens of dead ends.

the last episode itself was beautifully done. But the series to me is fundamentally flawed. i can't recommend it to a friend without saying, "don't get caught up in anything mysterious, it goes nowhere"
You got caught up in the mystery wayyyyy too much, that's your fault.
it's not my fault at all man. It wasn't subtle, they hammered it into your head that Walt and Aaron were supposed to be special. i didn't make that up in any form.

that's cool that you love the show but you can't just dismiss criticism by saying the audience is at fault for caring about mysteries that the show introduced. 
COULDN'T agree with you more
THIS...and this

A lot of mysteries were just plot devices, like Ben lying to people or Kate ruining everything. They were a way to get from one moment to another with a little twist and intrigue. I think they thought up a perfect season for people who only watched the first season and maybe the second. The sixth season itself was good, great if you missed a lot of these characters in their main arcs and weren't waiting for the last 2 or 3 seasons to be justified.

Back
Top Bottom