Macbook

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

I made the jump from PC to my Macbook in 2008 and its still goin strong.
I had run through a few PCs before that and they never lasted more than two years.
Im a graphic designer, so Ive put it through a lot and its never failed me.

On a sidenote, wait for the next update to cop, cause youll be pissed if you buy one now and they come out with new joints later in the year like me
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Those who purchase their macbook within a month of the new laptops coming out, save your receipt.
My friend purchased an apple and 3 weeks later the new laptops came out. I went back with her to Apple and they gave her a choice of the new macbook or $200 off.

She took the $200 off. 
pimp.gif

Edit: She also used a student discount on the original purchase. She ended up saving like $400 between student discount and the refunded amount.

Originally Posted by onlyXVbutHAVEallXIX

I made the jump from PC to my Macbook in 2008 and its still goin strong.
I had run through a few PCs before that and they never lasted more than two years.
Im a graphic designer, so Ive put it through a lot and its never failed me.

On a sidenote, wait for the next update to cop, cause youll be pissed if you buy one now and they come out with new joints later in the year like me
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Those who purchase their macbook within a month of the new laptops coming out, save your receipt.
My friend purchased an apple and 3 weeks later the new laptops came out. I went back with her to Apple and they gave her a choice of the new macbook or $200 off.

She took the $200 off. 
pimp.gif

Edit: She also used a student discount on the original purchase. She ended up saving like $400 between student discount and the refunded amount.

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

business majors should get a PC. i got a mac and have to go to the damn library to use access cause Macs dont have it
just get VM fusion its only like $30 bucks and you will be able to do anything on your mac that you need for class on your PC

i was a business/finance major i thought the same thing but i graduated with a mac
pimp.gif

business majors should get a PC. i got a mac and have to go to the damn library to use access cause Macs dont have it
just get VM fusion its only like $30 bucks and you will be able to do anything on your mac that you need for class on your PC

i was a business/finance major i thought the same thing but i graduated with a mac
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i love my mac, had it for almost 3 years. not once has it froze or had any problems. runs exactly the same as it did the day i bought it and still fast as it was that day (yes serious)

if you got the money, get a mac seriously. you will not regret it
same here, i've only had mine for 1.5 years though.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i love my mac, had it for almost 3 years. not once has it froze or had any problems. runs exactly the same as it did the day i bought it and still fast as it was that day (yes serious)

if you got the money, get a mac seriously. you will not regret it
same here, i've only had mine for 1.5 years though.

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Are the new ones that are coming out going to be the same price? 

should be. To keep the rumor mill spinning heres some new rumors on the new Macbooks.

New MacBook Pro Rumors: Dedicated OS X SSD and Larger Trackpad
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/mattsavoca/mbp2011.png[table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td][td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 500x306.[/td][/tr][/table]
mbp2011.png

The title pretty much says it all. with reports that the first retailers and Apple retail locations allegedly receiving their shipments of the next generation MacBook Pros, new rumors have begun to pour in regarding the soon-to-be-refreshed product.

The first, It looks like the new MacBook Pros will feature a MacBook Air-like SSD that will be large enough to hold the OS X core files. This would dramatically increase system speeds, and would allow for boot times similar to the 2010 MacBook Air. It is likely that the notebooks will still include a regular spinning hard drive in order to allow users to have more disk space than the MacBook Air.

The other rumor coming in today is that the trackpad for the new MacBook pro will be even larger than the current models. There's also word that the new notebooks could be as much as 0.5 pounds lighter than current models, which would mean the 13 inch model would approach the weight of the MacBook Air, although it is unlikely that the new MacBook pro will feature the same slim form-factor, as it is expected that the new line will still feature an optical drive.

We'll probably have our answers to whether these rumors are true very soon. All signs point to the release of the new MacBook Pros this week, likely by Thursday.

Source:
MacRumors
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/21...-larger-trackpads-dedicated-ssd-for-mac-os-x/
[/td][/tr][/table]SSDs ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by McRaptor

Are the new ones that are coming out going to be the same price? 

should be. To keep the rumor mill spinning heres some new rumors on the new Macbooks.

New MacBook Pro Rumors: Dedicated OS X SSD and Larger Trackpad
[table][tr][td]
http://modmyi.com/images/mattsavoca/mbp2011.png[table][tr][td]
wol_error.gif
[/td][td]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 500x306.[/td][/tr][/table]
mbp2011.png

The title pretty much says it all. with reports that the first retailers and Apple retail locations allegedly receiving their shipments of the next generation MacBook Pros, new rumors have begun to pour in regarding the soon-to-be-refreshed product.

The first, It looks like the new MacBook Pros will feature a MacBook Air-like SSD that will be large enough to hold the OS X core files. This would dramatically increase system speeds, and would allow for boot times similar to the 2010 MacBook Air. It is likely that the notebooks will still include a regular spinning hard drive in order to allow users to have more disk space than the MacBook Air.

The other rumor coming in today is that the trackpad for the new MacBook pro will be even larger than the current models. There's also word that the new notebooks could be as much as 0.5 pounds lighter than current models, which would mean the 13 inch model would approach the weight of the MacBook Air, although it is unlikely that the new MacBook pro will feature the same slim form-factor, as it is expected that the new line will still feature an optical drive.

We'll probably have our answers to whether these rumors are true very soon. All signs point to the release of the new MacBook Pros this week, likely by Thursday.

Source:
MacRumors
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/21...-larger-trackpads-dedicated-ssd-for-mac-os-x/
[/td][/tr][/table]SSDs ftw
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

pimp.gif
i'm a business major as well.  i've never heard of the vm fusion program, sounds good for $30.
the only problem i have now with my blackbook is i need a new battery.  i've had it for 4 years, i probably surpassed a few hundred cycles 2 years ago.  
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
i'm a business major as well.  i've never heard of the vm fusion program, sounds good for $30.
the only problem i have now with my blackbook is i need a new battery.  i've had it for 4 years, i probably surpassed a few hundred cycles 2 years ago.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Try VirtualBox. Its a free open source alternative to the VM Ware products. I feel Virtual Box is alot more user friendly. http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

All you need is a Windows dvd or image file.

Originally Posted by shogun

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Try VirtualBox. Its a free open source alternative to the VM Ware products. I feel Virtual Box is alot more user friendly. http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

All you need is a Windows dvd or image file.

I don't think its the best idea for a complete noob to go try out the macs by themselves in the store..b4 I got mine I used to go every week but had no idea what I was doing. Its better to find some1 that has a mac and show u what to do instead..or ask one of the billion employees working at the store to teach u.

I also like my imac a lot more than pcs cuz it doesn't come with a huge ugly tower. Its amazing how they fit everything in such a thin monitor and still manages to run smooth.

I don't think its the best idea for a complete noob to go try out the macs by themselves in the store..b4 I got mine I used to go every week but had no idea what I was doing. Its better to find some1 that has a mac and show u what to do instead..or ask one of the billion employees working at the store to teach u.

I also like my imac a lot more than pcs cuz it doesn't come with a huge ugly tower. Its amazing how they fit everything in such a thin monitor and still manages to run smooth.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

You know there are similar PCs with the form factor as the iMacs right?

I believe they offer a good amount of Mac classes at Apple stores these days and even iPad and iPhone classes too. But yeah just messing with a Mac device wont make you really understand how it works their are so many little secrets they have in OSX that the average person wouldnt pick up.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

You know there are similar PCs with the form factor as the iMacs right?

I believe they offer a good amount of Mac classes at Apple stores these days and even iPad and iPhone classes too. But yeah just messing with a Mac device wont make you really understand how it works their are so many little secrets they have in OSX that the average person wouldnt pick up.

Yes I know there are pcs that are like imacs but they don't look as nice, pricey, and don't perform as well imo..plus I don't like the stretched look of pc widescreens..overall not very appealing and they're made by companies like hp and dell which I would never ever buy

Yes I know there are pcs that are like imacs but they don't look as nice, pricey, and don't perform as well imo..plus I don't like the stretched look of pc widescreens..overall not very appealing and they're made by companies like hp and dell which I would never ever buy

Back
Top Bottom