Married Niketalkers, How much did your wedding cost you?

Looks like the end is very near for me.
tired.gif

I'm not trying to go broke or go in debt over one day tho. I refuse.

So how much did you guys have to drop out of pocket for your big day?

parents picked up the tab luckily...with rehersal dinner and pics, total came to around 10k, and it was a small affair.

My mother in law paid for the reception hall/food/decorations..My parents bought the flowers..Me and my wife paid for her dress, my outfit, preacher, and the party room at our comples to get married in..So our out of pocket for what we paid for was maybe 500 bucks..And it was perfect..Everyone had a blast and 3 1/2 yrs later people still talk about how nice it was and how much fun they had..

Moral of the story is keep everything as cheap as possible and focus on having a great day instead of impressing others with how fancy things look..

$1000 max w/ everything....tux, dress, flowers, refreshments, cake and a disc of 200+ professional pics. Rocked w/ a package deal at a local wedding spot. We refused to spend beyond our means just to get married. No sense in starting off life together in debt.

My thoughts on weddings aside
grin.gif
, it always kinda irks me when guys always have to go and get the stiff, tacky, pre-made prom looking tuxedo's from event shops.

Like, damn if you're going wear a tux, just invest in a good and unique one. Your girl isn't going to wear that gown again, but a good tux is ALWAYS useful. Its especially useful to have if you know you regularly attend events and such.

I'm going to look at venues with my fiance this weekend in the city (SF)
Looks like reception (venue + food + open bar) alone will be in the $30-40K range

FML

I didnt wear a tux..I went with a nice pair of slacks and a vest..We kept it real nice and simple..But OP let me give this little piece of advice, make sure that your opinion is known and is taken into consideration..Don't let her, her momma, her sister, her friend or anyone else's thoughts or .02 be more valuable than yours..Cause at the end of the day it's not about her or about you, it's about the BOTH of you together..Good luck..

My sister spent 14K for her wedding. She said the food was the most expensive thing but then again she only had lobster and steak on the menu for about 200 people. 

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

$1000 max w/ everything....tux, dress, flowers, refreshments, cake and a disc of 200+ professional pics. Rocked w/ a package deal at a local wedding spot. We refused to spend beyond our means just to get married. No sense in starting off life together in debt.
Smart
My cousins spent around 8 grand for the wedding.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Looks like reception (venue + food + open bar) alone will be in the $30-40K range

FML

sick.gif
sick.gif
hell nah.

Trust me Casekicks, she knows. I have told everybody don't expect no damn Kim k wedding.

I think the only thing I will really take a huge loss on is the wedding dress. She is not folding on that one.
laugh.gif

If I could walk away on that day spending less that 10k, I will be a happy man.

getting hitched in June, spending about 30 K when its all said and done

Reception Hall - 10

Flowers/Decorations- 9 (Real Flowers FTL
30t6p3b.gif
)

Phantom Rental/Escalades-2

Wedding Gown- 4 (So I been told)
laugh.gif

Misc- 5 (Invites, Rings, Photographer, Cake, Church, Tux, Cigar Roller, DJ)

MA dukes covered the honeymoon.................

BTW- Straight cash Homey.............
pimp.gif

Good Luck

The wedding/reception/ring just under 50k. I mentioned in a previous thread, make a budget and stick to it as things add up very quickly. A lot of prices can be negotiated. Don't skimp on the photographer though. Marriage only lasted a year plus another 1.5 years of separation before divorce. Still don't regret the money spent on the wedding though because at the time we loved each other.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

FML

sick.gif
sick.gif
hell nah.

Trust me Casekicks, she knows. I have told everybody don't expect no damn Kim k wedding.

I think the only thing I will really take a huge loss on is the wedding dress. She is not folding on that one.
laugh.gif

I know man.
Her parents are going to be paying a lot of the reception cost, she is their only daughter, but still I get nightmares thinking about writing those checks out.

How many guests are you inviting?  We are at 170 right now trying to get down to 150 people, and the average per person at the nicer venues (Four Seasons, Westin St Francis, Nikko) in SF are $150-240ish.

We both live in San Diego (as do most of our family members), so being in SF gives it an even higher level of difficulty.

courthouse ftw
only spent $60+ for the reception
pimp.gif

the %@%* i look like paying for a wedding when you can blow some $ for the honeymoon
laugh.gif

I cant believe some of yall are gonna pay 30-40 grand for a wedding..After it's all over you'll look back and wonder how you could be so foolish to spend that much money on 1 day..To each his own, and I hope yall the absolute best on your wedding/marriage, but you should really stop and think before that money is gone forever..Just my opinion..

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

FML

sick.gif
sick.gif
hell nah.

laugh.gif

I know man.
Her parents are going to be paying a lot of the reception cost, she is their only daughter, but still I get nightmares thinking about writing those checks out.

How many guests are you inviting?  We are at 170 right now trying to get down to 150 people, and the average per person at the nicer venues (Four Seasons, Westin St Francis, Nikko) in SF are $150-240ish.

We both live in San Diego (as do most of our family members), so being in SF gives it an even higher level of difficulty.

Damn man, I wish you well. We are looking into about 100 or less(I really want only 50). Most of her fam is in Trinidad so a lot of them won't be able to come. I told her we can have a reception there once we save enough money so we can celebrate with all her fam. I know my parents will chip in but I don't want to put too much of the burden on them.

I have a couple of friends who do photography and DJ so I can probably get a great discount on that but the goddamn flowers man.
30t6p3b.gif

I do not want to start our lives in debt.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

parents picked up the tab luckily...with rehersal dinner and pics, total came to around 10k, and it was a small affair.

I always thought parents picking up the tab for weddings only happen in movies, thats sweet of them
happy.gif
Dont want parent paying for nothing cause then they will think they have a say in the wedding.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by richiecotite

I always thought parents picking up the tab for weddings only happen in movies, thats sweet of them
happy.gif
Dont want parent paying for nothing cause then they will think they have a say in the wedding.

It won't matter who pays, they'll definitely have their say.  What you do with it becomes easier w/o a financial burden.

Back
Top Bottom