Mangini, head coach of the Cleveland Browns- update: Rob Ryan to join him as DC

Browns | Mangini's hiring increases Crennel returning to team
Wed, 07 Jan 2009 14:50:13 -0800
Tony Grossi and Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, report the Cleveland Browns' hiring ofEric Mangini as head coach increases the possibility of former head coach Romeo Crennel staying with the organization, possibly as defensive coordinator.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Tony Grossi and Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, report the Cleveland Browns' hiring of Eric Mangini as head coach increases the possibility of former head coach Romeo Crennel staying with the organization, possibly as defensive coordinator.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

I like Mangini, reminds me of Kevin James
Right down to the horrible movies he makes.

Maybe this is one big PR stunt to promote Mall Cop.

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Tony Grossi and Mary Kay Cabot, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, report the Cleveland Browns' hiring of Eric Mangini as head coach increases the possibility of former head coach Romeo Crennel staying with the organization, possibly as defensive coordinator.
wow
laugh.gif

frown.gif
NOOOOOOO!!!!

Mangini hired Raiders' DC Rob Ryan in a lateral move to Brown's DC and Jets QB coach Brian Daboll to OC. Per ESPN scroll...

He want's no part of Schottenheimer or Sutton... and neither do I.

My only hope now is Rex Ryan is hired and cleans house.
tired.gif

I swear... if Schottenheimer becomes our HC I'm renouncing my sig and will be a Niner's fan.
2u94kmh.jpg

Time to edit the sig...
smh.gif

Rob Ryan is a terrible coordinator, this is coming from someone who has watched every sinlge raider game for the past 8 years of my life.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

I like Mangini, reminds me of Kevin James
lol. that should help him bring the browns to the superbowl

cleveland is where NFL coaches' careers go to die

he wasn't a terrible coach for the jets (favre helped speed his release more than anyone), but he could've done more for the team

Have fun watching your coach show ZERO emotion Cleveland fans...(not a shot, just speaking from experience as a Jet fan)

If that doesnt sound like a problem, just wait and see...

I lost count how many times I wanted to reach through the tv and grab this guy by his shoulders and yell at him cause he damn sure wasnt doing any yellingduring the game.

thing is..Mangini will prob be a better coach there...since he'll prob learn from his mistakes

still glad Jets got rid of him though

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

thing is..Mangini will prob be a better coach there...since he'll prob learn from his mistakes

still glad Jets got rid of him though

I doubt it. I don't think he'll turn Cleveland around really.

Shanahan left OAK >>>> won multiple SB

Belicheat left Cleveland >>>> won multiple SB

Gruden left OAK >>>>> won SB

Dungy left Tampa >>>> won SB

Coughlin left JAX >>>> won SB

I'm all for second chances. Many times, coaches learn what works, and what doesn't.

Hopefully Mangini gets it right on the second go around.

i hope you arent saying mangini leaving >>> browns win superbowl?

i dont watch enough to know but browns arent winning anything anytime soon

Originally Posted by belle155

i hope you arent saying mangini leaving >>> browns win superbowl?

i dont watch enough to know but browns arent winning anything anytime soon
He's not saying that at all. What he's saying is that just because a coach is fired/leaves from another job, doesn't mean he's nota good coach.

Actually I now think Mangini is a good hire because they wont have to change personnel. Crennel played the same type of defense Mangini will play. IfCrennel stays as the defensive coordinator they will have alot experience from the Patroit dynasty. But I think Belichick is the real force behind the dynasty.Heck Parcells hasnt even won a playoff game without him.

[table][tr][td]Mangini is poised to hire Rob Ryan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]

Mercury News Wire Services
San Jose Mercury News
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Posted:01/08/2009 08:18:57 PM PST[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
New Cleveland Browns coach Eric Mangini on Thursday said that Rob Ryan is his first choice as the defensive coordinator. All that remains is for Ryan to accept Mangini's offer.

He is expected to do so soon. Mangini and Ryan coached together with the New England Patriots before Ryan was hired by the Raiders in 2004 and are good friends.

Also, Mangini twice attempted to lure away Ryan from the Raiders during his three-year stint with the New York Jets. This time, Raiders managing general partner Al Davis is powerless to prevent Ryan from leaving after five seasons.

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Rex and Rob in the same division?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hope he can work some magic

Neither can even touch LeBeau in terms of being a D Coordinator
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Well, Rex isn't far off at least...

Back
Top Bottom