MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I'd like to see Punisher make a cameo in Luke Cage or Jessica Jones season 2. Here is to hoping that happens.

Bernthal told me to try and not hate his version of the punisher when I met him about 2 weeks ago :lol:

end of season questions:
what happened to frank's dog?
if everything in his life was about revenge for his families murder, why did he risk his life just to force DD into killing? makes no sense for a guy he literally just met

if kingpin used up the rest of his money getting a meeting with frank, how is he ballin outa control after taking over the prison? 

how does the most notorious killer in america brutally murder 10 people in jail, then escape the next day without the government looking into it? after that kingpin just owns the place? makes no sense

all this talk about how the frank castle case will kill their reputation and no one wanting their services anymore but all of a sudden trinity offers foggy an amazing salary and a shot at parter? how sway? this felt like extremely lazy writing to get him in position for season 3

the local bar really let them keep a tab open without paying for what was implied to be years? how did they stay in business making decisions like that? 

end of season questions:
if everything in his life was about revenge for his families murder, why did he risk his life just to force DD into killing? makes no sense for a guy he literally just met

if kingpin used up the rest of his money getting a meeting with frank, how is he ballin outa control after taking over the prison? 

how does the most notorious killer in america brutally murder 10 people in jail, then escape the next day without the government looking into it? after that kingpin just owns the place? makes no sense

all this talk about how the frank castle case will kill their reputation and no one wanting their services anymore but all of a sudden trinity offers foggy an amazing salary and a shot at parter? how sway? this felt like extremely lazy writing to get him in position for season 3

the local bar really let them keep a tab open without paying for what was implied to be years? how did they stay in business making decisions like that? 

why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?
Bruh I don't know. I just don't know.

Why did the Punisher's army friend try to kill Karen after she saw that picture?

Last edited:
end of season questions:

For the second one at least, and possibly a few more, that's sheer laziness. That is pretty much lifted directly from the comics where the exact same interaction took place between Frank and Matt. The difference? There Frank wasn't this person so caught up in revenge against a specific group, but had reached the point where he was full on attacking criminals in general. AND he and Matt had known each other for years. Both of those make the moment work a lot better, because it's just the type of thing that makes sense for two people that have known each other for quite a while, clashed quite a bit, and always had this ideological difference between them. They rushed it here, plain and simple.

And I legit don't understand the Kingpin thing. Like, how does he even manage to take over once the other guy's dead without any actual capital to back it up? Does every single person in that prison instantly just roll over for him, agree he's in charge, and start doing whatever he says? Like it made sense for the first three guys. One went out of his way to be nice to him and for the other two he paid their mom's rent for life. The rest of the prison however honestly makes no sense, especially when he himself didn't really do anything.

Why did the Punisher's army friend try to kill Karen after she saw that picture?

Schoonover was the Blacksmith. One of the thugs working for the Blacksmith that Karen saw in a body bag matched the face of a soldier pictured in their unit on his wall. The Blacksmith was dealing the heroin and he said something to Karen like, "It's worth losing a ship full of heroin to be rid of him." I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the line exactly. When Karen pieced it together, he went for his gun.

I'd like to see some cameos from the actors in the movies in the shows. Probably wouldn't happen but it'd be cool to see.
This stuff is based off of budget and how much the actors get paid not so much cuz Marvel doesn't want it to happen.

Last edited:
end of season questions:

if everything in his life was about revenge for his families murder, why did he risk his life just to force DD into killing? makes no sense for a guy he literally just me

I can answer a few cuz they're common knowledge/common sense :lol:

That scene is from the comics. The whole thing. Also Castle's reason for killing criminals in general isn't about revenge. He actually believes the rest of the stuff he says. Beating ppl up like DD and the rest do is a half measure and his time serving as a soldier makes it all the easier for him to do. He explains that in their convo/argument in ep 3. So ya question is basically a false premise, it's not all about revenge for his family. Just killing those who caused his family's death was about revenge.

The Frank Castle case wouldn't have killed their rep. The corrupt DA would've. Their rep would've grown if they happened to win it. Foggy was just worried about their current situation and the kind of clients they already have not coming back (even though they weren't all paying). Foggy gets an offer cuz he's a good lawyer. His rep probably spread about how he handled the DA when threatened and put under pressure.

Local bars leave tabs open for years for local customers all the time. Just cuz the tab has been open for years doesn't mean it's thousands and thousands of dollars :lol:

So what is Black Sky? Trained Children who like to kill? Or do they have "The Beast" in them or something?

Last edited:
So what is Black Sky? Trained Children who like to kill? Or do they have "The Beast" in them or something?

Elektra is the Chaste/Black Sky, as they said a symbol to praise that brings them good luck or just a false idol though I have a feeling Elektra will come back alive and be brainwahsed and be the Hands leader.

Would be cool for them to adapt the Shadowland arc with Elektra as the lead instead of DD. COuld be a good Defenders series villain.

Last edited:
Just finished Season 2 up and naturally I have to give a long *** review, because I enjoy doing it :lol:

This season was dope, plain and simple. Just told my friend a few minutes ago through Facebook that I honestly thought this one was even better than the first season. They told a solid story in Season 1 and then did the same thing again here in Season 2, while naturally developing the characters and the setting, so that by the end of things it's not necessarily that everyone is a different person per se, but they've all grown to take on new roles as a result of their experience. What I really, really appreciated were the individual storylines presented for Matt, Karen, and Foggy. They go forward in such a way that the band is really forced to break apart and I don't think it's really anyone's fault. Things are literally just so crazy that it's impossible for them to all keep track of one another as the season progresses. Matt already has the dual identity, which is only complicated once Elektra, and then Stick, shows up. Foggy's trying to deal with the Punisher case, along with the general problems of their law firm. Karen is then drawn closer and closer to Punisher as she learns more about him, giving her a completely different relationship with him than her associates.

Jon Bernthal as Punisher was ******* amazing. Easily the best version of the character we've ever had in the live action realm. I've seen some people say that he was a little too emotional for their tastes, which I can understand, but I also preferred it. I think it especially works with the way they set him up. This was after all his origin story, but it wasn't some info-dump where we received all the information about him in one or even two episodes. No, you had to watch every single episode of the season, up to the finale, to get the whole picture. Something which Karen actually notes again and again, that it isn't a simple cut and dry story where a guy just decides to go out and gun down some gansters one day. They really make it clear that he's an actual person, who had a life, before it was tragically taken away from him as the result of the actions of other people. And I honestly liked how there were so many layers in regards to just who was responsible. He kills the Italians. Then he gets the Cartel. Then he gets the Bikers. Then he has to help Kingpin. Then he's got to find The Blacksmith. The story really just becomes more and more complex, leading to the ending where he's fully embraced the Punisher identity and is getting rid of the last traces of his old life. Was all around excellent.

Elektra was also ******* phenomonal, as were Stick and The Hand. First of all she's a badass, which is always nice to see, especially in shows where hand to hand combat plays such a central role. There's typically not any doubt that she's just as capable as anyone else fighting beside or against her. At first I really thought they were just going to use her as a love interest for Matt or maybe even an enemy, but they did both and then some. Just like with Frank she was developed as her own character, though her storyline didn't necessarily recieve the same type of focus as his. It wasn't bad though. I enjoyed seeing her in action, her worldview, and towards the end the flashbacks to her childhood that expanded even more on the type of person she was. As a romantic interest, similar to Catwoman for Batman, I think she was perfect. They have Matt say it straight up: she's the only one who gets him and the fact that he needs to be Daredevil. Which I think is something you really see elsewhere in the season. Foggy's his best and probably oldest friend, but he can't fully deal with Matt's alter ego. We saw that last season, it's hinted at again at the start of this season, and it becomes a bigger issue as time goes on, playing a central part in their split. Elektra gets and accepts it, even if his not killing thing (Which she admits she admires, citing him as a truly good person) irks her at times. I thought the two actors had great chemistry. I also thought the relationship was nicely contrasted with that of Matt and Karen, who also have some chemistry of their own i'll admit. With Karen, Matt tries really hard to make it work, but he's specifically trying. With Elektra, they complement each other. Outside of the killing it comes easy, because they don't have to hide themselves from one another. And this is actually why I think Matt finally goes to tell Karen about him being Daredevil at the end of the season.

I'm then not even a fan of Karen and Matt, but I really enjoyed her storyline. Often in shows such as this (See Arrow) i'll groan or be bored whenever the show isn't focusing on the main character and especially when it's focusing on his romantic partner. Karen held her own here though. In terms of the firm, everyone was given a job and something they excelled at, and Karen's research abilities and desire for knowledge/truth (Which we saw in Season 1) came to really define her role. It then really only seems natural that she takes up Ben Urich's role. Her relationship with Frank was great, because she's clearly looking at him through rose-tinted lenses due to her own experience killing, but at the same time isn't necessarily wrong, being proven right about him multiple times. Foggy also proved himself this season. He received less focus than his associates, but what he got was solid. Apart from his crumbling relationship with Matt, I was pretty impressed with how he handled himself, by himself, as a lawyer when push came to shove. Then also think it's fairly natural that he's able to find a job somewhere else. Though I do think they might've taken it a little too far with him being instantly offered a spot as partner at a high-ranking law firm. They didn't need to do that to tie the show to Jessica Jones (And soon Luke Cage). The hints and references they dropped before that were enough. Still enjoyed it however and I liked the slow dissolution of the group that we saw over this season.

The season then left me wanting more, which is always what a show should do at the end of a season, unless it's the finale. It was more heavy-handed in terms of remaining plot threads, but i'm excited to see what comes next. We've got Elektra heading for what looks to be a resurrection/possession via The Hand, Kingpin amassing power once more, Madame Gao revealing that she's still a player in the city, and Punisher roaming the streets to take on the wider crimiinal population. Plus with the references to Jessica Jones we're clearly heading for some kind of eventual crossover between the shows, with the final culmination of this of course being The Defenders. And with the success Marvel saw using this same formula with The Avengers I expect that show to be just as good once it comes out. I also really liked the Kingpin segments in this series. Didn't do anything to make him the central guy of the season, but he did his work to acquire some power and to have an impact on the plot. For the season I enjoyed the contrast between Daredevil and Punisher, and they didn't even meet as often as I thought they would! That was altogether just really well done, with the two operating apart from each other for the most part, but with one still being capable of effecting the other to some extent. Also like that they didn't really shut either one down in terms of their argument on killing or not killing. I thought both made good points and I was able to fully understand why each made the argument they did. Hope we can continue to have an interesting dynamic between the two in the future and that Season 3's even better than this one was.

:smokin :smokin :smokin

Punisher needs its own show tbh. But I understand if they just have him show up in different shows like DD, JJ and eventually the one where all of them are together.

Elecktra so fye too. Matt wildin'

Last edited:
I disagree, i liked JJ a lot but I would rank DD1 over it and DD2 is about even with one for me.

Very satisfied with Fordham Law taking the L mid sentence

I disagree, i liked JJ a lot but I would rank DD1 over it and DD2 is about even with one for me.

This. The complaint of not having an overarching villain/story is mute if the story is still good. Not sure how that even changes your enjoyment of it.

Up to episode 7 so far.. Its sad I fall asleep during the dialogue literally.. but thats what I do during all binge's however I have found myself only excited about Punisher scenes so far 
laugh.gif
 dude literally hijacked the series. Daredevils  new helmet is dope though 
smokin.gif
 probably rewatch with GF. Elektra is a let down maybe when she gets her weapons I will be a bit more excited. 

Back
Top Bottom