Lupe Fiasco disappointed me last night #pause

Before continuing, might I would like to mention I am a HUGE Lupe fan. Own all Mixtapes, both Albums are incredible, dude is on a whole other level of word play, story telling, and visualizing with his lyrics. 
Was super stoked he was performing one last time in the year 2010 last night at Georgetown University, and went out to catch the show......  

first of all, dude wants to be like Mc Jagger and rock out, did like 3 rock tracks (maybe Japanese cartoon?) that were cool I guess, but not what people came to see.

Georgetown loafed on the preparation, dudes Microphone malfunctioned like 3 times, and the constant 30 second pauses were really killing the vibe of the concert ( I was super smacked)

And what ticked me off the most, "his" new single, "the show goes on" was aborted twice when performing. Lupe would get into the middle of the first verse legit stop, cut the music, and claim "he doesn't know the lyrics to the song." The first time I figured he was teasing the crowd, being a showmen, but he tried it again, and seriously couldn't finish the first verse.
ohwell.gif

I would never believe that Lupe wouldn't write his own material, but this was just so weird to me.

I have seen him perform one time before at The University of Maryland back in 2008 and it was fire, dude killed it.   

I kinda want my $25.00 and Halloween Saturday evening back. 

Before continuing, might I would like to mention I am a HUGE Lupe fan. Own all Mixtapes, both Albums are incredible, dude is on a whole other level of word play, story telling, and visualizing with his lyrics. 
Was super stoked he was performing one last time in the year 2010 last night at Georgetown University, and went out to catch the show......  

first of all, dude wants to be like Mc Jagger and rock out, did like 3 rock tracks (maybe Japanese cartoon?) that were cool I guess, but not what people came to see.

Georgetown loafed on the preparation, dudes Microphone malfunctioned like 3 times, and the constant 30 second pauses were really killing the vibe of the concert ( I was super smacked)

And what ticked me off the most, "his" new single, "the show goes on" was aborted twice when performing. Lupe would get into the middle of the first verse legit stop, cut the music, and claim "he doesn't know the lyrics to the song." The first time I figured he was teasing the crowd, being a showmen, but he tried it again, and seriously couldn't finish the first verse.
ohwell.gif

I would never believe that Lupe wouldn't write his own material, but this was just so weird to me.

I have seen him perform one time before at The University of Maryland back in 2008 and it was fire, dude killed it.   

I kinda want my $25.00 and Halloween Saturday evening back. 

if its a brand new song that he doesnt like that much i could see him havin trouble remembering the verses... especially with as fast as he raps in them...

sounds like the blame goes to the venue...

if its a brand new song that he doesnt like that much i could see him havin trouble remembering the verses... especially with as fast as he raps in them...

sounds like the blame goes to the venue...

This show was the same set I've seen (for the most part) already twice on the Steppin Lasers Tour... I thought it was good. The rock tracks were Japanese Cartoon stuff, Solar Midnight, National Anthem, & a freestyle of Prodigy's "Girls".

Maybe its just me... But I like the rock / rap combo (With any artist)... I guess it just depends on preference. A lot of people aren't used to it with Lupe.

This show was the same set I've seen (for the most part) already twice on the Steppin Lasers Tour... I thought it was good. The rock tracks were Japanese Cartoon stuff, Solar Midnight, National Anthem, & a freestyle of Prodigy's "Girls".

Maybe its just me... But I like the rock / rap combo (With any artist)... I guess it just depends on preference. A lot of people aren't used to it with Lupe.

That's odd...he's definitely impressed the two times I've seen him perform in person. Dude really puts a lot of energy out there.

That's odd...he's definitely impressed the two times I've seen him perform in person. Dude really puts a lot of energy out there.

laugh.gif
Damn

You was so honest with it you made a pretty potent impression on me of Lupe in concert. I'm almost turned off on seeing him live over here. I don't like that single and it seems he don't either. Should've just done I'm Beaming.

Guess it might be time for him to dumb it down.

laugh.gif
Damn

You was so honest with it you made a pretty potent impression on me of Lupe in concert. I'm almost turned off on seeing him live over here. I don't like that single and it seems he don't either. Should've just done I'm Beaming.

Guess it might be time for him to dumb it down.

I Was There...I Liked The Show, Liked The Rock Songs

And I Thought The 'Forgot The Words Joke' Was Pretty Funny
roll.gif

Got Vids I Can Up If Anyone Cares To See

roll.gif

Got Vids I Can Up If Anyone Cares To See

Originally Posted by UnCalled4Boy

roll.gif