WELCOME TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE -*RIP STAN LEE & Boseman* - XMEN97 release 3/20

1634828805119.gif

I can’t believe I never stopped to think of how incredibly inclusive Eternals is, like the casting is just beautiful....it dawn on me when I realized that Makarii is a deaf/mute and the actress that plays her actually is in real life, then an Indian actor and a South Korean, who’s actually starred in full South Korean films, then Selma who’s a Latin Hollywood legend, Angelina’s character dealing with Dementia, they really trying to reach a BROAD audience to this and I love it man....

I'm excited for Eternals. As for the World War Hulk, are they going to annouce Amadeus Cho soon or nah?

I'm excited for Eternals. As for the World War Hulk, are they going to annouce Amadeus Cho soon or nah?
think it's too late...on that wwh story anyway...
wasn't that used in thor ragnarok?..
plus the whole Illuminati thing...
multiverse might change things though... I think..

Not gonna lie, seeing Rob and Jon on screen togerher again after all these years is pretty dope....GOTs and Jon Snow got butchered at the end, but at its peak that show and character was GOAT level....can’t wait to see KIt as Black knight
He won’t yet be Black Knight in Eternals, tho the mid-credit scene alludes to the transition.

Talking to ComicBook.com, Eternals director Chloé Zhao revealed why she chose to drop a Superman nod in the Marvel Studios blockbuster.

"I take some responsibility for that," the filmmaker admitted. "I think we're in the business of telling stories about mythology, and Superman, for example, comes from origin of mythology. In many different cultures, there's a form of Superman. And the people that created Superman and the brilliant filmmakers [who] brought Superman to screen, their movies are basically, in my opinion, doing a modern interpretation of that mythology."

Zhao points out that Richard Madden's Ikaris is essentially "[Marvel's] interpretation of that mythology," adding: "It doesn't mean we can't pay tribute and have a good time with these iconic ones that we all love to so much. I mean, who doesn't love Superman and Batman? Clearly our Eternals like them."

Marvel's Now Defunct "Creative Committee" Tried To Stop CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR's Epic Final Battle

Marvel's "Creative Committee" was established by Marvel Entertainment CEO Ike Perlmutter and included comic book creatives like Brian Michael Bendis, Joe Quesada, and Dan Buckley. They would constantly interfere in Marvel Studios' plans, sharing what we've come to learn were either terrible ideas or notes that did nothing but harm the movies they were intended for.

It was this, and Perlmutter's cost-cutting measures (like threatening to fire Robert Downey Jr.) that eventually led to Kevin Feige getting then Disney CEO Bob Iger to make Marvel Studios a completely separate entity similar to Lucasfilm and Pixar. Even the Russo Brothers have talked about the negative impact this "Creative Committee" had, and more details have now come to light.

In the pages of The Story of Marvel Studios (via Slash Film), it's revealed that the group tried to stop Captain America and Iron Man coming to blows in the final act of Captain America: Civil War.

"We had to do a draft where they had a fight in a submarine base with five super soldiers," co-writer Stephen McFeely explains, revealing that the committee pushed for a generic superhero vs. supervillain battle. Joe Russo, meanwhile, adds: "We kept saying, 'There's nothing interesting about that film. We're not here to make that movie. We're not interested in telling another superhero story.'"

This was the straw that broke the camel's back for Feige, and he sided with the filmmakers. Russo adds: "Civil War started a civil war in Marvel. But when we drew the line in the sand, it became a moment where that company was either going to slowly bend back toward where it had come from, or it was gonna slowly start to bend toward new territory."

think it's too late...on that wwh story anyway...
wasn't that used in thor ragnarok?..
plus the whole Illuminati thing...
multiverse might change things though... I think..
Ragnarok used elements of Planet Hulk.

WWH is the sequel to that and deals with Hulk returning to Earth and getting revenge on the Illuminati.

Story wise, it still doesn’t really track with where Hulk is at the moment so it’ll take a lot of setting up to pull off the movie :lol:

Back
Top Bottom