Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

Not a shooting, but a new low. Stabbing a bunch of children at a birthday part for a 3 year old :smh:

3-Year-Old Dies After Mass Stabbing at Her Birthday Party, Authorities Say

A 3-year-old girl who was among nine people stabbed at her birthday party in Idaho over the weekend has died from her injuries, the police said on Monday.

The girl was celebrating her birthday at an apartment complex in Boise on Saturday night when a man who had recently been ejected from the complex returned and came upon the toddler’s outdoor party just a few doors down from where he had been staying, the Boise Police Department said.

The man, Timmy Earl Kinner, 30, was charged on Monday with murder and eight counts of aggravated battery. He appeared in court and was ordered held without bail.

The Ada County Public Defender’s Office, which is representing Mr. Kinner, did not immediately return a request for comment on Monday.

The police did not release the 3-year-old’s name, but the International Rescue Committee, a global humanitarian organization that works with refugees, identified her as Ruya Kadir, an Ethiopian refugee who was brought to the United States by her mother in 2015. The girl’s father lives in Turkey.

“Ruya’s parents are enduring every parent’s worst nightmare, which is made doubly cruel by the fact that they fled to America to escape conflict in Ethiopia,” David Miliband, president of the International Rescue Committee, said in a statement.

merlin_140579952_b3881a7f-5f2d-42c2-9b92-7ca2ec567c48-jumbo.jpg

“Our caseworkers describe Ruya as a child who always sparkled when she walked into a room,” he added. “She was her mother’s princess, always the center of attention, and loved pink and Disney princesses.”

The authorities have not released the names of the five other children, ranging in age from 4 to 12, who were injured in the stabbing. Three adults were also wounded while trying to intervene after Mr. Kinner went on a stabbing spree about 8:45 p.m. Saturday, the police said.

By Monday, one child had been treated at the hospital and released. Seven victims remained in the hospital, many with serious injuries, the police said.

The attack happened at the Wylie Street Station Apartments, home to a diverse community including refugees and families with children. The stabbing victims were from Ethiopia, Iraq and Syria, according to the police, who have said there was no evidence the attack was a hate crime.

The authorities said Mr. Kinner had been a temporary resident at the apartment complex; a resident had allowed him to stay at her apartment after he said he needed a place to go.

But Mr. Kinner was asked to leave the complex on Friday, after that resident and neighbors became concerned with his behavior, the police said.

Mr. Kinner left peacefully, but went back to the complex on Saturday for revenge, William L. Bones, the police chief in Boise, said at a news conference on Sunday.

Mr. Kinner returned “to exact vengeance not just on those that he had been with, as they were not at the apartment, but at any target which was available,” Chief Bones said. “The tragedy,” he said, was that the birthday party was near where Mr. Kinner had stayed.

Mr. Kinner has an extensive criminal history spanning multiple states and has spent time in prison, Chief Bones said.

An Ada County deputy prosecutor said on Monday that Mr. Kinner was homeless, according to The Idaho Statesman. The newspaper reported that Mr. Kinner had been in Utah in April and California before that.

disgusting animal. death penalty. period. i DO wish.... the adults had something other than their hands to defend themselves with in this instance.

Two workers shot, wounded outside Kansas elementary school

OVERLAND PARK, Kansas -- Police in suburban Kansas City say they are searching for a suspect in a Tuesday morning crime spree that spanned three scenes and left two contract workers at an elementary school in critical condition.

In the first incident, two workers outside Sunrise Point Elementary school in Overland Park were shot and wounded, Overland Police public information officer John Lacy tells CBS News. School it out of session and no students were at the school at the time of the shooting, around 9 a.m., reports CBS affiliate KCTV.

Authorities say the two wounded contractors, both men, were not school employees. They say the two men were part of a group of up to six workers in the area and that the suspect in the case was a fellow contractor, police say. The workers had been at the school renovating a playground, and the shooting happened after some kind of argument, KCTV reports.

The suspect fled and attempted a carjacking at a nearby car wash, police say. Police say shots were fired but no one was hit.

When that carjacking was unsuccessful, the suspect carjacked another vehicle, which police are looking for. The car is described as a Black 2011 Denali with KS Tag 208BAB.

This is a developing story.

EDE2BEE2-E3E6-49AC-91F8-672A18AB364D.png

The little girl pictured above....this is horrible!!! Pissed off that this had to happen to her on her birthday.

That guy needs to be put in air tight seal room and have die from the lack of oxygen to Die slowly.

im all for harsh punishment in heinous crimes. start making examples out of all these criminals who think **** is sweet out there
For sure. There are crimes and then there’s stuff like this and the boys who stabbed up ole boy in NYC. Ain’t nothing to discuss, kill them

If you really want to punish them, let them cook in a prison cell 23 hours everyday for the rest of their life and let what they did marinate.

If you really want to punish them, let them cook in a prison cell 23 hours everyday for the rest of their life and let what they did marinate.
In theory that sounds good but that doesn’t always work. Some of them boys like that. Tell someone they’re dead in 4 hours and you can condense that into a short amount of time. Tell them there is no god and everything.

i dont want to let what they did marinate. i want to deter other people from ever committing the crime to begin with. some people are willing to murder cuz they know jail or prison is the worst consequence. many people would not follow thru with committing heinous crimes if punishments like death by firing squad, stoning, electric chair were doled out for justice. you want to stab up children? firing squad. dont even waste bill payer dollars on court and feeding the dude. just off em out back like a dog and let him rot.

In theory that sounds good but that doesn’t always work. Some of them boys like that. Tell someone they’re dead in 4 hours and you can condense that into a short amount of time. Tell them there is no god and everything.

Bruh no one likes solitary :lol:

That's when dudes start hearing voices, thinking they have bugs crawling on them and sh*t. It's regularly discussed as being unconstitutional due to being cruel and unusual.

i dont want to let what they did marinate. i want to deter other people from ever committing the crime to begin with. some people are willing to murder cuz they know jail or prison is the worst consequence. many people would not follow thru with committing heinous crimes if punishments like death by firing squad, stoning, electric chair were doled out for justice. you want to stab up children? firing squad. dont even waste bill payer dollars on court and feeding the dude. just off em out back like a dog and let him rot.

murderratesdpvsnodp-2016.png

Not to turn this into a for/against death penalty thread but some of these cats are not afraid of life in prison or capital punishment and will do what they do anyway. You will not understand the mind of a murderer unless you are a murderer. Look at the cruel and unusual punishments prior to civil times, crooks still stole knowing their hand would be boiled in a pot of crisco oil. Evil people gonna evil.

The majority of people who kill do so in a fit of rage or spontaneously, so their perception of punishment doesn't even come into play. Domestic situations, drug induced, fisticuffs gone awry, and so on.

They're already at a jedi level of "I don't give a f---" when they do the killing, therefore prison/death penalty is irrelevant.

That's MOST cases. Of course there are exceptions.

I would rather get the death penalty than 24 hour lockdown in pitch darkness for the rest of my life. Only light is a small area in the door where they slide food through. **** they can also turn off the lights while feeding you.

Nah, ima go with death b.

I would rather get the death penalty than 24 hour lockdown in pitch darkness for the rest of my life. Only light is a small area in the door where they slide food through. **** they can also turn off the lights while feeding you.

Nah, ima go with death b.

thats literally a form of torture. i cant cosign that. sensory deprivation into madness. naaahhhhh cant get behind that. hit him with the old yeller, or the walking dead "look at the flowers"/of mice and men and call it a day

death penalty and what we're talking about are very different lol. are firing squads even legal anymore?

death penalty and what we're talking about are very different lol. are firing squads even legal anymore?

I guess I assumed you meant the death penalty in general.

I believe it still applies though. People aren't deterred by anything when they're hellbent on taking someone's life in the moment.

Which is what, I, as a citizen would prefer for all of the perpetrators of these crimes in this thread. I would prefer that they suffer rather than a quick and easy bullett behind the ear.

Last dude was stabbing up 3 year olds b. There is no reason for him not to be tortured by his own mind.

Back
Top Bottom