Luka Doncic signs with Jordan Brand

Athletes that sign to JB always get overshadowed by MJ's classic models. Luka was better off signing with Nike or another brand.

but you could say the same about Nike with Lebron and Kobe

It's going to depend on the PE models or signature model

Most people don’t realize the monster Jordan Brand is...they brought in $3.1 billion in 2018, while Nike’s basketball businesses (LeBron, Kobe, KD, Kyrie, etc) brought in $1.6 billion.... simply incredible how far the Jordan name is going. They posted their first 1 Billion dollar QUARTER. A subsidiary is bringing in more revenue than whole sportswear companies like adidas and Puma -Incredible.

The majority of JB’s revenue is from retros and apparel though. Newer JB models simply don’t have appeal in the non-performance/casual wear market where JB is making the bulk of it’s money.

Athletes that sign to JB always get overshadowed by MJ's classic models. Luka was better off signing with Nike or another brand.

It’s clear they are doing this to push new models. Retros already sell on their own strength but I honestly can’t think of the last AJ sig that had mass casualwear appeal like Kyrie’s line does, for example.

It’s clear they are doing this to push new models. Retros already sell on their own strength but I honestly can’t think of the last AJ sig that had mass casualwear appeal like Kyrie’s line does, for example.

I don't find Kyrie's to have any casual appeal. I have every Kyrie model besides that ugly fly trap model, and had no desire to wear them anywhere but the gym.

I don't find Kyrie's to have any casual appeal. I have every Kyrie model besides that ugly fly trap model, and had no desire to wear them anywhere but the gym.

I actually agree with you-I had a pair of the Kyrie 2s a few years ago and sold them since I didn’t find them particularly comfortable nor were they as good as my LeBron 11s and 12s or AJ XX9s for gym use. That said, IRRC, they are the bestselling Nike basketball line. Kids seem to love them moreso than any other signature line (just go to a populated mall or amusement part in the US) and they’re sold at an accessible pricepoint.

Last kyrie that had casual appeal are 1s they were nice.

I mean yall can do shorts as like almost all of nike sig shoes and the newer models but with pants it aint it for me.

I read an article yesterday cant find it now, but it said expect more top tier players to sign with JB. As Nike is kinda tapped out and putting a slight hold on signing new top teir guys because they've got so much money sunk into Lebron, KD, Kyrie, PG, and now Giannis. So they're planning on diverting them to JB for the foreseeable future. Kinda made sense, because I'm sure Nike would have loved to bring on Zion and Luka, most of their sig guys are on the back end of their careers and I dont see any of them except maybe Lebron being able to push retros once their careers are done.

Last kyrie that had casual appeal are 1s they were nice.

I mean yall can do shorts as like almost all of nike sig shoes and the newer models but with pants it aint it for me.

The issue is, newer performance models simply don’t look good with jeans or pants. Too bulky and/or plasticky and the tech used simply doesn’t go well with normal, casualwear fits.

The majority of JB’s revenue is from retros and apparel though. Newer JB models simply don’t have appeal in the non-performance/casual wear market where JB is making the bulk of it’s money.
Their catalog is probably 85% retro / lifestyle / sportswear and maybe 15% performance. The trend is controlling that, Jordan is riding the wave. No one is really wearing new models outside the gym. Nike and Jordan have reduced their new models, other brands have followed suit.

No one is really wearing new models outside the gym. Nike and Jordan have reduced their new models, other brands have followed suit.

Yeezys aren’t considered “new models”? What about the React Element line? 270s? Adidas NMD and UBs are both less than 4-6 years old, respectively.

My point was that JB doesn’t have any casual appeal outside of retros. JB just puts out trash new models for casual wear. I honestly can’t think of the last new model-performance or otherwise they’ve created which has had a lasting impact on casual wear.

For those interested, this is the Jordan brand blog on the signing:

Great interview in it w/ Luka... MFFL.

Last edited:
Luka has been wearing the Jumpman Diamond alot... interested to see if they use him to push that price friendly shoe

Hope this is the correct thread but :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
889EF91E-1395-49CB-8291-82FC089F7244.png

Zions shoe wouldve prob been a hit had he played this season. Kids are going to want the shoes the guy who keeps showing up in highlight reels with monster dunks is wearing. Thats how it was in the 90s and how it would be today with someone like zion f-ing s*** up like those boys in the past. Crazy dunks sell sneakers. All JB has to do is not make it look like utter trash (westbrooks) and its an easy W.

Zion is hard to hate, he’s extremely likable with broad appeal. If he comes back with the same tenacity this is JBs best shot at a successful sig model. If theyre hell bent on making the shoe gaudy and maximum extra then itll be just another tryhard sneaker in a sea of tryhard sneakers and business as usual for JB.

They need a new Tinker like I need Jesus right now

I read an article yesterday cant find it now, but it said expect more top tier players to sign with JB. As Nike is kinda tapped out and putting a slight hold on signing new top teir guys because they've got so much money sunk into Lebron, KD, Kyrie, PG, and now Giannis. So they're planning on diverting them to JB for the foreseeable future. Kinda made sense, because I'm sure Nike would have loved to bring on Zion and Luka, most of their sig guys are on the back end of their careers and I dont see any of them except maybe Lebron being able to push retros once their careers are done.

This makes sense

Especially with Zion probably done for the season....signing Luka is such a smart move. I like his swag and kid can flat out ball. Can’t wait to see PEs and see him in more retros off court. I actually think he has more off court appeal than Zion at this point bc Zion is a terrible dresser.

No ,you are wrong . It is not the same

What in the world are you talking about?

How are you going to say I'm wrong about an opinion. :lol:

JB just made a billion last quarter. Lebron KD, PG, Kobe and Kyrie and Nike basketball are down overall.

So what am I wrong about :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom