WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

Speaking of petty, I’m still waiting for the F4 comic to come back :smh:

When Hickman straight up said Marvel cancelled it because of the film rights. :smh:

It's not the same, but Jeff Lemire is doing a cosmic exploration team book @ DC led by Mister Terrific with Plastic Man, Metamorpho, and Phantom Girl called The Terrifics. Part of me wonders if he had pitches for the Fantastic Four when he was writing at Marvel.

theterrifics_issue_1.jpg

The Ultimates was kind of filling that F4 void, but it ended a little while ago. I hope we get a Blue Marvel ongoing or something in the future.

Yooooo I'm kinda lit RN but I'm watching CW and this is arguably the greatest CBM ever made

Literally every scene is stuffed with narrative genius and subtle, masterful storytelling techniques

I'm finna give yall the play by play

The initial scene depicting the brainwashing of Bucky and the mysterious mission he is shown undertaking is a red herring meant to create, in the viewers' minds, a sense of foreshadowing and establish what portends to be the overall antagonistic angle of the movie itself

This is great because it does both of these things, but it does so for reasons the viewer does not realize until the final scenes actually occur

The depiction of Wanda accidentally destroying part of the building did not resonate with me entirely at first. This is because I no longer conflated film damage with real-life damage. This was especially true due to movies such as BvS and Superman Man of Steel, that trivialize massive structural damage and destruction that would IRL devastate hundreds of lives.

This scene hammered in the notion that being a superhero (and depicting superheroes) should come with an understanding of dire human consequences and not set-piece tragedy

Tony's flashback-esque scene with his parents is genius:

1. It re-introduces Howard Stark, a significant supporting character in CA:TWS

2. It establishes to a novice (theoretically) MCU viewer that Howard has a son - Tony Stark

3. It establishes this serious, unsmiling Howard - an old man who is markedly different than his younger incarnation - as someone who has keen hopes for his son and the role he will undoubtedly play in shaping the course of the world. Refrence: IM2

4. To most viewers, it establishes Tony Stark as the deuteragonist of this movie.

5. It creates narrative cohesion between the opening scene with Bucky. This is not apparent to the viewer until the final scenes actually occur.

More later or maybe not

Speaking of petty, I’m still waiting for the F4 comic to come back :smh:
I mean really though, why?

I love the F4 but according to Marvel their sales haven't been on fire since the 60s and 70s.

They'll get a big comeback with a good creative team but eventually the sales will drop either when that team moves on or if everybody hates it.

Plus I call in to question all of these F4 comic fans coming out the woodwork when they learned it was cancelled and wouldn't be relaunched. Wasn't all this moaning when they took a break on Thor for a while.

The initial scene depicting the brainwashing of Bucky and the mysterious mission he is shown undertaking is a red herring meant to create, in the viewers' minds, a sense of foreshadowing and establish what portends to be the overall antagonistic angle of the movie itself

This is great because it does both of these things, but it does so for reasons the viewer does not realize until the final scenes actually occur

The depiction of Wanda accidentally destroying part of the building did not resonate with me entirely at first. This is because I no longer conflated film damage with real-life damage. This was especially true due to movies such as BvS and Superman Man of Steel, that trivialize massive structural damage and destruction that would IRL devastate hundreds of lives.

This scene hammered in the notion that being a superhero (and depicting superheroes) should come with an understanding of dire human consequences and not set-piece tragedy

Tony's flashback-esque scene with his parents is genius:

1. It re-introduces Howard Stark, a significant supporting character in CA:TWS

2. It establishes to a novice (theoretically) MCU viewer that Howard has a son - Tony Stark

3. It establishes this serious, unsmiling Howard - an old man who is markedly different than his younger incarnation - as someone who has keen hopes for his son and the role he will undoubtedly play in shaping the course of the world. Refrence: IM2

4. To most viewers, it establishes Tony Stark as the deuteragonist of this movie.

5. It creates narrative cohesion between the opening scene with Bucky. This is not apparent to the viewer until the final scenes actually occur.

More later or maybe not
I remember a few who tried to front on this movie.

The whole breakdown reveal of Tony a d his parents and who the killer is was just genius.

You could unless hulu chooses to do that thing where they delete episodes after a certain time
If I were watching the show on Hulu that would be a problem.

As trash as your hot takes on Marvel movies? :lol:
I-dont-believe-you.gif
what u mean
plenty of marvel movies i like
all 3 captain america films
1st iron man
incredible hulk
avengers 1
thor 1 was cool
dr strange was cool
avengers 2 was decent
spiderman homecoming was good
gotg2 was ehhhh
antman was good
everything else is not very good

Feel bad for Derek Theler

I think he tried out for Cap, tried out for Star Lord, and tried out for Shazam

Keeps striking out. Physically he got the looks to be Cap or Star Lord. But I'm familiar with some of his body of work and I can see why Hollywood won't cast him in these big roles

But I guess they finally casted him in something?

I really thought this Thor brought the best out of a Chris Hemsworth. The dude’s comedic timing is pretty good.
I cant stop thinking about the way KORG talks lol. I was dying when Thor asked where Miek was from and Korg replied, “oh, Miek’s dead” lmaooo
I have a crush on Tessa Thompson.
Surprised how Hogan got more screen time than the two team members. Does this mean that Sif is still alive, since she wasn’t on Asgard?
Grandmaster was basically Jeff Goldblum playing himself.
I caught the part where Hulk said “Whedon”.
I laughed every time Thor was trying calm Hulk down.
Korg explaining that the foundation of Asgard could be rebuilt on, the Surtur destroys Asgard lol.

Did surtur die?

I’m looking forward to Black Panther. But more excited for IW.

Last edited:
I'm watching the Incredible Hulk right now and I imagine that if Marvel could run this back, they'd do the movie very differently.

The overly dramatic score is a little annoying.

Opening sequences explained the origins great for the casual fan but it seems way too hyper intense.

Marvel came a really long way man

Also, I'm glad they recasted Norton. I prefer Ruffalo

I'm watching the Incredible Hulk right now and I imagine that if Marvel could run this back, they'd do the movie very differently.

The overly dramatic score is a little annoying.

Opening sequences explained the origins great for the casual fan but it seems way too hyper intense.

Marvel came a really long way man
im getting tired of folks dissing this movie

That picture of the New Warriors cast led me down a google/wikipedia rabbit hole to reading Squirrel Girl defeats Venom-symbiote Nightmare :smh:

General Ross is not too bright. First time dude Hulks out and he yells 'use every tranq you got now'

What are tranqs going to do against the Hulk.

Hires men to track down Banner and doesn't even bother to brief his men that Hulk and Banner is one and the same. Actually he doesn't even bother to tell his men that they'd encounter a monster like the Hulk. They were all taken by surprise in that warehouse. He endangers his daughter at the university and almost burned her to death, and then did it a second time when he ordered a helicopter close to the abomination - hulk fight so he can somehow help the battle. This is the guy who is enforcing the sokovia accords :lol: The man is a general? Give me a break. And Tony is sucking this guy's ****

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom