Luka Doncic signs with Jordan Brand

Jimmy Butler parted ways with JB. Does this mean more focus on the other athletes? Blake Griffin still with JB right?

JB needs to get Luka some better kicks and they need to be in red. Thats his fav color. Last night he came on the court wearing a pair of red CP3s XII pes. A few minutes into the game, he switched right back to the diamond lows. He keeps going back to the diamonds, so they just need to hook him up with some sick vibrant colorways to match Luka's personality.

I thought they came out with all read jumpman diamonds? Give me a mavs colorway or all red XXXIV.

JB needs to get Luka some better kicks and they need to be in red. Thats his fav color. Last night he came on the court wearing a pair of red CP3s XII pes. A few minutes into the game, he switched right back to the diamond lows. He keeps going back to the diamonds, so they just need to hook him up with some sick vibrant colorways to match Luka's personality.
I thought blue was his favorite color?

Hmmm Here’s an idea, why doesn’t Jordan do what Kobe is trying to do with his protros? Give the JB athletes Proto versions with updated tech and slight design upgrades start from Jordan 1-23. Release 2 pro tros per year . I swear who makes decisions at JB?

Hmmm Here’s an idea, why doesn’t Jordan do what Kobe is trying to do with his protros? Give the JB athletes Proto versions with updated tech and slight design upgrades start from Jordan 1-23. Release 2 pro tros per year . I swear who makes decisions at JB?

Money is in catering to the lowest common denominator, not enthusiasts.

Retros and rereleasing old models in different colors is an easy way to print money.

Wonder what's gonna happen with that supposed Zion sig that was supposed to drop all star weekend? Think they'll rebadged it and gift it to like to wear?

im in nyc too and I see mostly young hoopers wear Kyrie and KD. Not so much Harden. LeBron gonna have his core audience. But even his act is getting tired with the **** colorways.
You'd go ****ing BANKRUPT trying to keep up with CURRENT colorways for Bron's sneakers. Is it in the teens now? The colorways dropped of just his current model?

D4C9C1A2-F26E-4F1C-ABC4-F17483AADBB3.jpeg

I didn’t hear abouta Zion sig.....any more details??

JS”

I'll have to dig up the article it was right after he signed, but it basically said he'd carry the 34 until around All-Star break. Then most likely have his sig release around the ASG. Also stated the pitch was to be JB from the get go, never Nike and broke down the week or so Nike/JB courted him officially.With him missing so much time, they could have scrapped it, or moved it to next year though.

I didn’t hear abouta Zion sig.....any more details??

JS”

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27289111/every-twist-turn-zion-sneaker-chase

Excerpt:
"Though the Swoosh was present, the plan from the start was for this to be a Jordan Brand pitch, grounded in the belief that Williamson could take the $3 billion sub-brand of Nike Inc. centered around the Air Jordan line to even greater heights. He would potentially wear the upcoming Air Jordan 34, the brand's flagship annual model that Michael Jordan himself made famous during his playing career. Eventually, he would receive his own signature Jordan Brand model, with a reveal of that sneaker coming as early as All-Star Weekend in Chicago, Jordan's home for most of his professional playing career."

First off; long time #MFFL, sneaker head and NT member.... so this thread is amazing in so many different ways for me. And I’m so glad i get to see this guy up close on a daily basis.

Second, yeah he totally loves red. Luka wore it a ton his rookie season and this season with various Kobe IV and other Nike’s and Jordans... so it would only feel right or have a bright red (infrared) colorway for his signature shoes in the future.

Which brings me to this question, why does Zion get a sig before Luka? Zion definitely has potential, but hasn’t played an NBA minute.

Meanwhile, Luka is an MVP candidate and the current leading vote getter in the west for the all star game.

There is no possible way Jordan can seriously market a shoe during the ASG for a player who hasn’t played a game yet with the most marketable player in the league on your roster.

First off; long time #MFFL, sneaker head and NT member.... so this thread is amazing in so many different ways for me. And I’m so glad i get to see this guy up close on a daily basis.

Second, yeah he totally loves red. Luka wore it a ton his rookie season and this season with various Kobe IV and other Nike’s and Jordans... so it would only feel right or have a bright red (infrared) colorway for his signature shoes in the future.

Which brings me to this question, why does Zion get a sig before Luka? Zion definitely has potential, but hasn’t played an NBA minute.

Meanwhile, Luka is an MVP candidate and the current leading vote getter in the west for the all star game.

There is no possible way Jordan can seriously market a shoe during the ASG for a player who hasn’t played a game yet with the most marketable player in the league on your roster.

Luka is the real deal. He’s really turning around the Mavs franchise and he’s doing it consistently game in and game out. If he continues to play as he has, I believe he’ll get a sig. From a marketing standpoint though, Zion is much bigger draw. With social media being what it is, he’s been followed and chronicled since high school. They hype surrounding him has been ridiculous. He’s a high flyer and has such athleticism and force especially in his dunking abilities that he’s “must watch” television. Zion just has “it” and because of such he’s more than likely going to reach more casual fans of the game in addition to real fans which makes him the favorite to get the sig first. I don’t think it’s a slight on Luka it’s just utlitizing the most marketable athlete. Zion just has the Wow/awe (what is he going to do next) factor.

JS”

Luka has more appeal in Europe though. I honestly see them getting very similar marketing reach in the future.

It’s wild those are hoop shoes. look more like trainers

Back
Top Bottom