Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

im not here to argue these kind of details... but you're really just wrong. a 9mm from a handgun will not do the damage a .223/5.56/308/300/7.62 etc etc will do from the same range. even logically, an object moving faster will do more damage when it hits something.

vs

i was agreeing with you dude and adding to your post smh

face reality

This is a broad statement that can be used conveniently to support whatever subject someone wants to focus on in a negative light. You can’t say this without taking that stance across the board. It’s a very grim and pessimistic way to live your life. But it’s totally your right to do so. I just don’t see the progressiveness in it.

“Waiting on the next one”. Really? That’s what you spend your time and energy anticipating and contemplating? No thank you.

These dorks are dictating our everyday lives. This happened in my city, Austin, TX.

Screenshot_20190815-193037_Chrome.jpg

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/l...park/269-88af59e9-9142-4466-aeb4-3e3fe2dd8404

This is a broad statement that can be used conveniently to support whatever subject someone wants to focus on in a negative light. You can’t say this without taking that stance across the board. It’s a very grim and pessimistic way to live your life. But it’s totally your right to do so. I just don’t see the progressiveness in it.

“Waiting on the next one”. Really? That’s what you spend your time and energy anticipating and contemplating? No thank you.

no one is here waiting and wishing for another mass shooting to occur, but when realize that the powers to be WONT DO ANYTHING except "thoughts and prayer" then logic and reason dictate that because of inaction another one is bound to happen shortly. So stop the crap

no one is here waiting and wishing for another mass shooting to occur, but when realize that the powers to be WONT DO ANYTHING except "thoughts and prayer" then logic and reason dictate that because of inaction another one is bound to happen shortly. So stop the crap

So “the powers that be” are at fault because they won’t do anything to stop these mass shootings? What are they supposed to do? Real question. I’m trying to understand where you’re coming from here.

People who benefit from, or wish to benefit from White privilege, do not want to know true answer to the question of... What are they supposed to do?
That is because if white privilege does not exist? They will have nothing to strive toward.
This is the reason for these little white guys going crazy, then committing the mass murders. They do not want anyone getting what even they seem not to be able to achieve, even while being white. So in their estimation since the white guy can't have it first? Nobody should have it.

Not really hot takes. More or less conversation about potential gun reform that COULD help (even if a little bit). But you don't sound interested.

Interested in entertaining the idea that some sort of gun reform has the potential to stop/slow down mass shootings? Yeah I’m not interested in having that discussion. Like any problem, you have to address the root causal factors before just trying to put a bandaid on a bullet wound. No pun. Also I’m 100 times more worried about being killed by police than I am a mass shooter. I personally think it’s a race issue. I’m threatened by white people and am made to feel uncomfortable by them way too often for me to be thinking about a gun law that ain’t gonna do **** anyway if we’re keeping it a buck.

Interested in entertaining the idea that some sort of gun reform has the potential to stop/slow down mass shootings? Yeah I’m not interested in having that discussion. Like any problem, you have to address the root causal factors before just trying to put a bandaid on a bullet wound. No pun. Also I’m 100 times more worried about being killed by police than I am a mass shooter. I personally think it’s a race issue. I’m threatened by white people and am made to feel uncomfortable by them way too often for me to be thinking about a gun law that ain’t gonna do **** anyway if we’re keeping it a buck.

https://niketalk.com/threads/police-brutality-discussion-solutions.584528/

Then why even enter the thread in the first place?

Basically to tell us we're wrong :lol:

Like any other person that would rather do nothing than something, son comes off as pro-mass shootings.

40C1C9E1-E94B-48E0-847A-8679E7BF847C.gif

Im not gonna get disrespectful but check yourself with that bull****. It’s not something to joke about or even suggest that notion even in a joking manner.

hush. you came in literally trying to be a contrarian just to tie it up with you're more scared of police brutatlity than mass shootings... in a thread about mass shootings. you dont want to read (not surprising) you dont want to learn. you saying dont joke about it, with the way you're going about it, is kinda ironic. if you were born in 96... ur a lil too old to be this childish.

yea, Im unwatching this thread now.

In summary my only suggestion is to elect officials that will enact some sort of laws to to make it harder to get these heavy artillery type of guns from the average citizens. Of course it will not stop all mass shootings, but if it brings the number down by 1-2 a year then that would be a success.

However the NRA isnt going to let that happen over their cold dead body. But hey "prayer and thoughts" right?

Im not gonna get disrespectful but check yourself with that bull****. It’s not something to joke about or even suggest that notion even in a joking manner.

That's how it comes off though. To sit by, watch women and kids be slaughtered on an almost weekly basis and say that you don't even want to have a conversation about gun reform makes it sounds like you don't give 2 sh*ts about the problem. Inaction speaks volumes. Especially with what we know about how other countries have handled this.

Nipping the problem in the bud by attacking the root would be ideal, yes, but it's pretty unlikely given the history of this country. A baby steps approach is more plausible IMO.

It's also possible to address both police brutality AND mass shootings.

Yall need to come off your high horses. What if that mans starts chastising you for your views on vehicle safety, or opiates or any number of things that take thousands of more lives than mass shootings... dont see you in here lobbying against big pharma... you must not care

See how that works

Yall need to come off your high horses. What if that mans starts chastising you for your views on vehicle safety, or opiates or any number of things that take thousands of more lives than mass shootings... dont see you in here lobbying against big pharma... you must not care

See how that works

i think the consensus was nobody went into a thread about opiate addiction and compared it to another thing to die from. he went out of his way to go to the wrong place and say something kinda stupid. i dont get how thats a high horse.

I was jus reacting to the first thing I read, sry. Yea don do that pleigh boi.

Only way anything ever gets done on this front is civil discord.

Back
Top Bottom