Man Films Terrifying Moment Neighbor Chops Down Front Door With Machete; Shoots attacker 3 times

Because I've been accused in the past of being disinterested in having a fair and balanced discussion on gun ownership:
[h1]  [/h1]
[h1]Man Films Terrifying Moment Neighbor Chops Down Front Door With Machete[/h1]

Twain Thomas was sentenced to 15 years in prison last week after chopping down his neighbor's front door last February with a machete, apparently attempting to kill. The neighbor, James Cvengros, filmed the break-in and stopped Thomas by shooting him three times in the chest. "I know they were terrified," Thomas, 54, said in his sentencing.

Thomas broke into the apartments of two of his neighbors last February in Pocatello, Idaho, with a large machete, the Idaho State Journal reports. Thomas first hacked through the door of another resident on his floor. After the woman living in the apartment managed to chase him off, Thomas went to floor below and began chopping away at the door of Cvengros and his girlfriend's apartment.

In the video Cvengros recorded, you can see Thomas cut his way through the door and Cvengros threatening to shoot before shots can be heard. The video cuts off after Cvengros fires, but the audio continues. The footage was played during Thomas' sentencing hearing last week.

"If he hadn't been shot at that time, then we would be looking at a murder case, not an attempted murder case," Cvengros told KIDK.

Last February's incident was apparently not Cvengros' first run-in with Thomas: he told theIdaho State Journal that his upstairs neighbor kicked in his front door after complaining that their music was too loud. That incident, Cvengros told the paper, was what propelled him to buy the gun he would later use to shoot Thomas.

Mark Corgiat, Thomas' neuropsychologist, testified that his patient—a military veteran—suffers from PTSD and frontal lobe damage from a car accident he was in as a teen.

"His fight-or-flight is constantly on overdrive," Corgiat said in court.

Thomas pled guilty to one count of second degree attempted murder and aggravated assault; he was sentenced to five years fixed and 10 years indeterminate.

pdlz7n0injouwekjmk3h.jpg

Without the gun, dude probably murders them.

It's also worth noting though, that as a military vet and employee, the dude with the machete was legally entitled to own an assault rifle if he chose.

Last edited:
In before NT says, guy should have talked to the guy before shooting him.
If the other side of NT had their way, the guy coming through the door would have had a gun too though.

BTW... he did talk to him before he shot him.

Last edited:
Door was made out of origami cranes.

Dude came crashing through that door like a cardboard version of breakaway glass.

Door is crazy flimsy, landlord should be ashamed of himself for cutting corners that drastically.

First time I heard of someone getting a door from the salvation army

Dude came through that door like it was just a minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
The funniest part about the whole video is noticing this dude wasted time installing 2 extra locks on the door

Dude came through it in literally 10 seconds starting at :25 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Locks ain't doing nothing for you when your door is made out of pencil shavings

Last edited:
this looked like a scene from jason :wow:
dudes steel toe size 15 and a half wide boots coming through a door and the light flickering off the machete

Smh at trying to lead into that dumb *** "if NT" argument like a machete isn't a weapon, and the guy wasn't clearly attacking. Nope. Happy MLK day.

yikes .... remind me to make sure my next place's door is machete proof...

also, heard that apartment/condo living situations, a shotty is better since handgun bullets can penetrate the walls but iono either way 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Smh at trying to lead into that dumb *** "if NT" argument like a machete isn't a weapon, and the guy wasn't clearly attacking. Nope. Happy MLK day.
Can't tell if that's directed at me, the person above me, or someone else.

NT Logic : The guy should have shot the floor and let the ricochet hit the machete blade, thus knocking the machete out of the attacker's hand.

Last edited:
Bruhs, I know this was some serious **** like this dude came in to take a life or two, but after I saw that door crumble away I couldn't stop laughing....I've had a harder time opening up some plastic packaging than that dude did breaking that door down :rofl:

The funniest part about the whole video is noticing this dude wasted time installing 2 extra locks on the door

Dude came through it in literally 10 seconds starting at :25  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  

Locks ain't doing nothing for you when your door is made out of pencil shavings
i thought the same thing like those locks werent ish when a 10yr old could run thru that door at full speed

Gotta be the weakest door known to man

Last edited:
Toilet paper door tho, son probably forgets to close his door all he gotta do is blow

Last edited:
Bruhs, I know this was some serious **** like this dude came in to take a life or two, but after I saw that door crumble away I couldn't stop laughing....I've had a harder time opening up some plastic packaging than that dude did breaking that door down :rofl:
its harder to twist a sealed lid off a jar than to bust thru that door

Back
Top Bottom