Marrying A US citizen to get citizenship?

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Can you legally marry more than one person, I heard you can in Utah?
yeah, like 200 years ago.... i believe it's illegal now.

Originally Posted by dead in 09

Next question is:

My girl is the maid of honor...can she get in trouble?
eyes.gif
Yes, if she knows it's fraud. Especially if she ever gets interviewed and lies about it. Chances are slim they would go after her, though.

One of my good friends did this for 15K. I didn't know until after, though.

My friend was talking about this recently, she said this guy from mexico offered her a brand new car as soon as she says yes and when it's all over anotherbrand new car, she also said she knows an arab guy who was offering 30k or an annual payment that would basically have you living comfortable for life..sign meup.

This reminds me of that one Martin episode. When Pam had to marry the Puerto Rican landlord.
Risky business because they do check.

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

My friend was talking about this recently, she said this guy from mexico offered her a brand new car as soon as she says yes and when it's all over another brand new car, she also said she knows an arab guy who was offering 30k or an annual payment that would basically have you living comfortable for life..sign me up.
I've suddenly become a supporter of gay marriage.

one thing i don't get... if these people have THAT much to throw around (cars + money), why don;t they just come here legit. open a business or something,or go to school and then get a job....why tie yourself down in an illegal marriage.... i don't get it....

Originally Posted by fivefivenine

My friend was talking about this recently, she said this guy from mexico offered her a brand new car as soon as she says yes and when it's all over another brand new car, she also said she knows an arab guy who was offering 30k or an annual payment that would basically have you living comfortable for life..sign me up.
I've suddenly become a supporter of gay marriage.
ummm, there is also girls who do the same not only guys, but do you homie.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

one thing i don't get... if these people have THAT much to throw around (cars + money), why don;t they just come here legit. open a business or something, or go to school and then get a job....why tie yourself down in an illegal marriage.... i don't get it....
He's in school (indiana university) he is done with school and is entering grad school and his green card will expire before he graduates.

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

one thing i don't get... if these people have THAT much to throw around (cars + money), why don;t they just come here legit. open a business or something, or go to school and then get a job....why tie yourself down in an illegal marriage.... i don't get it....
He's in school (indiana university) he is done with school and is entering grad school and his green card will expire before he graduates.
i don;t know the details of the situation but according to USCIS, you just have to renew by filing a form 6 months in advance.....

One of my friends in California almost got hit up by this. Twisted %@! story. No duck tales. Honestly.

This woman, had an okay job, fluent in English, had a young kid. David was dating this woman for 3, close to 4 years, without ever knowing anything about herbesides her job, kid, and favorite things (music, religion). Now about 6 months before the thing actually boiled to pieces, she got into a car accident. Shehad no insurance, so they got the police involved.

After running background checks on her, they realized she was not a native of the US, had an invalid license, got thrown into jail on high bond, processedthrough trial 5 months later, and got deported. Twisted part is that:

1) David had no idea that she was an illegal immigrant.
2) David really liked her and wanted to marry her.
3) Her son was a natural citizen under 18, and STILL LIVES HERE. He was put into a foster home, because they had no other legal citizen family members in theUS. She is still trying to get her son back to Mexico.

That said, learn who you are dating. My friend, David, who is actually a 42 year old piano player, is probably the most jaded guy I know, and is still singlebecause of this.

i wouldnt do it for 30 grand. you have to live with some girl you dont know for like 4-5 years and basically watch your self all the time because you dont knowwhen immigration is showing up to question you. its a long time to have to deal with that bs

Back
Top Bottom