WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

So Disney's streaming service has brought Sony and WB on board

....and more surprising Fox :nerd:

I am not sure it is exactly the streaming service Disney has planned for the future, it's more like Ultraviolet and Disney Movies Anywhere are combining.

It's not the Netflix-type I believe, it's more of a on-demand type where you pay and view them digitally?

I am not 100% sure is that is accurate but that's my understanding, it's not like Netflix of Hulu where you pay a monthly fee and have access to everything. It's more like Amazon Prime where some contents comes with the monthly but some films cost something if you want to watch them.

Anything by Marvel I plan to collect via blu ray from now on anyway, so I'm executing a hard pass on that streaming service

I am not sure it is exactly the streaming service Disney has planned for the future, it's more like Ultraviolet and Disney Movies Anywhere are combining.

It's not the Netflix-type I believe, it's more of a on-demand type where you pay and view them digitally?

I am not 100% sure is that is accurate but that's my understanding, it's not like Netflix of Hulu where you pay a monthly fee and have access to everything. It's more like Amazon Prime where some contents comes with the monthly but some films cost something if you want to watch them.

Interesting. I was under the guise that this was pertaining to there streaming service but details on everything are still early. With Marvel having films involving different studios like Universal, Sony and Fox I felt like them getting in on Disney's streaming service made that much more sense

Yah the Disney Movie Anywhere platform launched a couple of years ago iirc while their streaming isn't out yet.

Plus DC is planning their own streaming service next year so that kind of conflicts with Disneys plans but if they do combine those streaming services, WB benefits the most.

Yah the Disney Movie Anywhere platform launched a couple of years ago iirc while their streaming isn't out yet.

Plus DC is planning their own streaming service next year so that kind of conflicts with Disneys plans but if they do combine those streaming services, WB benefits the most.

DC needs to get their version of a Marvel Unlimited

Anything by Marvel I plan to collect via blu ray from now on anyway, so I'm executing a hard pass on that streaming service

I've been buying blu-rays since IM1. (I didn't get the steelbook for it though. Still salty about it. Still one of my all-time favorites. I hope they do a 10th anniversary steelbook for it next year. Also, shout out to the steelbook fam. :pimp:)

I've been cherry picking what blu rays I collect of marvel. I think I'm missing Thor 2, Ant Man, Iron Man 2 and 3. I am pretty sure I have everything else but I'm not 100 percent

I want Marvel/Disney to remaster all their older blu rays in 4k/hdr and re-release them. I have a feeling that they're either going to take their time with that or not do it at all

I am just happy, personally, that they jumped on the 4k/hdr wagon at all. I know they were one of the last studios to adopt the format

Visually only GotG are worth it for blu ray 4k/hdr.. the other movies are ugly, washed up/greyed out

Back
Top Bottom